Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Cars bluetooth message
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

Cars bluetooth message

First one for me, I came out of the shop and started the car, within a few seconds I had the message on the centre screen "An ipad device attempted to connect to the vehicle, bluetooth has been disabled by the cars system " or words closely to that affect.

Anyway my phone (android) refused to connect although still showing 'paired', tried unpairing and deleting from the cars system but the car then couldn't find a bluetooth device, nor could my phone find the car.

Left it until the next morning and it paired first time, seems it needed the full shutdown time to reset and enable bluetooth again.

Never knew there was protection built into the car for rogue devices attempting to connect, but anyway its just some info in case it happens to anyone else.

Post #296329 14th Apr 2016 7:39 pm
maffy

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Not had this, but quite regularly have the Bluetooth not connect and the only way round it is to pull over and stop the engine, lock the doors and then unlock, start the engine etc- happens at least twice a week.
right pain in the A***E
aslo at same time sat-nav does not activate, so some electrical glitch somewhere. Hit it he said, Hit it!--So I hit it, then he hit me---Doh!

Post #296391 15th Apr 2016 2:16 pm
EYorkshire

Unlucky, had my Sony for nearly two years now and it connects first time always and stays connected.

Talking to the dealer it seems that while I nipped into the shop, the cars bluetooth was still active and showed in a scan by someone with an 'Apple' device, so they tried to 'pair' with the car which is why the cars bluetooth system shut down and leaving me that message when I returned.

If it was a genuine attempt to 'pair' a second phone, the cars ignition would have been on.

Post #296402 15th Apr 2016 3:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1