Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What did you do in your FL2 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 25 of 133 <123 ... 242526 ... 131132133>
Print this entire topic · 
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Stopped by my local dealers in Coventry and borrowed their DS HSE Lux for an hour......getting back in the Freelander makes you realise how sluggish the same DW12 engine is compared to the software running on the 9 Speed box in the DS. I'm still in the undecided bracket at present, but need to make a decision by October one way or another..... Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #253470 16th Feb 2015 9:50 pm
CJB

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black
MPG

Had my SH TD4 2 weeks now .. first week only got 30mpg average, driving it round town like I did my Focus 1.6 petrol. After I had CPR I refilled to full and reset trip to zero then went to see Thomas the tank engine at KESR Tenterden, Kent this weekend.
By treating the accelerator like it was made of tissue paper I got 42mpg average,
is this how I got to drive from now on to get anywhere near 'official figures' ? Yawn

Not only that.. Charlie the Clown took the Mickey out of my woolly hat... what a gay day. Rolling with laughter

seriously tho .. what do you guys get on average .. best and worst ?

Post #253480 16th Feb 2015 10:25 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Booked into my local bodyshop to have the sills and front/rear vallances colour coded, along with the D pillars and tailgate handle, just need to buy the spoiler before it goes in so that gets done at the same time.

Oh and got a genuine clear high level brake light delivered so just need 15 mins spare to fit it now Very Happy

Post #253516 17th Feb 2015 9:43 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Found I had a flat battery!

Yesterday, actually. Went to start the car for a drive to Stansted to meet an incoming flight. On pressing the start button, panel lights dimmed, Warnings: "HDC fault", followed by "Transmission fault", hazard indicators flashed slowly, clicking from under the bonnet (not the starter). Couldn't switch it off, key fob would not come out. Eventually opened the bonnet and disconnected the battery earth which stopped everything. (NB: I always keep a 10mm spanner in the glove box)

Noticed a slight electrical burning smell in area of air filter box. Spoke on phone to Duckworths. Stewart advised likely flat battery, but concern about the electrical smell.

Put battery on charge with my C-tek C5 charger through my 13-pin tow socket connector. After waiting some 45 minutes, the engine started. Burning smell did not reappear. Should I be concerned about this?

The 200 mile round trip to Stansted sorted the battery recharge.

Why was the battery flat? Thinking back, the night before, I took a phone call whilst parking the car. It was a poor connection so resumed the call after I turned the engine off, forgetting I had been connected via Bluetooth. It was the BT connection staying live that had flattened the battery!

Thought it may be useful to post this to remind you all to disconnect BT calls before shutting the engine down!

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #253617 17th Feb 2015 8:07 pm
gingerlord

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Indus Silver

Got married on Saturday!

Click image to enlarge

Post #254415 23rd Feb 2015 12:36 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Let me be first to say Congratulations! Thumbs Up 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #254416 23rd Feb 2015 12:40 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

2nd.. Thumbs Up

Oh, fitted my bootlight mod.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #254417 23rd Feb 2015 12:41 am
Offshore1987

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

Nice one Gingerlord Thumbs Up

Went for a drive yesterday all over and down some lanes for a sunday drive in the rain, had a random smell in the cab not sure if it was just a burning kind of smell we drove through or a problem under the bonnet ( will look later ) Also why when ever I put the air recirculation on so it takes the air from in the cab does it turn its self off after a short while, is this ment to happen? On all other cars if you tell it to take air from inside the cab it does until you turn it off, but mine seems to turn its self off and then takes air from outside again Question ( the flap moves as you can see it all working from under the bonnet ) Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #254453 23rd Feb 2015 12:37 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

congratulations Gingerlord, though hopefully you are not reading this and spending time with the new wife on honeymoon Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Last edited by npinks on 23rd Feb 2015 9:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #254457 23rd Feb 2015 1:05 pm
Winslet

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Gingerlord.

Offshore1987, the recirculate button is meant to do that, I think to prevent moisture build up in the air. On the MY2013 cars onward, and maybe earlier, a 'double press' of the button will keep it on all the time.

In keeping with the thread title, only to work and back, but nicer now that is lighter in the morning when I leave. 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #254521 23rd Feb 2015 9:13 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Offshore1987 wrote:
Also why when ever I put the air recirculation on so it takes the air from in the cab does it turn its self off after a short while, is this ment to happen?

If I press the button briefly (normally) It recirculates the air and then reopens air recirculation after 4 minutes. If I press the button for 2 seconds, a light on the button blinks, and the outside air is closed.

But I HAVE to press the button for 2 seconds EVERY TIME I start the engine to close off the air for the remainder or the trip. It's a pain in the neck as I always use the AC to dry the air regardless of whether it is summer or winter.

I sometime forget to press the button only to be reminded by the poisonous petrol and carcinogenic diesel exhaust from Sydney's traffic jambs.

My previous cars each had AC & I could permanently, in other words FOREVER, close off the outside air and avoid being slowly killed! As far as I am concerned, the occupational heath and safety risks of exhaust outweigh the stale air in the car. The car is not hermetically sealed by any stretch of the imagination. These days it is easy to open a window. Previously, by hand, yes the cars were that old, I wound the window down if I felt the need for fresh air.

I have thought of sealing off the outside air permanently with plastic, but with all the electronic gadgets in these new cars it will probably have a coronary and cost me a fortune in rehabilitation!

I know I am an old dinosaur, tautology intended, but continually having to press buttons is not far advanced from the Trilobite age. Venting my spleen, feels better! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #254562 24th Feb 2015 3:46 am
Offshore1987

Thank you Winslet + Lightwater I did not know of this but will give it a try next time I did Thumbs Up

I am like you to Lighterwater 95% of the time I have the aircon ON, don't see the point oh having it and not using it

Maybe its another reason to get a high spec, as I think they auto shut off the outside air if it is abit ify? Via some kind of air sensor somewhere ( but greatful to know how to shut off the outside air now as it was starting to annoy me somewhat as I thought it was being a crafty Censored Laughing )

Cheers Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #254594 24th Feb 2015 12:43 pm
outnabout2005

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Barolo Black

Fitted some new number plates while waiting for a Bluefin chip handset to arrive. Then chipped the ECU after the courier had been. Simple and quick if you exclude the time it takes to earn the cash to by the chuffing thing!. Did put a smile on my face though on a short test run. Thumbs Up

'57 FL2 Td4 HSE, 135k, purch Nov '14
So far: Osram nightbreakers, new mats, gear shift knob, battery, 2nd earth strap, bonnet strut, new plates, Bluefin ECU remap
To Do: Heated screen fault, possible glo-plug fault, brakes and discs, alloy refurb, after market fixed sat nav

Post #254618 24th Feb 2015 3:58 pm
Tradewind 35

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Out and about in Cornwall - stopped for a pasty and a photo opportunity - my what a handsome vehicle -
Freely2 is perfect for narrow Cornish Lanes and hills.
It took me ages with Photoshop to get that mud effect applied to the tyres.....

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #254777 25th Feb 2015 7:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Offshore1987

She sure does look nice in the Buckingham blue ( least it looks like it ^ ) good muddy and shines up lovely with some polish Thumbs Up Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #254907 26th Feb 2015 1:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 25 of 133 <123 ... 242526 ... 131132133>