Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > SE approach lighting: footwell, puddle and mirror lamps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
sheckster

npinks wrote:
valid point dave

My old Cavalier had the power for a after market powered aerial i put in

You never know, have a look in the footwell, they might be just waiting for bulbs and the holders

Will it check out now, I'll let you guys know.

Post #21769 7th Jun 2008 12:29 am
nosliwedaw

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I was a little annoyed too that mine didn't have the puddle lamps. I will sus out the approach lighting next trip to the dealer as the button is there for it on the remote.

As for installing the fotwell lamps etc, there is a single wire there on the passenger side, not power, possibly an earth, nothing on the drivers side. I gave up before i looked at the doors.

Best of luck.

Post #22177 12th Jun 2008 11:44 am
Fishy

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

One thing that really really p*sses me off is the differences in specs for different countries Evil or Very Mad

Why is this????

It is particularly bad for us here in Australia as we usually end up with a lower spec car for a more expensive price. i have noticed this with a lot of different makes of cars.

It really annoyed me that the HSE did not come with sat nav and blue tooth as standard. Nearly all 2008 cars and especially those pitched towards the luxury end of the market have this. Gee even the good old trusty holden commodore now has this!! 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #23951 9th Jul 2008 5:06 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Fishy wrote:
One thing that really really p*sses me off is the differences in specs for different countries Evil or Very Mad

Why is this????

It is particularly bad for us here in Australia as we usually end up with a lower spec car for a more expensive price. i have noticed this with a lot of different makes of cars.

It really annoyed me that the HSE did not come with sat nav and blue tooth as standard. Nearly all 2008 cars and especially those pitched towards the luxury end of the market have this. Gee even the good old trusty holden commodore now has this!!

I think this is normal for all makes of imported cars. Here in Norway it is the Norwegian importers that decide the specification of each model and in some cases make up a spec for a particular market and give it its own model name Shocked The most notable of these in Norway are the German car models.
In the case of the Norwegian FL2, the model version names are the same although not all alternatives are sold here. However as in Australia the spec of each is a bit different to the UK equivalent Shocked We also dip out on some equipment that is included in the UK as standard Sad
I guess the reason for this is all price related - they try to make the advertised selling price of each model as competitive as possible for each market Rolling Eyes What we have to pay extra is just unfortunate for the buyers, who possibly get a car that is not as well equipped as the UK alternative, or, that we pay through the nose if you want all the equipment fitted. Big Cry 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #23952 9th Jul 2008 7:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12