Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > VEHICLE VALUATIONS GUIDES?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Adrian888

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey
VEHICLE VALUATIONS GUIDES?

Can anyone recommend a reliable (as in realistic) valuations guide publicly available? Unfortunately I no longer have access to Glass's 'bible' these days! I will very shortly be selling my FL2 having lost the 9 month battle to get SWMBO to drive it - having decided the minute we got the car home it was too big for her...... Sad eh tu?

Post #212158 27th Dec 2013 6:48 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

WBAC is a good indication and takes just 2 minutes

Post #212159 27th Dec 2013 7:26 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I find that all of these so called second hand car values are wrong. Autotrader recommended that I advertised my old car for £11250!

Glass's said £9800! I got £13500 for it, it all seems to be so random. I priced mine after looking at other cars of similar age and specification were priced at. Seemed to work! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #212170 27th Dec 2013 9:27 pm
Labradorslave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I have sold two privately this year-I can't comment on the pay as you go valuations but the free on-line guides were useless! The first was a 57 S which I got 8900 for (good condition and 48000 miles). I was offered 8000px by Hunters Land Rover. The second FL2 was an 09 HSE, 53000miles which I had to sell 3 months after buying. Again I sold privately and had numerous offers around the 14000 mark. Eventually I sold it for 15100. At the time of selling they were going for about 17-18K at main dealers. The lessons I learnt were;

1. Look at the main dealer prices on the official used approved site. Take an average price (they vary hugely), subtract 2-3000 pounds and you are about right for a realistic asking price.

2. Ebay is a good place to sell but the vast majority of inquiries were from professional trade buyers. For some reason I didn't get a single inquiry from a private buyer despite having FSH and an official Land Rover Warranty.

Post #212175 27th Dec 2013 9:38 pm
Adrian888

Thanks, I have had a look at the 'weripoffanypassingmug' websites and have an idea of their valuations so will shortly be popping an ad on the forum. Only problem is lack of photos - the weather has not allowed me to give it the pre-sale deep clean I intended. After a shaky start with the car (more to do with rubbish dealer service) I am going to miss it and would definately buy another. My wife would happily drive an Evoque but unless my numbers come up on tonight's rollover that option is a non-starter for quite a few years.

For info it is a July 2009 2 owner FDSH 's' spec with various LR upgrades and coming upto 83k miles. eh tu?

Post #212224 28th Dec 2013 3:15 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Funny how the websites get such bad publicity for buying your car when on frequent occasions people have been offered more by these guys than by the reputable main dealers!!

Post #212228 28th Dec 2013 4:03 pm
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue
Re: VEHICLE VALUATIONS GUIDES?

Adrian888 wrote:
...having lost the 9 month battle to get SWMBO to drive it - having decided the minute we got the car home it was too big for her...... Sad

That's a shame... My missus also formed an instant opinion that the freely was too big but, over time, has agreed that it's the best car she's driven. She still feels that 'compact SUV' is a laughable description but values it's ease of access, comfort, high driving position, light steering, heated seats and so has taken to it enthusiastically.

Women (I KNOW this is a generalisation but...) tend to prefer smaller / lower / more visually appealing cars. I'm thinking of deleting that last sentence but may leave it in for now...

...So... yep SWINO still thinks it's humungous but its positive qualities outshine this negative (in her opinion) aspect.

Sorry it didn't work out for you Sad

... ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #212234 28th Dec 2013 5:11 pm
Adrian888

Thanks! Yes, true indeed, altho' my 'ex' was one of the few women I have known who preferred large cars but that was probably something to do with selling them for a living too. Well the advert is on its way. eh tu?

Post #212236 28th Dec 2013 5:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1