Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Outrageous Service rate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

You have a pm SQ. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #266585 11th Jun 2015 12:00 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

I have mentioned this a few times on various posts.
my LR dealer allows me to supply my own oil, this greatly reduces cost. Mobil 1, Castrol Edge or Magnatec can often be bought in Asda/Tesco etc sometimes even Halfords at less thsn half dealer price.

2008 was last time I paid dealer price at service. They charged
13 units @ £9.45 plus VAT= £141.27.

We had a "discussion" about this. Oil and filter change=5.8 litre so how does 13 units equate I asked, "that's a Parts Dept charge to workshop.
Got a good discount after mentioning Trading Standards/Weights and measures.
Have supplied own oil since. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #266646 11th Jun 2015 10:56 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

'13 units'..... They filled engine to the top! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #266648 11th Jun 2015 11:14 pm
Navigator

Scotland 

'13 units' - they bring the oil through from parts in a paper cup! Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #266655 12th Jun 2015 8:19 am
Reeventu

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

I appreciate that it is a totally different vehicle BUT a friend of mine purchased yesterday a 2 year old VW Polo GT with a 1.4 petrol engine ( 150 BHP ). Quite a nippy car , I was very surprised and impressed

He also took out a 3 year service plan that includes all parts, oil filters , pollen filter etc , and labour plus collection and delivery total cost £479.

The car will be serviced before collection so in effect very little to pay until 2019.

Exclusions only tyres and wiper blades and aircon service ( if required ) at 3 years , cost £75

Makes LR charges look a little high even accepting it is more complicated and takes more oil. I suspect the labour element , time wise , will not be so different !

Post #266663 12th Jun 2015 9:39 am
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

Talking of VW’s an acquaintance of mine has a MY10 Polo and she had the last service done by the main dealer last May, 2014 and was charged £639.00. The poor dear, 94 and still driving and the vehicle has only just done 5K! Talk about being ripped off!!! Thumbs Up

Post #266688 12th Jun 2015 4:19 pm
pete69

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Sumatra Black

Well..it went in, I got it back.
Thought you guys might appreciate the communication so far.

Thank you for your recent visit to Williams Land Rover service department.
As Customer Relations Advisor, I am very keen to ensure our service team have delivered an excellent level of service and that you are completely satisfied.
A true measure of that would be if you are willing to recommend Williams Land Rover.
I would welcome any feedback that you may have on your recent experience to ensure that we continually deliver a service representative of a premium brand.
Alternatively if you have any questions, please let me know so that I can ensure these are addressed for you immediately.
Land Rover may select you at random to complete one of their customer satisfaction surveys. If you are able to complete this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Once again, thank you for your business and thank you for your time in reading this email.

Kind Regards

XXXX XXXX
Customer Relations Advisor
Williams Land Rover
Birchall Way
Hulme
Manchester
M15 6DU
Telephone 0161 232 5000

Dear XXXX

I am happy to report on the level of service your team have delivered.
Vehicle came in for a service and some warranty work.
Putting to one side the charges that amount to double what a motorist would expect to pay for a service of a similar engined vehicle and the fact I was charged an additional insurance fee for your loan car...
Items are:
1) Service, service light came on this morning telling me I need a service.....50 miles after having just supposedly having one.
2) Warranty item 1. Opening and closing of bonnet causes central locking to fail. Tried this the following day after return from repair...exactly the same fault occurs.
3) Warranty item 2. Tail gate occasionally takes several attempts to latch shut, no real difference noticed, or sign of the 'magic' lubrication apparently applied.

So you tell me how excellent the service was....

Regards.

Peter

Post #268984 7th Jul 2015 6:39 pm
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

Laughing Good on you, wonder what reply you will get from them Laughing

Post #268985 7th Jul 2015 6:52 pm
3disco

United Kingdom 

All seems very cheap, hunters of Guildford labour rate for a range rover is £130 +vat an hour! Shocked

Post #268992 7th Jul 2015 10:23 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

I remember being in a BMW workshop a few years back talking to a mechanic changing a rear oil seal on a M3 rear diff.
The seal was £2 but the labour to fit was over £800 due to it being an all day job.
If you dont mine getting your hands dirty you can save a fortune and go on holiday abroad with what youve saved. Thumbs Up

Post #268999 8th Jul 2015 9:39 am
Still Lost in France

France 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

With The top labour rate at CORRE AUTOMOBILES, my local Landrover main agent in Saint Brieuc (Brittany) being 61€ (inc VAT) an hour bring your car over for a holiday and get it serviced at the same time Smile

Post #269004 8th Jul 2015 10:00 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Ah yes I remember its cheaper over there, a friend had his serviced a TOUTS AUTOs in Paris, came back with a few fingers prints on it but what can you expect at that price Thumbs Up

Post #269006 8th Jul 2015 10:09 am
pete69

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Sumatra Black

Thank you for your response and feedback.
You will be contacted today from the Service Advisor regarding these issues.
Kind Regards

XXXX XXXXX

CRM
Williams Land Rover
Birchall Way
Hulme
Manchester
M15 6DU
Telephone 0161 232 5000

nobody called....

Post #269056 8th Jul 2015 10:22 pm
CaptFish

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I do not mind the prices for the service if the work was actually done properly. Unfortunately my experience with a major LR dealer in Glasgow (starts with a T) was not good. Customer service was good, work was very bad. All below undertaken by LR dealer:
1. Brought the car in to fix rubbing tailgate handle which damaged the paint. Took three attempts to fix. Now have scratch marks in the rear window due to the repeated sanding spraying of the area.
2. Had the wheel arch trims replaced, these were fitted back to front.
3. Had a main service, at which the oil was overfilled.
4. Had a broken tailgate switch which was fixed.
5. Had to come back after two weeks when the repaired tailgate switch failed again.
6. Had a main service, at which the oil was overfilled.
7. Had rear brake disk and pads changed. Failed MOT at Kwikfit a week afterwards because the handbrake had not been adjusted correctly and did not hold.
8. Had the handbrake adjusted and a MOT done by LR dealer, just to find that my car would still not hold at a hill when handbrake applied...
9. Had handbrake fixed for third time.

now looking for independant dealer. HAs anybody used Monarch in Dalmarnock. Any recommendations.

Regards
CaptFish

Post #269359 12th Jul 2015 8:57 pm
keikeimok

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Barolo Black

I just had my 3rd service (48000miles/36 months) done last Sat with the main dealer, they asked for 160 quid for replacing the rear brake pads which I refused right away, they also offered fixing my parking sensors for 310 quid on the same day before I told them my car still under extended warranty. They immediately said I need to book for another day..(typical).

I think I will find a reputable individuals from now on.....

their services is going downhill.....don't want to pay for that. Any recommendations around Dartford Bridge?

BTW, my sensors is giving out constant beeps on rainy days... any causes for that??

Cheers. Freelander 2 XS MY 2012, 19" rims, Barolo Black. Privacy glass, spoiler.

Post #270141 20th Jul 2015 4:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>