Home > General > HID bulbs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Scottpaterson23

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black
HID bulbs

Hi guys,

looking for guys experience with bulbs/lights. I previously had an audi with the nice bi-xenon headlights which were really good. I now have the freel2 with the projectors with the standard halogen bulbs type.
I am looking to upgrade them to HID but not sure on them to much. I tried a LED kit but the beam pattern was allover the place.
Can anyone help on this ?
I am mainly looking at the 4300k 35w for more light on the road and a better colour if possible .

Post #298833 17th May 2016 1:53 am
anglaslt

Lithuania 2015 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Lux Auto Havana

I tried to do this years ago on a 2007 car but gave up even though I had bought replacement FL2 Xenon lamps. I found that the connector pins were in a different place and I didn't attempt to change it around.

Maybe others have been more succesful.

In the end I sold the xenon units and bought Philips X-treme replacement bulbs which made a big difference. driving on the right side

Post #298835 17th May 2016 3:06 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

3 weeks ago I handed in my A4 Avant company car with its laser like Bi Xenon so I know where you are coming from. On the Freelander 2 I have the latest flavour of the Phillips Xtreme Vision halogen upgrades for beam and dip , which are around £25 a pair from various outlets like EuroCar Parts , they are a definite improvement over stock bulbs, but the trade off will be lasting about one third the life of Originals. On my new Subaru the dips are LED projectors and the mains were dingy stock 65w Halogen, which did In fact throw a fair distance but going from bright LED white with a sharp cut off to a yellowish beam was a strange thing. I changed these bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers last week as I could not get the fitment in Phillips. Again a perceivable improvement for around 25 quid.

I would not use an HID kit as an upgrade for the same reason as you found with the LED kit, that is the reflectors are not designed for it , but the Xtremes and Nightbreakers are a decent improvement. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #298945 18th May 2016 7:38 pm
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

I have a set I have been meaning to fit since November Embarassed

Will get round to it in the next couple of weeks, as I do a full brake refurb, service and timing belt. After that lot, a couple of bulbs shouldn't be a problem Laughing

Post #298947 18th May 2016 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scottpaterson23

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Yup what was the main issue that the reflectors weren't ment to have them fitted. I think ill go for a pair of upgrade bulbs instead and see how I get on .

cheers Thumbs Up

Post #298976 19th May 2016 8:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1