Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Welcome to Freel2.com - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 204 of 335 <123 ... 203204205 ... 333334335>
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

Hi 'onthego',
Worth removing the side panels forward of the gear lever, the Aircon drain runs down there although leaks normally appear into the drivers side well it has been known to affect the passenger side also especially if the pipework has been disturbed.

Post #263272 10th May 2015 10:28 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

onthego wrote:
Hi All

As a newbie I would like to say hello to you all and ask if anyone has had any problems with water leaking into the front passenger foot well.
I have had the FL2 since January this year 57 plate black with HST kit super spec as it's HSE well pleased with it apart from this leak.
I have had a new seal fitted around the door jam but still it comes in.
I have had a hose pipe all over the roof, down the edges of the sun roof along the doors down the wind screen etc etc
Last week in Norfolf I lockedhttp://www.freel2.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif the keys in the boot and had to leave it overnight at the golf club, it was pouring with rain for most of the night and as windy as it could be in Norfolk, when checked it was as dry as a stick Crying or Very sad
Any thoughts please it's driving me in sane.

Thanks

I had this on mine last year, was a blocked air con drain pipe. Also could not use the blowers on heat as the car would steam up completely within minutes. Both front carpets were swimming with water permanently.

You need to remove (or have the garage remove) the centre console panels down in the front footwells and that will give you access to the drain pipe. I didnt clear mine as it was under warranty but Im led to believe its a fairly simple job.

Post #263360 11th May 2015 8:00 am
skargl

Austria 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi All,

just bought a FL2/LR2 last monday (10/2007, S with some extras, 112.000 kilometers, auto).

Very nice car Smile

Stefan

Post #263423 11th May 2015 2:32 pm
ken707

United Kingdom 

Hi Folks,

I'm from Northern Ireland and have just bought a 2013 GS Auto in firenze red off Autotrader. Noticed the ad last Thursday morning near Birmingham, got a friend to look at it and bought it that afternoon. I've never even driven one yet but we have an old Disco for farm use and like the elevated driving position.

I'd been casually looking for one for a while and called in at Listers in Droitwich in March but they hadn't anything suitable in stock (mid range auto) The salesman took contact details but never followed it up....opportunity missed as my relatives are customers and recommended them.

I've been driving a 1.9 Tdi Octavia for the past 5 years, never really liked it apart from the the fact that economy has averaged 53 to 60 mpg ( once got 65 mpg on a run from Birkenhead to Dover, luckily no traffic problems) and it's been reasonably reliable. I just fancied a change. It's now going to stay in the midlands as we prefer your weather and fly over frequently.

I guess I'm in for a shock on the economy front, just hope it's going to be reliable! Hoping to collect it later in the week.

Ken

Post #263435 11th May 2015 3:41 pm
RogB

welcome to Freelander ownership, Very Happy

ive also owned a Disco in the past, as have quite a few on here. The leap in economy will be VERY noticable, and unless your going to be doing some hard core mud plugging then off road they are extremely capable once you get used to how the terrain response and other gizmos operate. Also the Freelander will probably feel bigger inside that a Disco 1 or 2, although you dont sit as high up.

As for reliability, then its just like any other 'normal' car. There are common faults, which are listed all over this forum, but compared to the numbers sold these faults are relatively rare. Basically they are as reliable as any other car in Tesco car park.

Post #263493 12th May 2015 8:01 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

ken707 wrote:
Hi Folks,
The salesman took contact details but never followed it up....
Ken

This seems to be a general trend in the automotive industry, the sales people are not proactive, my wife dropped into a local Ford dealer recently and said she was thinking of changing her car. The guy took lots of details and said he would look out for something as the new registrations were just coming out so lots of trade ins etc. He never called back. I never get a call from my LR dealer or any other dealer I have ever visited. Do other people experience this?
Different market perhaps but by comparison my son bought a Porsche and they are often calling him about customer events, reminder calls about MOT, servicing, special offers on tyres etc. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #263519 12th May 2015 10:19 am
RogB

''Different market perhaps but by comparison my son bought a Porsche and they are often calling him about customer events, reminder calls about MOT, servicing, special offers on tyres etc.''

I often get marketing paperwork, event invites and newletters from Gordon Lamb LR in Chesterfield. I bought my first FL2 from them in 2011, which I only kept a year, but nothing since. In fact I am going on their Drive/Dine event this Saturday.

Both my kids bought their cars from Pentagon Vauxhall and get marketing, sales event invites etc on a regular basis.

Post #263523 12th May 2015 11:00 am
alans835

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Hello

I have or rather am getting a Freelander 2 Sport in fiji white in 2 weeks unfortunantly it wasn't ready for pick up before i went back to work so will need to wait 2 weeks now till i get back!! Thud

Post #263682 14th May 2015 1:19 am
RogB

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Best looking model in the range in my opinion, you will get on well with LRNUT on here who a 'slightly' modified dynamic model in Fuji white

Post #263691 14th May 2015 7:56 am
Bogart

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi

Decided to join as I am possibly going to buy a Freelander hopefully up to about 2012. I need one to tow a van weighing around 1600kg. Have heard the auto is better at towing so looking in that direction. The direct competition is a Volvo XC60. Having been a lifelong user of Volvo luggers the FL2 will have to be good to persuade me to change.

Post #264357 20th May 2015 9:44 pm
wildebed

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

hi back

Post #264458 21st May 2015 9:31 pm
BV

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Hi all. Just joined.

Post #264500 22nd May 2015 10:02 am
Ayjayh

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Ipanema Sand
MY - Model Year

Hi, i'm pretty new here. It took me a while to find out that MY was a reference to Model Year. My HSE Lux was first registered in September 2013. Does this make it MY13, or could it be something else, e.g MY12 or MY14? How can I tell?

Post #264646 24th May 2015 2:34 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Mine has a build date of 23rd October 2013 and is shown as MY13 on TOPIX - Click Here

You will need to register - free - and enter your VIN. Once that is done you will see in the top right hand corner your build details.

Have an explore of topix - it will tell you how you car was equipped when it left the factory and provides handbooks, accessory fitting instructions and a whole raft of paid for technical content.

Post #264649 24th May 2015 2:52 pm
bill 2

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi, i'am bill 2 from Cleveland ,I've owned my freelander 2 GS for three weeks now , and I already have a few Mod's in mind thanks to this forum .

Post #264653 24th May 2015 3:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 204 of 335 <123 ... 203204205 ... 333334335>