« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Another Freelander2 Owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Fishy

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Another Freelander2 Owner

Hi to my fellow Freelander 2 owners out there. I purchased a HSE i6 stornaway grey with black leather, the premium pack and sunroof about 6 weeks ago. Absolutely love the car, the drive, the feel and the comfort it has, oh and keyless start is pretty cool Thumbs Up

My only gripes so far are the fuel economy (av about 14-15L/100km) and the low specs of the stereo. I was hoping for the price and market pitch as a luxury vehicle it would have come with an upmarket LCD entertainment unit with GPS and bluetooth as standard in the HSE. After all this is becoming pretty much standard in most mid to upper market vehicles in 2008.

I havent seen many Freelander 2s on the road (which im liking as i get a few looks from other people as i drive around, hopefully admiring the car Razz ) was wondering if there are many Freelander 2 owners out there and what their experiences are so far.

cheers

Post #23459 3rd Jul 2008 7:44 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Another Freelander2 Owner

Fishy wrote:
Hi to my fellow Freelander 2 owners out there. I purchased a HSE i6 stornaway grey with black leather, the premium pack and sunroof about 6 weeks ago. Absolutely love the car, the drive, the feel and the comfort it has, oh and keyless start is pretty cool Thumbs Up

My only gripes so far are the fuel economy (av about 14-15L/100km) and the low specs of the stereo. I was hoping for the price and market pitch as a luxury vehicle it would have come with an upmarket LCD entertainment unit with GPS and bluetooth as standard in the HSE. After all this is becoming pretty much standard in most mid to upper market vehicles in 2008.

I havent seen many Freelander 2s on the road (which im liking as i get a few looks from other people as i drive around, hopefully admiring the car Razz ) was wondering if there are many Freelander 2 owners out there and what their experiences are so far.

cheers

G'Day Fishy, and welcome Thumbs Up - seems to be 15 more Aussie forum members according to the Members Map, but not sure how active they are. Enjoy your new drive, I am sure you will as most of us other forum members do Thumbs Up . 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23460 3rd Jul 2008 7:53 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

That's odd the uk spec HSE comes with sat nav and bluetooth as standard.

Post #23462 3rd Jul 2008 8:06 am
AndyC

snappa wrote:
That's odd the uk spec HSE comes with sat nav and bluetooth as standard.

All countries have their different spec's. The HSE in Norway does not come with sat nav and bluetooth - these have to be ordered extra but are included in different packages for example in the 2007 Premium Pack which is now called the Exclusive Pack for 2008. Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23467 3rd Jul 2008 8:16 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
[ Exclusive Pack for 2008. Rolling Eyes

Imagine you cant get that pack on a grey , as they are not exactly exclusive are they ? Rolling with laughter At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #23472 3rd Jul 2008 8:29 am
AndyC

chicken george wrote:
AndyC wrote:
[ Exclusive Pack for 2008. Rolling Eyes

Imagine you cant get that pack on a grey , as they are not exactly exclusive are they ? Rolling with laughter
Off Topic 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #23480 3rd Jul 2008 9:07 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Off Topic CG again Exclamation (you have a pm too)

Welcome fishy

Nice car, glad to hear you pleased with it Thumbs Up

I know what you mean about the sound system, I wish we had a LCD HDD system, but we don't even get that sort of thing in a RRS or FFRR Sad One of the guys on RRSport just got a VAG Toereg and he has a LCD screen that you can down load movies, Mp3 ect Now if we had something like that i would be well pleased.

I think as has been said there are a few members your way, you could alway PM a few that a closer to you to see if they have any advice/tip for you Very Happy Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #23482 3rd Jul 2008 9:30 am
atelier

I got a grey si6 HSE down in Melbourne, I bought it in December last year, it's a good car and i've been off road for several times and I can tell it's very very good.

But the reliability is still in doubt. When my car had first service last month, dealer told me there is an oil leak and they are trying to contact Land Rover Australia for approvel & confirmation, i am still waiting for the repairing. Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE i6

Post #23825 7th Jul 2008 11:13 am
Dorko

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Was the oil leak, due to you hitting so rock or something?

Or just one of those weird leaks?

Dorko

Post #23865 7th Jul 2008 2:23 pm
Fishy

hey snappa

with your UK HSE is the radio/cd unit the same and the sat nav with blue tooth integrated into the dash above it?

In Oz the sat nav and blue tooth comes as part of the Tech Pack which also comes with 13.2 surround sound speakers system and adaptive headlights ie the move around the corner as you drive. This option is $5000-6000.

I am looking at installing an after market sat nav with blue tooth for a fraction of the cost.

Post #23900 8th Jul 2008 4:54 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

er not sure.
The sat nav and bluetooth is standard on models from SE up. I have an SE and yes it is integrated into the dash above the radio.
I assume the HSE is the same...... Thumbs Up

Post #23911 8th Jul 2008 8:41 am
Kangy

Australia 

Welcome fishy,

Found it to be a great site before i bought mine and received it,still look and read the other posts,but been busy these last mths as i made friends with this girl on the net and went away to the philippines to be with her,to have some fun and plan to go and meet her again and parents working in Brunei..
But its alway's great to come back and catch up on the news again.
Had a sunroof recall and the drivers side switches fixed that control the windows and closing the mirrors,so not too bad,am very satisfied with mine and its due for its first sevice soon.
Wish you all the best with yours and hope you have lots of fun driving it like i have.

Post #23922 8th Jul 2008 11:16 am
Fishy

was the recall for the early models (2007)?

also am i correct that the uk and europe market has 3 levels for the FL2 rather then just SE and HSE? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #23950 9th Jul 2008 4:55 am
Kangy

Australia 

[quote="Fishy"]was the recall for the early models (2007)?

In Australia 2007/08 model sunroof recall,even had to get it fixed again as it started closing with a bang.

Post #24018 10th Jul 2008 12:08 pm
FaisaL

Singapore 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black
HSE i6

Hi Guys,

Mine i bought in Singapore June 2008. HSE came with 14 speakers Alpine premium audio. Bluetooth , Sunroof comes as a standar with the HSE, 18" rims. Its Santorini Black. ...after 3 off roading events it Scratched Santorini Black! Great vehicle , i wished it had Air suspensions, ground clearance to low!

Post #24364 17th Jul 2008 5:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1