« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > New Member and my Freelander 2 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
New Member and my Freelander 2 HSE

Firstly, thanks to a member on here messaging me on ebay, I have found the forum and joined straight away! Hope fully I will get to know you as time goes by, but heres a few pics of my Freelander 2 and a bit on what I have done to it.

The first picture is when it was sitting in the showroon ready for collection towards the beginning of 2007.

It is an HSE TD4, with the zenon AFL, Privacy Glass and full size spare as factory options.

Since I have owned it, I have carried out a few modifications to bring it into line with what I like. Everything where possible is bought from from the Land Rover parts bin,

Modifications

Side Steps
Side Mouldings
Sports Front Grill
Clear Side Repeaters (Non Genuine)
Body Colour Door Mirror Housings
Front and Rear Mudflaps
Discovery 3 Body Colour Door Handles
Dual Branch Exhaust
Rear Spoiler
19" HSE/HST Shadow Chrome Alloy Wheels
Premium Pack Storage Cubby
Removable Towbar and Electrics
6 Disc DVD Player and Headrest Mounted Screens using AUX for sound
Silvertech indicater bulbs

Future plans are to have the bottom trim painted like the Premium Pack cars.

Hope you like it!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Last edited by Mav71 on 15th Nov 2008 10:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #31091 15th Nov 2008 7:10 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

and you turned it into an LR2 Idea At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #31097 15th Nov 2008 7:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

looks nice Thumbs Up

What benefits do you get with the twin exhaust, more BHP or is it just for looks

IMO i wouldn't have bothered making it look like a US import by changing the badge to LR2 Smile

I thought about changing the sills and front & rear bumper into body colour, even went and bought a second set of sills, but decided that it wouldn't look right, unless it was fitted with the bodykit Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31101 15th Nov 2008 8:42 pm
Mav71

chicken george wrote:
and you turned it into an LR2 Idea

I only used the LR2 badge as I think the Freelander 2 badge is way too big. I kind of like the LR2 name though.

npinks wrote:
looks nice Thumbs Up

What benefits do you get with the twin exhaust, more BHP or is it just for looks

IMO i wouldn't have bothered making it look like a US import by changing the badge to LR2 Smile

I thought about changing the sills and front & rear bumper into body colour, even went and bought a second set of sills, but decided that it wouldn't look right, unless it was fitted with the bodykit

You won't gain any real BHP with the twin exhaust, I just thought the standard drooper looked quite sad, and after looking into the parts from the i6, it was an easy conversion and I think it looks much better.

The main reason I have decided to colour code the botton half, is that it's going to be standard on HSE for 2009 MY and it was optional this year on HSE with premium pack.

But thanks for the comments guys. Seems like a really good site after hving a good look around this afternoon. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Last edited by Mav71 on 15th Nov 2008 9:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #31104 15th Nov 2008 8:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

so it the i6 exhaust you swapped it to Thumbs Up

can you go in to the rear screen and entertainment system , how do you play dvd's ect any front screen integration too Question

Glad your liking the site, full of idea and information Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31105 15th Nov 2008 9:05 pm
ad210358

England 

CG, you were distracted by the LR2 and you missed the most important accessory a towbar Laughing p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #31108 15th Nov 2008 9:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31110 15th Nov 2008 9:13 pm
Mav71

npinks wrote:
so it the i6 exhaust you swapped it to Thumbs Up

can you go in to the rear screen and entertainment system , how do you play dvd's ect any front screen integration too Question

Glad your liking the site, full of idea and information Very Happy

Yep, it's simply the i6 silencer, and clamp available from LR, then you cut the centre pipe at at the correct distance, remove the TD4 centre pipe, have the end expanded by about 4mm and simply bolt up, took me about 1/2 hour to do.

Regarding the DVD system, I have an Alpine 6 disc dvd player under the left seat, two screens into the headrests as you can see, then I used the Audio output phono leads from the dvd player and put them into an adaptor that plugs into AUX socket, to keep things hidden, I disconnected the AUX in socket from the console and plugged it into the DVD output under the console.

Then by simply pressing the AUX button on the dash, the sound comes through the car speakers in full surround etc.

You can buy a plug and play adaptor for the front screen, but as the FL2 and RR Sport use the same screen, the adaptor is about £900!!!!! So I won't be doing this for a while until a cheaper version comes out. The adaptor for the normal Range Rover is about £350. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #31111 15th Nov 2008 9:14 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ad210358 wrote:
CG, you were distracted by the LR2 and you missed the most important accessory a towbar Laughing

yeah right I enjoy a good bitch slap from the mod every now and again. Also he looks quite stocky and I don't fancy a fist fight in Keilder forest Laughing It hurts my fist when I have to put big guys down

(or am I just keeping my powder dry for the big one Twisted Evil ) At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Last edited by chicken george on 15th Nov 2008 11:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #31118 15th Nov 2008 11:01 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

mav have a ;look into the G-Net unit, which you could also use for a reversing camera

http://www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-models-...sp#OPTIONS

As a after thought on the towbar and exhausts

If you use the towbar for towing something like a caravan with the i6 exhaust silencers it could be rather sooty with them pointing straight out instead of at the floor Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #31121 15th Nov 2008 11:20 pm
Mav71

npinks wrote:
mav have a ;look into the G-Net unit, which you could also use for a reversing camera

http://www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-models-...sp#OPTIONS

As a after thought on the towbar and exhausts

If you use the towbar for towing something like a caravan with the i6 exhaust silencers it could be rather sooty with them pointing straight out instead of at the floor Confused

I towed our caravan down to the spanish border in the summer and to be honest we did'nt get any sooty dirt on the front of the caravan. I have always thought the 2.2 TD4 is a pretty clean engine when under load with next to nothing coming out of the back.

Not like our old crappy Passat TDi, it was like having a cloking device!!!

I'll look into the Gnet unit though, sounds interesting!! Thumbs Up Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #31126 15th Nov 2008 11:59 pm
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Thats hot! Thumbs Up

I love the DVD player. Very cool!

Dorko

Post #31231 17th Nov 2008 11:45 pm
snairda

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Mav71,

Glad you visited the site after my email via ebay. Did you sell your 18" HSE wheels? i was very interested, just a bit far to travel for me an a little more than i really wanted to pay.

I do like the 19" wheels on your car thought. Best pic ive seen of freelander 2 with 19" wheels on.

I think the lower sills in body colour would look great, espaecially with chrome side tubes.

Adrian.

Post #31261 18th Nov 2008 2:50 pm
Mav71

Hi snairda, there not sold yet, loads of watchers each time, but I am not in any rush to be honest. they are mint so won't give them away. If it takes a few months or so it doesn't really matter.

Glad you gave me the link to this site though, really usefull site. Thanks for the comments on the car as well. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #31268 18th Nov 2008 6:37 pm
snairda

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Did you have the Factory Fitted privacy glass, or was it the film done by the dealer?

snairda.

Post #31278 18th Nov 2008 8:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>