Home > In Car Electronics > FL2 TD4S 2011 Nav Sat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Vithanare

Poland 
FL2 TD4S 2011 Nav Sat

Hi all,

I'd like to upgrade my 2011 TD4S with Sat Nav and found that: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Land-Ro....72.148x4y
Any of You has experience with unit like this and could share opinion?

Thanks Smile

Post #277291 30th Sep 2015 10:59 am
Trekker1972

Italy 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 S Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi,
I have a WinCE model of "integrated" navi system like this. I bought it on ebay directly from China four years ago and I did the installation. The instructions doesn't exists so I had some problem to understand the cable connection and how to dismount the radio and the gear box cover. The final results looks good, the monitor is inside the cubby hole without any external cable and it fits perfectly the space.
The system is currently working and it can do more than the original navigation from LR (phone call hands free, mp3 and dvd player, video player, rearview camera, A2DP bluetooth connection, gps navigation, audio spectrum analyzer), but:
1- the bluetooth phone call hands free has a problem with the microphone so I had to shout as loud as I can because the caller can't hear me if I speak at a normal voice level. There isn't a microphone gain regulation.
2- I have installed the program Igo Primo and it can works, but the processor is slow and the ram memory is limited, so the refresh is quite slow and I cannot install the latest version;
3- The dvd module can read usb memory key, but I have to resample and change the volume level of all the mp3 songs to avoid a terrible distortion in the audio.
4- Sometimes it can't read the usb memory key and I have to remove and insert again or reset the system;
5- Sometimes, when I connect the phone via bluetooth while Igo is running, the system crashes and I have to reset the system.
6- It doesn't support steering wheel controls.
7- It doesn't exists any assistance or upgrades to fix these problems. After 4 years I can live with it, but I'm not fully satisfied.
I wish to find a replacement for my current system with an android-based system that can be mounted inside the dashboard. Your links is what I'm looking for, but it's from China and I'm worried about the product quality.
The price is fair compared to the excessive cost of the original LR system.
I'm studing to use a tablet like others forum members, but there are problems to connect the rearview camera and manage the power source. MY11 SD4 S

www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/676513.html

Post #277395 1st Oct 2015 11:29 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1