Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > New side window, Ouch!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OSHANDA

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue
New side window, Ouch!

I'm just about to replace a broken side window on my FL2. Total cost, including glass, fitting and replacing the tinting is going to be over $600, ouch!

I was bringing my laptop home last night so I could work on the weekend when my wife called me and asked me to run an errand at a local shopping centre. I forgot to move the laptop off the back seat. When I got back to the car the rear side window on the drives side was in thousands of pieces on the ground and, of course, the lap top was gone.

After cursing my own stupidity and reporting the theft to the police I started getting quotes to replace the glass. O'brien glass quoted me around $320 fitted plus tinting. The Land Rover dealers came up with prices closer to $600 including tinting. None of them have the glass in stock and I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get my pride and joy fixed.

It's certainly been an expensive lesson.

Darren Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #19193 3rd May 2008 4:40 am
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

Sorry about your misfortune. Under the front seats is a great place to store laptops or anything of value. There's quite a bit off room under them.

Post #19194 3rd May 2008 7:51 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I know only too well how you feel OSHANDA; after my FL2 got broken into in a residential area. At least a lap top may have been worth the effort .... in my case all they nicked was 5 Easter eggs Rolling Eyes

Maybe an empty car is the only safe way to go?! Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #19296 5th May 2008 12:06 am
OSHANDA

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Well the window is fixed but I have to take the car somewhere else to get the window tinting put on.

But now the door rattles! Apparently the the broken glass fell down inside the door and the window guy couldn't get it out. Said his vacum cleaner couldn't reach it. So every time I close the door the glass inside rattles. Sounds like garbage to me. The beast is due for its 24,000 KM service soon so I'll ask Land Rover to look at it.

Cheers,

Darren Reflect on the past and plan for the future. But, above all - LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!!!

Post #19576 7th May 2008 1:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1