Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Goodyear Wrangler or Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
BRD

England 

I've now ordered a set of Verde All Season for my wife's car, if they work well I'll probably get some for the Freelander.

Post #283426 4th Dec 2015 12:33 pm
scrimple

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Ipanema Sand

I had wranglers from new, they became very noisy at about 4mm leading me to think the dif/rear wheel bearing was faulty. Moving them to the front moved the noise proving the tyres to be the cause.

I have moved to verde's and no noise so far, though I am only months an 4K into them, so not proven as yet.

I have to say, the properties are very similar to the wranglers re handling, but according to the blurb, they are b on mileage and b on wet grip whereas the wranglers are c on mileage and b on grip. The verde's are 108 on weight rating which influenced my choice as I tow quite a bit and wanted the extra performance because of that.

Basically you pays your money and takes your chance.  MY2014 SD4 XS
Ipanema Sand

MY10 TD4-e GS Manual
Lago Grey Now retired after 8 trouble free years

Post #283441 4th Dec 2015 2:48 pm
Angling Mad

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Indus Silver

Lots of sound stuff been said but just to add my experience of near 5 years from new and 68000 miles. I have always had GY Wranglers and never had an issue with performance. Just 4k ago put on the 3rd set so around £2k per set which in my view well worth it and very reasonable. Actually 30 per tyre less than when I first changed them @£106 all in fitted per wheel.

Being a mad angler I do lots of travelling bad road/lane/track/field. I spend 3 months a year in Ireland and we get snowed in over the winter for a few days so IMHO these are the best all rounders for this vehicle. Maybe that's why LR supplied it with them. Just my opinion though FWIW

Post #284046 10th Dec 2015 8:53 pm
Angling Mad

sorry for the typo which I guess everyone has picked up should be £2K per set but 32K miles per set

Post #284047 10th Dec 2015 8:55 pm
AW14

United Kingdom 

Angling Mad wrote:
Lots of sound stuff been said but just to add my experience of near 5 years from new and 68000 miles. I have always had GY Wranglers and never had an issue with performance. Just 4k ago put on the 3rd set so around £2k per set which in my view well worth it and very reasonable. Actually 30 per tyre less than when I first changed them @£106 all in fitted per wheel.

Being a mad angler I do lots of travelling bad road/lane/track/field. I spend 3 months a year in Ireland and we get snowed in over the winter for a few days so IMHO these are the best all rounders for this vehicle. Maybe that's why LR supplied it with them. Just my opinion though FWIW

After much thought I might just change to GY Wrangler AW as well. perfomed perfectly. Did think about P Vere All Season but not convinced.

Post #284051 10th Dec 2015 9:10 pm
Angling Mad

You really cannot go wrong, they do what they say on the tin and at the end of the day all tyres are a compromise just in my these are less of one plus with that choice and it will be more attractive to others if you decide to sell. Over the years I have always done OK reselling by keeping my cars in original condition with a FSH.

Post #284062 10th Dec 2015 11:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12