« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > DAB RADIO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
builder

England 
DAB RADIO

I have just tried to add DAB to my order as it will be available from 18th Jan The cost is £200.

Unfortunately my dealer is having problems getting through to LR Sad to see if it is too late to add it to my order, as it is being built sometime in January for collection 1st of March.

Just thought I would mention this in case other forum users wish to upgrade to DAB for a car being built in the near future. (GET IN QUICK IF REQUIRED). Wink

Post #12537 3rd Jan 2008 4:57 pm
builder

England 
Re: DAB RADIO

builder wrote:
I have just tried to add DAB to my order as it will be available from 18th Jan The cost is £200.

Unfortunately my dealer is having problems getting through to LR Sad to see if it is too late to add it to my order, as it is being built sometime in January for collection 1st of March.

Just thought I would mention this in case other forum users wish to upgrade to DAB for a car being built in the near future. (GET IN QUICK IF REQUIRED). Wink

Result. Very Happy My dealer was able to get through to LR eventually and was able to ad digital radio to my cars spec. Thumbs Up

Post #12595 4th Jan 2008 6:32 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Big Cry Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12602 4th Jan 2008 8:02 pm
Faz

United Kingdom 
DAB Radio

Just found out the DAB radio is a chargable factory fitted extra even on the HSE spec audio system (£200). Is it worth it? I was watching a prog on TV yesterday saying some media companies are withdrawing from DAB and staying with analogue....as less people are buying DAB radios...prefering to use internet access to radio! So will it be worth getting DAB car radios, as channel choice is going to be limited?

Post #14162 13th Feb 2008 9:40 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

On the DAB

I was in the BOSE shop looking at a DAB addon for my system, the chap in the shop told me not to bother getting a DAB at the moment.

His reason was that the DAB system is going to be changing and DAB+ (or something like that) and your going to end up having lots of people out there with DAB instead of DAB+ and been not able to receive the broadcasts though he did say it could be at least 5 years.

I supose it could be like the TV's going digital and then a newer better digital service comes along and we all have to go out and buy a new telebox. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14163 13th Feb 2008 10:58 am
annesley23

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Just picked up my HSE. The DAB is really good. takes a little to set it up, and not as straight forward as a portable DAB, but the sound quality is an improvement, especially when you listen to TALKSPORT alot like me.

The only thing i would say is that it is pretty expensive at £200. Freelander 2 HSE Auto TD4. Privacy Glass. DAB Radio. Upper Chrome Mirror Covers. Tread Plates Front/Back. Cargo Net. SafeGuard, Santorini Black, Moon Roof

Post #15363 8th Mar 2008 12:46 pm
mjb

Germany 

I read the other day that DAB radio has been a failure in the UK and they're thinking about turning it off.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/06/dab_fail/
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2...radio.html
I wouldn't bother with DAB, its future is too uncertain for such an expensive option. - Mike

Post #15396 9th Mar 2008 12:04 pm
Cameo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I keep reading that DAB has been a failure but most of the reports seem to stem from the Guardian Rolling Eyes Whilst it is supported and promoted by the BBC I think it's around for some years to come. Granted the licensing arrangements favour the BBC and penalise commercial stations, perhaps that's what needs to be addressed? (Along with the cheesy DJs and poor programme formats)

As for an option on the LR2; yes it is expensive however there is a huge difference in sound quality and choice in music/ sport programmes. That justifies the cost to me....as long as it doesn't shut down this week Laughing

Post #15411 9th Mar 2008 6:32 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

All the chat of the failure of DAB stems from the move by GCAP (owner of Capital Radio etc) to suggest they are pulling the plug on DAB. However Global Radio who own the likes of Heart FM are looking to buy GCAP at present and the sale of GCAP's DAB has been put on hold by the regulator. If Global buy they have invested heavily in DAB so will want it to become a success. I work in the media business hence know a little about this. Additionally I pick up my HSE with DAB tomorrow. Reckon £200 is good value. Very Happy

Post #15552 11th Mar 2008 9:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

even with all that has been said about DAB, I would still get it if I could,

But i can't Big Cry Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15561 11th Mar 2008 10:04 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Npinks - if you and Mr Chicken keep entertaining us on here and you can come and listen to my DAB radio any time you dare venture to the wilds of surrey. Rolling with laughter 08 Santorini Black HSE manual with DAB and privacy glass

Post #15570 11th Mar 2008 11:05 pm
annesley23

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I have spent a few days with the new FL2 and the DAB is brilliant. Once you get used to tune the ensemble lists it is great. Quality perfect and you can pick some decent DAB radio stations that have very few adverts.

Highly recomended. Freelander 2 HSE Auto TD4. Privacy Glass. DAB Radio. Upper Chrome Mirror Covers. Tread Plates Front/Back. Cargo Net. SafeGuard, Santorini Black, Moon Roof

Post #15571 11th Mar 2008 11:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

edh wrote:
Npinks - if you and Mr Chicken keep entertaining us on here and you can come and listen to my DAB radio any time you dare venture to the wilds of surrey. Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15573 11th Mar 2008 11:37 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Surrey Shocked no chance that's south of Watford gap Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #32757 10th Dec 2008 12:13 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1