Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LED Sidelights and Indicator bulbs.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

EV
Copy this 280587962572 number into fleabay "courtesy of Mr Pinks".
Those are the ones I fitted and they are very bright. Trouble is, they are as different a match to the xenons as xenons are to Halogens. Think about those sparkly blue/white Christmas tree l.e.d lights and you'll get the idea.

The first time I fitted mine "from the back" took around half an hour and removed most of the skin from my knuckles. Big Cry The second time, I removed the headlight unit and had both fitted and working in around 10 minutes with all the skin left on my knuckles. Mr. Green

Post #91865 13th Feb 2011 8:59 pm
redlabel

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

^^ I have these aswell. Easy to mount, but I don't like the look. As you say the kelvin is way to different from the oem xenons.
Now I will need these aswell:
http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=156 FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #96189 23rd Mar 2011 1:03 pm
Wing

Yeah I considered those but thought they would look too much like the 'boy racer with the chavved up Astra' look. They have some available in 5000 - 5200K that should look bright white without the Shocked BLUE Shocked look, although I'll reserve my opinion on the 6000k's until I see some.

The Fleabay l.e.d's are fine for dull days and daytime driving, so I don't mind the different output between the two as I rarely use the xenons during the day, though I am on the lookout for something that's a better match to the standard xenons over those blue l.e.d sidelights. Damn sight cheaper than having to buy Xenons to match the sidelights! They look good over the rear number plate too. Thumbs Up

Post #96265 23rd Mar 2011 8:38 pm
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I have LED indicator bulbs fitted to both front and rear, check the last few entries of
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic4897.html?highlight=
Had to use a resistor to prevent double flashing, and once thats done provides nice sharp on-off cycles and also dont get the amber colour on the lens cover. Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #96268 23rd Mar 2011 8:48 pm
redlabel

Wing wrote:
Yeah I considered those but thought they would look too much like the 'boy racer with the chavved up Astra' look. They have some available in 5000 - 5200K that should look bright white without the Shocked BLUE Shocked look, although I'll reserve my opinion on the 6000k's until I see some.

The Fleabay l.e.d's are fine for dull days and daytime driving, so I don't mind the different output between the two as I rarely use the xenons during the day, though I am on the lookout for something that's a better match to the standard xenons over those blue l.e.d sidelights. Damn sight cheaper than having to buy Xenons to match the sidelights! They look good over the rear number plate too. Thumbs Up

I have the 5000k D1S bulbs. They are ok, but I don't see any big difference between the stock ones. FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #96308 24th Mar 2011 9:27 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

go and ask ur dealer to switch on (drls) day time running lights my 2011 freelander xs. the program is sat in the car computer it just needs the dealer to activate Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #96314 24th Mar 2011 10:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

alf - What does it activate? the sidelights (Front only) or headlights do you know ?.
Most manufacturers are using high intensity low wattage LED's as, according the the blurb, running your normal headlights will put a demand on the alternator and therefore potentially reduce mpg (sorry Yawn I know).

Post #96317 24th Mar 2011 11:22 am
Wing

bigalf1961 wrote:
go and ask ur dealer to switch on (drls) day time running lights Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks bigalf1961. Personally I don't want DRL's I'm happy to turn my lights on when driving conditions change. I'm just on the lookout for something brighter than the paltry 'standard' sidelights that matches the colour 'kelvin' of the standard Xenons. The l.e.d sidelights I fitted are bright enough, just look a bit odd! Thumbs Up

Post #96373 24th Mar 2011 5:11 pm
Wing

redlabel wrote:
I have the 5000k D1S bulbs. They are ok, but I don't see any big difference between the stock ones.

Cheers Redlabel. I'm happy with the output from the standard Philips xenons, can't see me updating anytime soon to 6000K especially at that price! Shocked

Post #96374 24th Mar 2011 5:21 pm
redlabel

you could try the cheap china ebay 6000k if you want to try match the leds. FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #96411 24th Mar 2011 11:02 pm
ColinAG

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Manual Stornoway Grey

Hello Guys, I am having a problem with my Side Lights on my 2007 Freelander 2 HSE. This problem has been reported on the forum twice before, but I can’t see that any one has been able to offer a solution.
I recently tried to fit some LED bulbs to my Side Lights and yes I fitted the wrong ones, I should have got the Cabus ones but I did not  any way the result is that the off side light will not work at all even though I have gone back to the original bulbs.
Another user reported this, and though every one offered a solution to the bulb problem, no one has said how to reset things so that the lights will work again.
Please can you help!!

Post #230671 4th Aug 2014 11:04 am
ad210358

England 

Deja vous Confused

Post #230701 4th Aug 2014 6:05 pm
jonhall41

United Kingdom 

Hey Colin did you ever get an answer to this? Jon hall

Post #237649 13th Oct 2014 12:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12