Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > The end is nigh......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Another VW recall: Polo https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1070541 Hope their other models don't have the same issues.

'On affected vehicles, the pulley on the camshaft adjuster can break. If the camshaft adjuster fails the belt drive of the engine may also be damaged.'

'If the defect occurs, this can lead to oil loss and in the worst case scenario the engine will no longer be timed correctly and valves may contact the pistons. This may pose an accident hazard to the driver or other road users.' Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Last edited by Lightwater on 4th May 2015 10:56 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #262673 4th May 2015 7:33 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 
Re: The end is nigh......

GTK wrote:
Went to look at the Disco Sport and got an insulting offer as a part chop, so tomorrow pick up my brand new Tiguan R Line 177 DSG.

That may be something to do with there being no discounts or manufacture incentives to play with to subsidise the trade in offering; VW dealers probably have more room for manoeuvre.

Having said that, I have only just paid my deposit to upgrade my own September 2012, 22,000 mile old, Freelander to something a little more "Land Rovery" (!) and found that the PX offers varied wildly from one dealer to another. For instance, with a delivery scheduled for the 1st of September (there's at least a 3 month wait for them), my local dealer offered me a figure for now, but never bothered to came back on a commitment to its value in 4 months and another 9,000 miles. They simply wanted me to sign the order and accept whatever offer they made at the time. Comedians! Laughing

The next dealer along offered me £3,000 more than my nearest dealer, against exactly the same new car, for the FL2 underwritten for September - with up to 32,000 miles showing Thumbs Up Guess where I placed the order!

I've had varied dealer experiences too, though usually in the Sales Departments (varying from "pretty good", to "utterly dire"), while the service departments have normally been pretty good - though always infinitely better than going to the regular Ford, Vauxhall, Peugeot & Citroen service departments Censored Not sure where VW fit in.

Though regular cars aren't my thing, I wish you well with the Tiguan and hope it serves you well Thumbs Up

Last edited by Tigger on 4th May 2015 9:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #262677 4th May 2015 8:26 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Talking of VW. One of my sons has a Porsche 911 as a second car and last week he asked me if I would take it for it's MOT. It's the first time I had really driven it apart from a short run on a quiet road a few months ago. This time it was a 60 mile round trip along a variety of country roads and dual carriageways. Apart from the handling and performance which is awesome (with the auto PDK gearbox) the ride was bumpy, there was lots of noise from the engine and from the huge 305/30 back tyres and hardly any space to put the shopping in when we stopped at Sainsbury's.
What a relief to get back in the Freelander, nice ride, quiet, roomy etc etc. you know what I mean. Very Happy

ps be warned, if you ever try this sort of thing and come to a roundabout and try to "nip out" (as you would in an FL2) you will find that you can easily run into the back of somebody that has just gone past you. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #262687 4th May 2015 10:04 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Freelander> Petrol> Roundabouts> All other manufactures> No contest!

I haven't actually timed the Freelander with a stop watch, but I think it's quicker than what LR advertises.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57606/201...d-off-road

'While Land Rover’s official figure for the 0-100kmh sprint is a respectable 8.8 seconds, it feels quicker than that. We timed it for several runs using our stopwatch and it cracked the 100kmh mark in just 7.96 seconds. Consistently.'

'Maximum torque comes in at just 1750rpm, making it almost diesel-like in its delivery.'

I have to agree with this, I don't understand why this Ford engine has not been used in so many other vehicles. I have a brilliant auto http://www.atraonline.com/gears/2008/2008-08/2008_8_6.pdf One has all the advantages of a DSG but without it's city start stop problems, or off road hill climbs for that matter. I really don't understand why manufactures even bother with DSG. It was actually one of the key reasons why I avoided an auto VW. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #262690 4th May 2015 11:27 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I tend to ignore the trip computer average MPG. I just leave it on range and see how many miles I get to the tank. Currently getting around 450-490 miles from brimful to 30 mile range warning.

Im happy with that Thumbs Up

Tiguan are nice motors, but to me they are just a car on steroids and blend into all the other cars on steroids. The current LR range (not including the DS) are instantly recognisable and look like a 4x4, which for me is how it should be.

Post #262755 5th May 2015 8:27 am
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

That's exactly how I felt and why there's a Freelander 2 parked in my garage! Maybe that's why I'm not taking a shine to the DS! It's interesting when a FL2 and DS are side by side. Quite a noticeable difference in presence, FL2 much more distinct and larger even though DS wider/longer. And there's not much you can do about the approach and departure angles on DS which is a real indication of where they are aiming! MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #262758 5th May 2015 8:39 am
LR2inTheUSA

United States 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Good luck with your Tiguan! Definitely one of the nicer small utes out there. Thumbs Up Wait...you get 17in steel wheel options, diesel engines, manual transmissions, cloth seats, optional sunroofs and G4 kit! Censored

Post #262958 6th May 2015 11:50 pm
gDallasK

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

RogB wrote:
I tend to ignore the trip computer average MPG. I just leave it on range and see how many miles I get to the tank. Currently getting around 450-490 miles from brimful to 30 mile range warning.

Im happy with that Thumbs Up

Swapped my '11 TD4 GS Manual for a '14 SD4 XS Auto. I used to get around 38 mpg in the GS. Just done a round trip of around 180 miles on mixed city / rural / motorway roads in the XS. Got 38.1 mpg. Very satisfied with that. The map is not the territory

2011 TD4 GS Manual - Gone
2014 SD4 XS Auto - Gone
2018 Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic 180 AWD

Post #263234 9th May 2015 9:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12