Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Available Car.. Not Impressed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

sounds as if Browny90 knows what to look for and has the experience to be sure of what he is buying.

Iain

Post #280318 4th Nov 2015 11:01 am
Jimski

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Woman at work had issues with AC in Cannock, ended up rejecting a car and having a full refund as they were a bit pants to deal with after several large mechanical faults they didn't sort properly.

Still, as always, we only hear about the handful of issues, and never the 100's of positive sales and experiences.

But as others have said, sounds like you know what you are looking for, get everything in writing and knock them down on price!! 2013 FL2 - Black Edition Auto
2013 FL2 - Black Edition Manual GONE!
Founder of the 'Microscopic LR Spoiler Badge Club'
Destroyer of chrome rears.....

Post #280320 4th Nov 2015 11:17 am
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

My son just bought a 63 plate Astra from Available Car. The car was advertised as having factory fit Bluetooth / Phone etc but it wasn't until he collected the car that he realised it didn't.

In fairness to AC though, they agreed to (and did) fit a decent parrot without quibble on a date convenient to my son which he was happy with. Otherwise, he is delighted with the car - his third Vauxhall in a row.

The one time I looked for a car from them I was impressed with their approach... No hard sell and quick and fair px price offered fo my mondeo. In the event though, the FL2 wasn't quite the spec I wanted so I bought from an LR dealer.

Post #280321 4th Nov 2015 11:24 am
Browny90

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Quote:
Woman at work had issues with AC in Cannock, ended up rejecting a car and having a full refund as they were a bit pants to deal with after several large mechanical faults they didn't sort properly.

I'd considered this, But as I said earlier, I need a new car, they have already done (at least) one credit check against me, If I cancel, I risk not being accepted by someone else due to the amount of searches done on me..

Quote:
But as others have said, sounds like you know what you are looking for, get everything in writing and knock them down on price!!

I read up quite a bit yesterday about kknocking them down on price, according to other forums, AC dont do that, people have tried in the past and one said that it says on their website that they dont haggle.. maybe I'll try and get a tank of fuel out of it as the fuel light came on on the test drive Whistle

Quote:
Still, as always, we only hear about the handful of issues, and never the 100's of positive sales and experiences.

I agree, Like I said, this is my experience, and others may have/ must have had better.

I got a £100 voucher from the in laws aswel which i let them know when i first called. then last night the manager came over and said 'if you use this, we have to recalculate the finance so it'll be another credit check blah blah.. i argued and surely i can just pay £7900 deposit plus the voucher.. he spent 20 minutes clicking away to then come back and say ' yes you're right, we can just take it off the deposit' .. These "managers" are hard work..

Post #280323 4th Nov 2015 11:26 am
Browny90

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Quote:
The one time I looked for a car from them I was impressed with their approach... No hard sell and quick and fair px price offered fo my mondeo.

I agree that there was no hard sell of the extended warranty/ GAP insurance etc.. I'm considering it, but I need to read up a little more first to see if they cover the stuff thats likely to go wrong.. i.e. they say they cover Turbo's*..

see the "*" there.. when you read into it.. they cover the turbo in the event the body fails.. I personally have never seen a turbo body fail.. I asked if the impeller/ oil seal etc was covered.. Nope! just the body..

then he went on to explain that they only cover certain engine, gearbox and diff parts..

DM Flywheel.... Not covered
Diff bearings..... Not covered
etc etc.. I'm not sure its worth it for ~£370pa

Post #280326 4th Nov 2015 11:32 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

You very often find with these car dealers, they advertise the car, give its spec, and its not exactly right as some office junior has looked at the last car that looks like it they had in and copy and pasted the spec from that into the advert for the next one and not altered it accordingly.
I was looking at FL2s with "heated front screen" that didnt have it when you looked at the car in question, so you cant take whats written as being right which is a bit of a nuisance once youve bought it and got it home then find out, so check everything before you say you will have it.

Post #280332 4th Nov 2015 12:25 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If I went for a test drive and it was a designated route that would be me done right there.

