Home > General > Introduction
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Introduction

Hi Folks
have registered today with this fine forum, as I will be getting my new Freelander II in August 2007.
To be quite frank, I have been hesitant to order the Freely II in view of the not very favourable reports on the reliability of the Freely I. Presently I drive the BMW X3 2,0d, and I am fed up with the harsh suspension preventing me from using this SUV for longer trips.
So I had to decide with what to replace my X3. I have test driven the Nissan X-Trail, the Toyota's, Jeep's and the like, but which SUV has impressed me most is the Landy II with its sophisticated interieur an the fine diesel engine. Besides, the Landy II is one of the very rare SUV'S which you can buy with automatic transmission and diesel engine. Comparison of the Landy II 6 cylinder petrol engine with the 4 cylinder diesel power pack leads straight to the diesel due to its amazing strength (400 nm at 2000 rev's). The fine suspension and handling of the Landy II ultimately made my decision.
Coming from BMW (ownerwise, I mean) I am still a little bit uneasy with regard to the expected reliability of the new Landy II, as my X3 was free from any trouble or problem for the last 3 years - besides the lousy suspension.
So I am eager to get my new car in August - stornoway grey metallic, leather pack, automatic, and S-Line.
I have noticed that in UK and overseas the offered lines are different from the lines available in Germany:
here, the lines are E (basic), S (with terrain response) SE (better audio system) and HSE (with leather trim).
As I am not the mobile audio freak, I have put my weight on the terrain response, automatic transmission, leather trim, bi-xenon lighting, parktronic at the back, heated front seats and 17" aluminium wheels.

So, I think that I have written enough. I will be posting my impressions as soon as I have my FL II.
Greetings from Germany
Yamhaha-Fan

Post #3747 11th Jun 2007 12:13 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

You'll love the suspension on the F2 then, and the quality of the interior How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #3756 11th Jun 2007 6:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1