Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New fl2 towbar wiring question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ad210358

England 

So would I and a mention of this in the Handbook would help also, nothing like reversing in to a space thinking no need to worry about the front, the Sensors will let me know, CRUNCH.
At least I know they don't work and make allowances.

Post #221645 8th Apr 2014 8:14 pm
pressureman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

I know this is off the subject of front sensors being disabled (sorry wurzel153) but just for ad, if you have the rear view camera fitted, you can superimpose the rear sensors distance reading (roughly) on the screen and also have a marker to show how far back you can go and still open the tailgate. However, a bit like a chocolate fire guard if you have a bike rack covering the camera! 2007 SE Manual : Gone and missed but 2013 HSE Lux is better!
Series IIa : Gone but hopefully still alive.

Post #221648 8th Apr 2014 8:31 pm
wurzel153

2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

My scenario is I park in forwards as if I reversed in It would be awkward to get the bikes off the back. I park in forest type car parks which are bordered by low lying rocks and fences that you can't see, the front sensors on my old my11 always picked these up. Now with the my14 I have to get out the car to make sure I'm not gonna touch lower bumper to rock.

I know it's clearly not that important an issue and I think I will survive life without the front sensors, it just gets on my tits a bit.

Post #221649 8th Apr 2014 8:33 pm
ad210358

England 

pressureman wrote:
I know this is off the subject of front sensors being disabled (sorry wurzel153) but just for ad, if you have the rear view camera fitted, you can superimpose the rear sensors distance reading (roughly) on the screen and also have a marker to show how far back you can go and still open the tailgate. However, a bit like a chocolate fire guard if you have a bike rack covering the camera!

Have the camera, but as you say, if it's covered with the bike rack it won't work. I don't have a problem with the sensors being disabled, it's a bit ridiculous on a on a 50k vehicle but I know they don't work and can live with it. Just think they should put it in the Handbook.

Post #221651 8th Apr 2014 8:41 pm
pressureman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

Yes, agree totally. I guess the LR designers and specifiers haven't done the lateral thinking course! It's a bit like the DVD player being pretty useless if you can't watch it on the move and it turns off after 15 minutes or so when the engine is off (discussed in another thread). I have to admit that I wasn't aware of towing disabling front sensors until I read this. 2007 SE Manual : Gone and missed but 2013 HSE Lux is better!
Series IIa : Gone but hopefully still alive.

Post #221654 8th Apr 2014 8:51 pm
ad210358

England 

I wasn't aware until I was pm'd by an RRS owner so plugged mine in and tested it. So the RRS, Disco and Freelander all have the the Fronts disabled, don't know about the FFRR and Evoque, I suspect the Evoque will be the same.

Post #221659 8th Apr 2014 9:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12