Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 15my Freelander info
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
bish789

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I'll wait until we get the Freelander "Gotham City" released then get one of them.

Post #221997 13th Apr 2014 7:32 am
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

PeakWayfarer wrote:
What a stupid name for a Freelander - sounds more like a bus and why change - most people know the HSE

I do wonder who dreams up these names Exclamation

It is crazy, as the exact same car is known as the HSE Luxury (Not HSE Lux) in every other Country in the world apart from Russia and the UK. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #222000 13th Apr 2014 8:04 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

I agree...daft! I suspect that it is something to do with the ability to pronounce it in certain regions, or Lux meaning something else in other languages..... a la Vauxhall/Opel Nova/Corsa scenario back in the 90's Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #222006 13th Apr 2014 8:30 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Metropolis in Greek means the "mother city" of a colony! It's not a stupid name for a car nor is it crazy to badge it as one! In different countries across the globe LR badge vehicles differently. For instance the D4 metropolis edition were made in limited batches only for the South American region (I think, Jeremy will correct me if wrong). We've still got our D2 Metropolis again made in limited batches in Java black only with full premium leather, and the 1st and only Discovery at the time to have a a full large screen colour sat nav located in the roof console miles better than the old style calculator display! For the D3 Metropolis it came in grey or black however the first editions were all black only and these were the first D3's to come with painted wheel arches from factory and were fitted with stainless side tubes! Thumbs Up personally it will be a nice touch to badge the freely as a metropolis as it's on limited time now till it's replacement. I don't think older HSE LUX vehicles will holder stronger values as people prefer that name. The HSE Lux FL2 didn't even come badged officially by LR, without being rude to anyone you cannot even tell it's an HSE Lux unless you look inside it. Unlike the D4 which had a bright finish/stainless grill look to identify the HSE Lux accompanied by the boot badge ! The Metropolis name has always been associated with a limited spec in the past (it's not in this instance) but LR have been using this name for decade so why can't they know? They have got to keep customers attracted to the FL2 to start shifting the soon to be old stock!

Jeremy I would like to say thank you for your time, it's a pity your were that far away for the part ex on the FL1 as the Dymanic deal was very tempting Thumbs Up in the end I didn't/couldn't let my FL1 go and I ended up keeping the car Laughing I will being phoning yourself in 2017 however so hoping a good price as my dynamic will be rare especially after I'm finished modding it Rolling with laughter When are we likely to see the FL2 replacment and who long till it arrives at showrooms now.... MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Last edited by LR NUT on 2nd Aug 2014 9:01 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #222008 13th Apr 2014 8:44 am
Jeremy @ Grange Barnet LR

LR NUT is spot on - Metropolis is a Land Rover name that has been used before (although not on Freelander).

One of my personal favourite LE's is a Disco 2 Metropolis V8 but that's another story!! Wink

I'm happy to place a small (very small!) bet that when the time comes you won't be able to part with your Dynamic! I'll try and tempt you out of it though! Rolling with laughter

Post #222013 13th Apr 2014 9:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Metropolis? It will end up being called the Metrolops in UK! Laughing 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #222033 13th Apr 2014 3:17 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

LR NUT wrote:
you cannot even tell it's an HSE Lux unless you look inside it.

err.....yes you CAN! I would have thought that someone with your attention to detail in specifications would know how to just by looking at the tailgate! Whistle Foraging near Gaydon....
——————————————
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #222078 13th Apr 2014 11:15 pm
Mav71

Of course! Well noted Badger!

You can actually tell it is an HSE Lux from the front, the back, the sides and inside! Thumbs Up

I am not for or against the Metrolpolos badge, but to be honest I didn't know there was a history of this badge on Land Rovers. But you all know me, any excuse for an upgrade! As long as the specs are the same etc. Which I suspect they won't be and that the Metropolis will be a lower spec! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #222111 14th Apr 2014 2:56 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Crazy that they are dropping the Dynamic from the range - maybe CG has been recruited by LR?? Whistle

Post #222126 14th Apr 2014 4:19 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Sure is Rolling Eyes I wasn't in a hurry to get a new car in fact I've still got my FL1! I was actually waiting for the Freelanders replacement. One day I went onto Land Rovers website and came across it. I've had so many compliments made about my car even from my work colleagues. The dynamic looks like a different car, I have done additional coding and with the raised roof rails and crossbars it looks stunning! Pimento interior has always been reserved for the Range Rover up until now so it was a nice touch on LRs behalf to introduce pimento into the freelander! The defender will be the next LR to be given a pimento interior choice! To cut the long story short the dynamic won me over fuji with pimento in a excellent match, people are always a bit amazed that I didn't pay a penny extra for the pimento interior Thumbs Up in a way Im glad they've stopped the dynamic as it makes mine more desirable hopefully when I part with her! In my neck of the woods I have only seen 2 dynamics on the road and the different dealers that we use always seem to have them in as demos with ebony interior! When I ordered mine up all I had to go by was the broucher picture bit of a gamble but glad I picked it Wink MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #222156 14th Apr 2014 9:15 pm
Mav71

Price wise, the new Metropolis is only about £5/600 less than the HSE Lux, with the SD4 version being close to £40 just like the SD4 Lux. The ED4 version being £35995.

With this in mind, I doubt it will have any baring in HSE prices. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #222721 22nd Apr 2014 8:24 am
david426

United States 2011 LR2 i6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji White

It seems that from this thread there will be a 2015 Freelander2. In the Discovery Sport thread (also in this "General" forum) there seems to exist the notion that there will not be a 2015 Freelander2 and that the Discovery Sport will replace the Freelander2. Is this the case or have I overlooked some of the information? Also, what do you think will be the fate of the LR2 over here?

Post #222830 23rd Apr 2014 4:10 am
Mav71

Discovery Sport will not hit the show rooms until mid to late 2015. So there will be a final run of 2015 Freelanders. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #222869 23rd Apr 2014 2:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12