« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Goodyear Vector 4Seasons
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim Taylor

Goodyear Vector 4Seasons

Hi

New here and can't find anything about these tyres using the search facility. I like the idea of a fit and forget multipurpose tyre that I can drive summer and winter. Has anyone tried these? Living in the south of the UK I'm unlikely to encounter anything too extreme but it would be convenient to be able to get out in snow and ice.

Cheers

Tim

Edit: I should say I'm driving a 2011 SD4 GS which has 235/65 R17 V rated tyres at present

Post #276615 22nd Sep 2015 12:24 pm
Tim Taylor

I guess no one has tried these then. The Nokian weatherproof look a better bet in any case so I may just get in the queue and switch to those. 2011 SD4 GS 190

Post #276814 24th Sep 2015 9:53 pm
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

I looked at those as they are a very popular tyre in mainland Europe as they avoid having to change tyres every 6 months. However, they were not available in my size so I went for the Nokian Weatherproof. FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
FL1 HSE TD4 Manual Black - Gone.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #276816 24th Sep 2015 10:09 pm
wurzel153

2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

I'm on my second set (possibly 3rd but can't remember) of the vector 4 seasons on my Citroen c4 grand Picasso. I had a set put on my old 2010 fl2 purely because they were very good on the 2wd car. I can not get a 19 inch set for my new fl2 but if I could I would struggle to find a reason not to get them. I expect you would like a review.

Firstly it appears the vector 4 season has a generation 2 version, looking at the tread it is very slightly different to my vectors so I assume the new one should be a bit better.

I was using them in kent, I got them mainly for the fact we lived on a huge floodplain and this meant the roads were coated with ice the entire winter, (and having rolled my xtype into a field ditch kind of altered my mindset on tyre choice).

So a review for you.

On the 2wd.
Mpg, possibly better but hardly noticeable improvement.
Wet weather they are superb.
In the dry they are no different to a summer tyre, I do not drive fast so I expect the boy racers would be able to tell the difference.
I got about 30k max out of these tyres, this is dependant on the level of tread when winter comes, they have a winter marker in the tread depth and when this is reached the tyres do not perform very well in any condition other than summer.
Having them on my 2wd has pretty much made my Land Rover redundant, (I no longer need a 4x4).
You can bash curbs and they do not damage, very tough side walls.
All 4 wore evenly
They appear pretty quiet until you reach the winter depth wear mark, after this they are noisey and a bit unstable on braking.

On the 2010 fl2.
They were very good, again used in very icy conditions.
I drove them in snow but only got 2 miles as my power steering pump failed and had to be recovered. During this short trip I noticed that you still need to be a bit careful when braking, but far better than a summer tyre. Moving off in the snow and ice was drama free including cornering.
They are good to the point that you can get overconfident, I went way to fast around a sheet ice bend and the rear stepped out but then gripped again.

One thing I have noticed in the tyre reviews is that they don't really test on icy roads, which is what the UK suffers with a lot, they seem to test on snow packed roads which have different grip levels. I can vouch for the vectors as they have been on my Citroen for about 4 ish years ( can't remember exactly). I believe I did about 8-10k on the fl2 with them fitted, but I had to sell the car due to many issues.

Let me know if you want any more information. They are a fit and forget tyre.
It looks like the nokian may be better from the latest reviews though. But then the new Michelin cross climates may be better than than the nokians.

Post #276819 24th Sep 2015 10:43 pm
Tim Taylor

Thank you both very much for your replies. I think on balance the Nokian looks better although the Vector seems excellent too. I'll order some of these and see how I get on.

Cheers

Tim 2011 SD4 GS 190

Post #276841 25th Sep 2015 12:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1