Home > In Car Electronics > MP3/Bluetooth/GPS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Warren

2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand
MP3/Bluetooth/GPS

Hi,
I am an owner of a 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS. It appears that my car is not able to connect with my Nexus 4, even though through the compatibility site of LR, the phone is fully compatible. I guess that's something I will have to talk to the dealer with. Also from what I could understand there's no mp3 playback support either from cd, or usb port. Only through the aux port.

What I am looking for is for a media player/gps with usb port (or sd card) and full functional steering wheel control I don't care having a dvd player (don't need it), I just want mp3 playback, bluetooth and gps. Do you have anything in mind that will fit my car? Also, if anyone knows, how much will an original navigation pack will cost from LR?

Thanks

Post #268482 1st Jul 2015 6:38 pm
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

Are you sure you have an available slot for phone? Should be able to pair, check if previous owner had filled the slots.
Forget LR sat Nav retrofit, it will cost a small fortune and dvd type has VTech graphics. Try searching on here for Tom Tom retrofit.
Some members have retro fitted Audio and some of us have upgraded to Premium for around £200. Still have to use aux but sound is vastly better. 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #268483 1st Jul 2015 7:26 pm
Warren

Hi Jim, thanks for your response.
It is paired. I have deleted previous entries and my phone is the only one in the slot. It just connects and after a couple of minutes is disconnected (even if the car is idle)! I hope it can be fixed...

A TT retrofit won't really help as I will need an extra mp3 player. If I had to choose between gps and mp3, I would prefer mp3 player. Is there any bt module to upgrade the FL bluetooth with a2dp? That way I could just use my phone when need as gps.

while browsing I found this:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Multimedia-Auto-DVD-Player-Car-GPS-Navigation-Headunit-for-Landrover-Freelander-2/1242887326.html

but ...not sure about it.

Thanks again!

Post #268486 1st Jul 2015 8:24 pm
Jim NI

How about fitting an Android tablet in cubby hole space might be able to connect to aux on back of head unit for MP3? 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)

Post #268487 1st Jul 2015 8:44 pm
Warren

That's not abut idea, but would a tablet handle the continues power from the car? will this not drain my cat battery when car is turned off? what about the heat during during summer time?

I know...too many questions...but I am confused! Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Post #268488 1st Jul 2015 8:48 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I seem to recall either on here or the D3 forum guys have fitted tablets and hard wired them to an ignition switched feed from the fuse box behind the glove box thus avoiding battery drain. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #268499 1st Jul 2015 11:03 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I looked into the tablet idea, there is an android app available that will auto shut down the table when power is turned off and turn back on when power is restored. This will require a switched feed but I have one in the glove box from my Parrot hands free kit.

Post #268506 2nd Jul 2015 8:12 am
Jim NI

Power can be supplied the same way we have done the TT, cigarette lighter type fitting on fly lead piggy backed fuse 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)

Post #268507 2nd Jul 2015 8:12 am
Warren

Hey guys, thanks for your ideas!

RogB must be referring to this thread: http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic13547.html

Tbh it seems very impressive, but I don't think that I will ever be able to pull it off and make it work. I am afraid I ll do more damage to the car than do any good! Smile

Did any of you guys tried it?

I am still looking through internet for some alternative retrofit multimedia replacement kits to have them all in one place (+steering wheel controls), but it seems that we got the wrong car for this kind of "gadgets"! Razz

Post #268542 2nd Jul 2015 4:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1