Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Nope. we get only 9 speakers.

Sad

Dorko

Post #31228 17th Nov 2008 11:23 pm
pwven

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Nazca Sand

Hi Mav71
In South Africa we only get the 9 speaker system in the HSE.

Post #31238 18th Nov 2008 8:58 am
Fishy

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

9 speakers? I think all of us with the HSE have been conned. There is no centre speaker in the dash!!! This only comes with the Tech pack. Unless they count the subwoofer as a speaker?? but then shouldnt it be 8.1?? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #31327 19th Nov 2008 8:13 am
mackie777

Australia 

i thought the tech pack came with 13 speakers, i have the tech pack and there is a front centre speaker, dont know where all the others are Smile

Post #31329 19th Nov 2008 8:45 am
Dorko

mackie777 wrote:
i thought the tech pack came with 13 speakers, i have the tech pack and there is a front centre speaker, dont know where all the others are Smile

for 4 more speakers i can get apline speakers installed for 300 bucks. Not worth the tech pack.

Dorko

Post #31381 20th Nov 2008 1:18 pm
Fishy

Dorko next time you have Slim Dusty cranking can you put your ear over the centre speaker in the dash and tell me what you hear? Nothing????

The tech pack is 13 speakers. 3 in the dash, 2 in the corner of the door/dash, 2 in the front doors, 2 in the back doors, 2 in the back pillars of the boot, and 2 sub woofers i believe.

i guess that answers my own question about the 9 speakers? the suby is included in the total.

To get more speakers installed would they just be run off a split wire from the existing? They wouldnt have the dolby surround sound then?? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #31385 20th Nov 2008 2:44 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I think we only get the center speaker here in the UK if you have the inbuilt satnav Question

Post #31387 20th Nov 2008 2:49 pm
Fishy

Here in Oz to get the sat nav you have to get it as part of a Tech Pack which also comes with the dolby pro logic II 7.1 surround sound with 13 speakers unit plus the adaptive headlights and bluetooth Unfortunately you cant seperately buy any of the items and the cost of the tech pack is a ridiculous price.

Hence why a lot of us are doing our own sat nav installs. 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #31500 22nd Nov 2008 1:30 am
Dorko

Fishy wrote:
Dorko next time you have Slim Dusty cranking can you put your ear over the centre speaker in the dash and tell me what you hear? Nothing????

The tech pack is 13 speakers. 3 in the dash, 2 in the corner of the door/dash, 2 in the front doors, 2 in the back doors, 2 in the back pillars of the boot, and 2 sub woofers i believe.

i guess that answers my own question about the 9 speakers? the suby is included in the total.

To get more speakers installed would they just be run off a split wire from the existing? They wouldnt have the dolby surround sound then??

Well when i had the sat nav installed the center speaker is empty. So this is where the guy install the sat nav speaker and external antenna.

Can' t beleive LR is so cheap. Bastards!

Dorko

Post #32115 28th Nov 2008 9:42 am
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Since the head unit remains the same beween the stock HSE (9 speakers) and the Technology Pack upgrade (13 speakers) I am guessing they add an AMP. Does anyone know where the AMP is located? Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #36530 6th Feb 2009 11:04 pm
chris8of9

Isle Of Man 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

Furyan wrote:
Since the head unit remains the same beween the stock HSE (9 speakers) and the Technology Pack upgrade (13 speakers) I am guessing they add an AMP. Does anyone know where the AMP is located?

AMPLIFIERS
The audio system has three amplification options dependant on the audio system specified:
�� Internal amplifier
�� Harman kardon
�� Harman kardon LOGIC 7
The amplifier is located in the Right Hand (RH) corner of the luggage compartment and is connected to the audio system via the MOST bus. Speaker connections are hardwired.

Post #36540 7th Feb 2009 12:13 am
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Sooooooo...

The sound system isn't Alpine, I knew this as they say "branded" Alpine in the literature. I don't mind Harmon Kardon. Are the speakers HK as well?

I'm going to look at my amp, be right back... Very Happy

Looks like I'll need some tools to find it, want to get model details so I can get specs etc. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #36553 7th Feb 2009 8:19 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12