Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Parrot CK3100 into a 2007 FL2 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Digger76

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Parrot CK3100 into a 2007 FL2 ?

Has anyone successfully fitted a parrot CK3100 into a 2007 FL2 with a Premium Radio 6CDX Alpine system?
The power amp is in the rear offside quarter under the Bluetooth module which will not pair with any of the 5 Samsung/Nokia phones I've tried. Fitted an identical module but that won't pair either. Put it down to wrong phones or wrong OS version according to the LR compatibility list.
So I bought a 2nd hand Ck3100L from a 1999 Freelander 1, and a CK3100N. The Parrot module is the same for both but the wiring is very different on each.
The "L" version is fitted with what I think are called "quadlocks" and probably connected directly to whatever standard radio was in the FL1.
Apparently the "N" version is the newer of the two and has all the bits shown in the available diagrams on the net, but needs an adapter to suit the system on your motor. I bought an 082 adapter thinking it would be a doddle to fit.
Once I had everything apart it was obvious the adapter wouldn't be suitable, since only 2 of the 5 connectors had somewhere to go.
The power amp is in the boot, so I'm guessing long cables with different connectors are needed.

Any ideas for correct adapters or shall I stick to my Supertooth Buddy?

Post #253029 13th Feb 2015 9:45 pm
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

My FL2 works great with my iPhone.

Post #253030 13th Feb 2015 9:54 pm
Billsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Tonga Green

The parrot usually just connects inline with the head unit.
Never had to touch the amp?

The cables should be iso and only a patch lead for steering wheel controls should be needed.

Post #253037 13th Feb 2015 10:47 pm
Digger76

RichP, you're one of the lucky ones.
If your phone is on the LR compatibility list AND it has the OS build that the list quotes, then it should work.
My wifes Galaxy S2 is on the list but it has a different build version so does not work. My Ace3 and S3 mini are not even listed.

Billsy, I've got a Premium Highline with the amp in the boot. Can't find any speaker connections behind the head unit.
All thats up front is the radio module, the 6 cd deck and the satnav. All audio seems to run round the fibre optic MOST buss.
Not sure that the connectors on this Premium system are ISO but even so, some sort of adapter is needed to hook up them up to the ones on the Parrot, and that is what I need info on.

Post #253045 13th Feb 2015 11:20 pm
Billsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Tonga Green

Parrot website says it's a no go sorry.

There is no installation solution for this vehicle and the selected Parrot product

Post #253066 14th Feb 2015 8:40 am
Digger76

Hello Billsy, Parrot website is difficult to use and useless anyway.
Shopping around I found a possible solution, but it involves a lot of dosh and a great deal of faffing about.
Using an adapter cable for an X-type Jag to convert the LR OEM connectors to ISO (£25), then a 5m extention cable to connect the amp in the boot (£30), then I think some interface to join the steering wheel controls to the rest of the gubbins, and if I wanted to have voice through all speakers not just the front, it would need a fibre optic MOST buss adapter cable as well.

Since the Parrot only cost me £40, is it worth all this extra expense. I think not.

It would be cheaper to buy a phone on the LR compatibility list.

I had thoughts of fitting a separate speaker into the dash above the satnav, and driving that with a small amp or possibly directly from the Parrot system? A project for the future perhaps?

For now I'm going to continue with the excellent Supertooth Buddy, no caller display but I just have to remember to switch it on and recharge the battery occasionally.

Post #253100 14th Feb 2015 12:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1