Post #280337 4th Nov 2015 1:08 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

fitting genuine side steps involves cutting holes in plastic sill covers, you may need to buy new covers if you remove the steps, or a tube of black sikaflex At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #280347 4th Nov 2015 2:07 pm
Dartman the one

England 

There is no problem with HP checks, if your credit is accepted, it is your choice to withdraw if the deal is not acceptable without affecting your credit rating.
The warranty is worth nothing, but you still have the SOG act. The problem is they will argue the price and mileage were commiserate and only offer limited recompense based on life expectancy of the part. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #280351 4th Nov 2015 2:39 pm
marcusfordus

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver
Av Car

I went to look, test drove and was very keen on a black XS earlier this year from AC (1/4 mile from where I live)

The deal breaker was the standard 3 month warranty offered and an extra payment to extend it.
I used the internet to trawl the Land Rover dealerships online used cars search, found the right one at the other end of the country, but IT CAME WITH TWO YEARS LR WARRANTY and was cheaper than AC.

I negotiated an excellent trade in with our Yeti over the phone with the dealer, far far better than AC were willing to give me.

Post #280378 4th Nov 2015 9:29 pm
Labradorslave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

A few people from work have bought from AC without any problems. AC buy from auctions (lease, hire and private) and off ebay etc. No different from most garages including main dealers. I sold a HSE FL2 on ebay which was bought by a professional car buyer for a Land Rover dealership.

There is no need to worry about the test route being used to disguise problems-their insurance only covers them for a local, low speed predefined route. I test drove a FL2 and turned left instead of right so I could try the clutch on a hill in Castle Donington. The sales guy was not amused but accepted if you are spending nearly £20k you should be allowed to drive a route of your choice. The only caveat I would make is their cars are not prepared to the same standard as Land Rover but then you aren't paying Land Rover prices.

Post #280379 4th Nov 2015 9:34 pm
Bubbles

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

I'd look around for GAP insurance if you feel you need it. Plenty of companies can do it direct giving better cover for less money and a longer time period than taking the dealer option - salesman's face fell when buying the wife's Freelander as we could get cover for 5 years replacement vehicle cover up to £25K for under half his best offer for standard GAP which was only 3 years and RTI Thumbs Up FL No 1 - 2012 (MY2011) XS manual Firenze Red - Gone
FL No 2 - 2012 (MY2012) XS manual Barolo Black - SWMBO wanted one too!
FL No 3 -2013 XS SD4 Auto Santorini Black
Series III SWB Hardtop - long gone
110 CSW V8 - long gone
Discovery 1 200Tdi - long gone

Post #280417 5th Nov 2015 11:51 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I have never bothered with GAP insurance, the higher the value of the car the less likely it is to be written off. Different story if it gets stolen but nobody nicks cars these days do they? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #280467 5th Nov 2015 8:05 pm
Bubbles

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

Insurance company might not be so keen to repair 5 years down the line and I'm hoping the FL2 is going to be a keeper for a while. Beside the GAP cover we use is refundable/transferable pro rata until the end of the cover period so in effect we only pay for the cover we use - or hopefully don't use Confused

I'd prefer not to test the theory that expensive cars don't get written off as easily - might be true of newer cars but prefer not to take the chance on a discontinued model three or four years down the line myself.

Re cars getting nicked - seems that in some places the thieving scrotes don't bother nicking cars for parts any more - they just take the parts straight off the parked car!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33348506 FL No 1 - 2012 (MY2011) XS manual Firenze Red - Gone
FL No 2 - 2012 (MY2012) XS manual Barolo Black - SWMBO wanted one too!
FL No 3 -2013 XS SD4 Auto Santorini Black
Series III SWB Hardtop - long gone
110 CSW V8 - long gone
Discovery 1 200Tdi - long gone

Post #280530 6th Nov 2015 12:05 pm
lazypup

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Santorini Black

hi i bought myd2 from available car [could not find what i wanted locally] standard model s did not want bells n whistles.35000 mls 59 plate anyway bought on wed collected on mon went on test drive ask how far i could go told were you like ,i said france he just said a bit to far Laughing ,no problem got warranty. tue morning went to france did 4000mls pulling 27ft caravan,no problems. i think it must of been the salesman i was dealt with the utmost professional manner [know i don,t work for them] and i would go back to them if thy had what i wanted.but if in doubt,check,check.and check again Thumbs Up

Post #280652 8th Nov 2015 8:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>