Home > Events > Cheap holidays in Cumbria 2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
eskdale

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey
Cheap holidays in Cumbria 2009

Hello, Idea
This is an offer to all landrover owners that use this site and other sites RRS/Disco3 to have a cheap holiday at our Campsite in Ravenglass West Cumbria .
The deal is that some-one needs to sort every-one out (not me) Wink more than ten units gets the discount Shocked .
The units can be Caravans/Trailer tents/Motorhomes/or tents, well most things anyway !!!!.We open again at Ravenglass on the 14th Jan 2009 until the 30th Nov 2009,the site has great facilities, 16amp hook-up,10 channel TV hook-up and WIFI.
All the units apart from the tents will be on hard standing,you can check out the reviews on uk campsites .co.uk (Ravenglass).If you want to Email me send me a PM any-time, as i said some-one just needs to be captain on this holiday some-one to organise the booking not the people !! the booking could be for a Week-end or a week i do not mind. The site is the Camping and caravanning Club site we own the site and franchise it back to the CCC,we have the other site at Eskdale i will do the same deal there soon. Smile.this could be a great time to get every-one to-gether to have a laugh and a few beers!!.
This is a great part of the uk within reach of Wasdale Valley and only 500m from the beach at Ravenglass Surprised
Hope all this makes sense if not PM me if i have missed bits out Whistle
Best regards Eskdale

Post #34248 8th Jan 2009 5:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Toolking

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

Might be interested in this, especially as West Cumbria is our home ground and we do go back occasionally to see the families.

We could all take a trip on't Laal Ratty while we were there, haven't done that for years. Very Happy He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #34256 8th Jan 2009 9:53 pm
eskdale

Ravenglass Holiday

Hi all,
I could get cheaper tickets for the Ratty if enough folk and i know that i can get a good price on tickets for muncaster Castle near Ravenglass a mile from the site Thumbs Up
Regards Eskdale

Post #34257 8th Jan 2009 9:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Depending on the date I would be interested. Especially if CG turns up towing a caravan. Laughing

waaxh03

Post #34531 12th Jan 2009 9:21 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Ill do anything for charity, if the donations pour in I will tow a van..... but it would take a huge amount to get me to sleep in the thing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #34537 12th Jan 2009 11:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

This is a great idea for a few of us to meet up and have a get together as discussed on others threads

Great location, for scenery, pubs and family things and even a chance to drive the passes in the area too in convoy Thumbs Up

As a freel2 member I believe eskdale is offering the use of the site for a group get together is great and if a donation to the site could be incorporated into the price it would be even better, like when a off roading event is organized Thumbs Up

Unfortunately with our second baby on the way (March), a trip to Cornwall (July) and Portugal (Sept) and a possibilty of two stag parties to go on. I might be strapped for time to arrange anything and cash Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #34540 13th Jan 2009 12:28 am
eskdale

Come on Shocked Shocked is no-one going to take up this offer and organise a bash up north Thumbs Up Cheap holiday all you vanners can get to-gether and have a good chin wag Very Happy
I said i would not do this organising thing but Big Cry if some-one wants to pick a date every-one can call me and book direct with the campsite at ravenglass Thumbs Up

If you want, the same thing can happen at eskdale Campsite (sorry no Vanners)just tents and things or stop in a Pod Thumbs Up

Cumbria is waiting i promise you the weather will be chucking it down Rolling with laughter,the pubs up and down this Eskdale Valley are sound (food and ale) topless bar maids the lot,i wish Big Cry

I know this is a forum and the sorts, all i am doing is trying to get to-gether a few Landrovers, we had a G4 meet last year at Eskdale a good turn out

Regards Eskdale
ps I was very up-set that i missed the 19th Jan Big Cry

Post #35669 27th Jan 2009 8:29 pm
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

How much would the discounted rate be?

I would be up for a weekend away sometime, a friend of mine off Disco3 would probably tag along too. The Old Coachroad would be a nice ride out if anyone was interested. Very Happy The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #35673 27th Jan 2009 10:39 pm
Toolking

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

i am still interested but am not very sure about dates at the moment - I will discuss with my SWMBO. Sometime in the spring might be best for us.
Eskdale, I assume that you would want to avoid this being over a holiday weekend as you would hope to be busy then anyway.

The old coachroad would be interesting - I have done it before but that was on a pushbike when I did the coast to coast with my son _ I doubt I could do that these days. He who dies with the most tools wins!

Post #35674 27th Jan 2009 11:44 pm
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Any news on prices? Does anyone have any feelings on what month they would prefer, we can then put it up as an event to get an idea of numbers. The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #36750 9th Feb 2009 12:26 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

If you time things right and book early enough then you should also be able to do some of the controlled access lanes like the Gatescarth Pass as well. You have to go to the Lake District National Park Authority website to get the details of access to the controlled routes, numbers of cars are severely restricted - when I drove Gatescarth 4 years ago we were allowed a group of 8 cars and 12 motorbikes and had to repair any damage to the track surface as we went along - there were 2 people from the Authority with us and a guy from the National Trail Bikers Federation as well to make repairs after the bikes.

Might be worth putting more posts on RRS,D3,FullFatRR and Defender2 as I'm sure there would be plenty of tintenters and those who camp out in the back of their D3's who would be interested How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #36840 10th Feb 2009 11:39 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1