Home > My Freelander 2 > The Land Rover Effect
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Re: The Land Rover Effect

Chuckalicious wrote:
It has had more problems than all our other cars combined, but, I still smile every time I get in and every time Inset off. I would not swap it for the world.

That is normal behaviour for those who are LRL - Land Rover Loyal Thumbs Up

We've had LRs in the family since the 50's. On our family farm they replaced our horses and the passion and love for them have been in our family ever since! Very Happy

In the early days Land Rover's were plauged with problems and as the years advanced so did the technology. They were miles ahead at times with the electrical toys in the classic Range Rover which even some saloons did not have at the time let alone a big 4x4.

If it had not been for brand loyalty and people like us (LRL) pumping money into the Rover Group then Land Rover would not exist! Its only in the last decade that LR has got much better realiability after Tata took over and the taxpayers bailed them out Laughing

Sadly today well live in a society where eveything has to be perfect and I'm not taking about indentical panel gaps Rolling with laughter

Brand new houses are not perfect nor are Aston Martins! Yesterday I was behind a lady in Tesco's who was complaining that the aluminum brushed kettle had some light marks Shocked Its a kettle FFS! All cars have problems /niggles just look on any car forum Yawn Sadly there does not seem to be many topics praising cars Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #247816 6th Jan 2015 9:59 am
DrRpb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

I've been around LRs for 40 years and done all sorts of club off road trials etc.
All the clubs get together annually. Come along for the weekend or just the day. No charge for day visits.
http://www.alrcnational2015.co.uk/event-2015.html
Join your local LR club too Thumbs Up
See you in the beer tent at Eastnor Thumbs Up * GONE. GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* GONE.2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Rocket ship. 33mpg.
* Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975 Smile

Post #247819 6th Jan 2015 10:09 am
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

If I wasn't so useless with technology is post a picture of Eva tonight... The only thing that is clean is the number plate! We've just got back in after leaving the house at 8 this morning. We've done farms, fields and even a dual carriage way today. Lol!
I'm chuffed with Eva but must admit also I do struggle a bit with the RRE image... Often if people ask me what I drive I say simply "a land rover"... Oh and hence why I still hang out on here!!

EY...
No luck on a replacement.... Thinking of advertising on here.... What will the mods say though if I post
"Crazy LR loving Vet seeks similar LR loving Boyf?"

Thumbs Up

Post #248000 7th Jan 2015 12:56 am
EYorkshire

Quote:
EY...
No luck on a replacement.... Thinking of advertising on here.... What will the mods say though if I post

I'm sure they wouldn't mind MM but if successful not sure how you would make a Forum donation Laughing

Post #248041 7th Jan 2015 1:51 pm
taztastic

England 

MightyMildred wrote:

Thumbs Up

Go for it Laughing

Post #248042 7th Jan 2015 2:27 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

cqr wrote:
Every time I press that button I grin

It's never failed me yet but every time I press the button I wonder if it's going to start Smile

Actually just come back from a round trip from Dorset to Canterbury, trunk roads plus motorways (65mph ish) plus local travel. 420 miles overall 46mpg . can't be bad

Post #248075 7th Jan 2015 7:14 pm
andy3681

United Kingdom 

Dorsetfreelander wrote "every time I push the button I wonder if it's going to start"
Wait until you have a Landrover with a heated steering wheel, it's there but dare you turn it on?????
Forums like this show that Landrover despite the problems have a number of people who like the marque and will put up with all sorts of "niggles" and despite sense being to buy a reliable vehicle still come back for more, maybe in the hope the next one will be ok.
I walked away from years of Landrovers in disgust a while ago having rejected a Freelander 1. Then bought a Rangerover and now thinking of a Freelander, there must be some help available for the condition!

Post #248094 7th Jan 2015 8:33 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Absolutely right, I used to own Citroens in the 90's when they were interesting and innovative cars (hydraulic and active suspension , steerable headlights etc) then they got bought out by Peugeot and turned into a boring commodity supplier. At the time I had three Citroen XM company cars - I would never have had the nerve to own one myself and even the Citroen dealers were scared of them. For the last 12 years I have bought LandRovers with my own money but always have that feeling of insecurity - there must be a cure for this. Sad

Post #248106 7th Jan 2015 9:41 pm
j77

Scotland 

Never had a feeling of insecurity owning a Land Rover, my very first was a D3 and it was the only one to let me down, should've put me off but didn't, moved to the Fl2. Now awaiting LR No.7

Click image to enlarge

Photos not in order. It's -

D3
Fl2 silver GS
Fl2 White GS
Evoque Pure
Fl2 Mauritius Blue XS
D4 Siberian Silver GS 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #248558 11th Jan 2015 6:11 pm
JB19

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

its a pain in the butt British car with wee bits that fall off or fail...... but we own 2 that's just about says it all JB19

Post #248566 11th Jan 2015 7:25 pm
Greybeard

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Had an LR of one sort or another for over 30 years. Had a Classic for 14 of those. FL2 for the last 5 years and it's the best yet! I love it I think because you know whatever the weather or whatever the road throws at you, it will always cope. Brilliant.

Post #248569 11th Jan 2015 7:43 pm
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

My first was a RR in 1984, brand spanking new. I loved the vehicle but the problems it had, number plates falling off, seats falling to bits, radiator replaced etc...... Kept it a couple of years to impress my girlfriend who loved to drive it, but once married moved over to more reliable BMW and vowed would never buy LR again!

Wait............. the new Discovery, purchased the first 5 door the dealer had in H reg, 1990, then had J, L, N, Y, 56 until they went auto only.

Now had a FL2 XS 10 for 3 years and hope to be getting a replacement before they fade into memory. RIP Evil or Very Mad [/s]

Post #248576 11th Jan 2015 8:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12