Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Car ramps, ect,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Malc65

United Kingdom 
Car ramps, ect,

Hi' all.
Can anyone recommend extra wide/long car ramps suitable for my nearly new freelander2.
Don't fancy driving up a near vertical incline to put my new baby onto a set of ramps!
Also, is a pair of ramps rated at 1 ton each adequate enough?
By the way once it's on the ramps. I'm going to go to town with my compressor a Shultz gun and 10 tins of Schultz pro range
Any thoughts as to where it should or shouldn't go, also is it worth buying rubber bungs then drilling members and spraying inside them?
Thanks in anticipation chaps.
Cheers, Malc.

Post #264678 24th May 2015 8:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Can't recommend these, but they do look like a nice alternative to the metal ones

Post #264686 24th May 2015 9:10 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red
Re: Car ramps, ect,

Malc65 wrote:
Hi' all.
Can anyone recommend extra wide/long car ramps suitable for my nearly new freelander2.
Don't fancy driving up a near vertical incline to put my new baby onto a set of ramps!
Also, is a pair of ramps rated at 1 ton each adequate enough?
By the way once it's on the ramps. I'm going to go to town with my compressor a Shultz gun and 10 tins of Schultz pro range
Any thoughts as to where it should or shouldn't go, also is it worth buying rubber bungs then drilling members and spraying inside them?
Thanks in anticipation chaps.
Cheers, Malc.

How long do you intend to keep it ?

If its not more than 10 years then I would not bother. UK spec cars have pretty good underbody protection these days. Jules

Post #264730 25th May 2015 10:24 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Having said that I do waxoyl bolts and nuts that I see when Im under the car but nothing else. Jules

Post #264731 25th May 2015 10:26 am
Tinytim

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

We have a set of these ramps, which are melco cr/4 and have a good wide platform unlike some of the ramps you can get.
http://www.difflock.com/tools-diagnostics/...ramps-pair

If you dont like traditional ramps they do make a longer, shallower rise set which are the cr/3. Another option are the hydraulic ramps where you drive on flat and pump them up to height but they are a bit pricey.

For spraying nside cavities would you not need something thinner like waxoyl or dinitrol to ensure better coverage.

Post #264754 25th May 2015 12:19 pm
ricky64

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Iv just been looking at upgrading my ramps and whilst googling i dropped on a place 3 miles from me that rent out 4 poster ramps for the DIYer, £15 an hour or £50 a day.
Not going to bother buying any better ramps now as id rather use their facilities, warm, dry and comfortable to use, what more could an ageing landrover owner want Smile

Post #264837 26th May 2015 9:14 am
Malc65

United Kingdom 

Hi' Chaps.
Just returned from a Week in Llandudno, great 1st run for my new freelie.
Thanks for all the comments.
As regards to underseal! "Yes" I would have thought that the factory applied underseal these days should be pretty good, but when I removed the rear bumper from my previous 2008 freelie in order to remove the towbar. I was surprised to see quite a bit of surface rusting on and around the the body panels joints creases and welds. Certainly enough to warrant a splash of Shultzs when I remove the bumper on my new car in order to refit my towbar.
Kind regards, Malc.

Post #265060 28th May 2015 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lukev01

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

If you want to underseal your car, the best recommendation I can give is to use another of Martin's site Defender2.net and contact Zagato.

He did my Defender and is even used by professional outfits, although he is not in the trade.

His work universally gets top reviews and having met him, he is a top bloke too! The attention to detail is second to none. Get his contact details from the sticky on corrosion prevention and go from there. He is based just south of Reigate in Surrey but I have known people travel from across the country to get their pride and joy done by him.

Cheers

Luke

Post #265082 28th May 2015 8:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1