Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > MY 14/15 activate USB Port!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mallampati

MY 14/15 activate USB Port!?

Hi,

have the basic radio with the small non-touchscreen in my MY 15 and play music via bluetooth from my phone which works ok. some playback issues but that may be caused by spotify, didn't have time to sort this out but not that big of a deal..

My question now is, since I still have an iPod full of music I tried to connect it to my already fitted USB port in the center console to use it for music cause I have much more songs on it.
Unfortunately it wouldn't play any music. It just writes something like 'Freelander...' and 'ready to disconnect'. Same thing with my phone if connected via USB the phone goes into Debug mode but the car won't recognize it.
Looked up in topix the accessory list of my vehicle and it states 'LESS ACCESSORY USB UNIT'.
Just wanted to know if maybe the USB function simply isn't activated since the ipod recognizes the car as an accessory? Or is there also hardware missing then I would just live with bluetooth alone.

Post #268231 28th Jun 2015 2:48 pm
maffy

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Hi there,
I have a 2015 metropolis and the biggest pain is the USB- I just use Bluetooth to play my music via my iPhone, it takes calls etc at the same time.
I found the USB to be very temperamental and complicated.
Just go via Bluetooth and don't worry about it.
Thanks Hit it he said, Hit it!--So I hit it, then he hit me---Doh!

Post #268313 30th Jun 2015 8:02 am
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

I use I micro USB (32g) in my metropolis without any problem. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #268314 30th Jun 2015 8:25 am
maffy

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

OK, That's interesting, all I gotta do now is transfer all my music to a Micro thingy!!!
Don't use ITunes, so any idea's how I would do it? Hit it he said, Hit it!--So I hit it, then he hit me---Doh!

Post #268331 30th Jun 2015 1:26 pm
Deano64

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
Re: MY 14/15 activate USB Port!?

mallampati wrote:
Hi,

have the basic radio with the small non-touchscreen in my MY 15 and play music via bluetooth from my phone which works ok. some playback issues but that may be caused by spotify, didn't have time to sort this out but not that big of a deal..

My question now is, since I still have an iPod full of music I tried to connect it to my already fitted USB port in the center console to use it for music cause I have much more songs on it.
Unfortunately it wouldn't play any music. It just writes something like 'Freelander...' and 'ready to disconnect'. Same thing with my phone if connected via USB the phone goes into Debug mode but the car won't recognize it.
Looked up in topix the accessory list of my vehicle and it states 'LESS ACCESSORY USB UNIT'.
Just wanted to know if maybe the USB function simply isn't activated since the ipod recognizes the car as an accessory? Or is there also hardware missing then I would just live with bluetooth alone.

How old is the Ipod ?. I have a few Ipods and my 160gB Ipod classic is OK but an older 30gB Ipod video doesn't work

Post #268346 30th Jun 2015 3:48 pm
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

If all your music is in a folder then into sub folders (ie artists) just copy and paste , I transferred all of my music at once , about 30g , it did take a few hours , then I took the artists I didn't want off the micro USB . Granted the car hasn't got the best search facility , will to be honest it's Censored . When you search for an artist you can only search by the first letter . That's great for zz top but pretty Censored for bands with regular first names like deep purple , a lot of bands have names starting with D. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #268347 30th Jun 2015 3:49 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green
Re: MY 14/15 activate USB Port!?

mallampati wrote:

I think it's because the low line system only recognises USB. In the Meridian System a separate input, via USB input appears and recognises music/iPod/iPhone etc input via the USB input. In my case is gives me a choice, via the touch screen, to select my iPhone via the USB rather than "USB" input soft button. It will be a software issue so I'm afraid you will not be able to play your
iPod via this input. MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)