Home > Off Topic > R56 Mini justa!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
R56 Mini justa!

Hi folks

I know that there are some ex and current mini owners on here and so I am looking for some help from you friendly bunch...

I am just in the process of swapping out the mrs' trusty C1 for something a bit more comfortable for the motorways and so we have settled on a R56 Mini Cooper justa...

Always fancied one and so this is the ideally opportunity!

Anyway, out of you mini fans I was wondering if you can help on the following...

A) recommend a decent uk mini forum. Mini2 seams a bit light on content and not very friendly and all the rest are American. Is there one that I am missing?
2) do any of you have any real life experience of the justa and can offer any wise words?? I'm told the clutches can be a bit week!? Is there anything else to look out for
iii) what kinda mpg have you been getting?

Cheers fellas

CW Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #188093 17th Jun 2013 10:29 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

we have had a couple, 56 reg and 11 reg no real problems, dash can be a bit rattly, but then they all can, does about 45 mpg over the last 40,000 miles, run flat tyres quite noisy and hard, but not unpleasantly so, we will be getting another to replace the current one in a year or so. never tried it in the snow as we use the freelander for that.

Post #188103 18th Jun 2013 8:08 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Theres the totalMINI forum, have you tried that? I know its the alternative to MINI2, dont know if its US or UK based.

Ive got a 12 JCW hatch, and get 38mpg out of it, and of course its extremely rapid, love it
Its on runflats as standard and its hard but not uncomfortably so.

Post #188104 18th Jun 2013 8:29 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

we had a cooper 07 model and liked it a lot.

really good on the motorway for long distance journeys, but best with just two up as boot space is limited and the back seats are really only for kids.

dowside is it was very stiff on the road and there was a lot of rattles from dash area, etc

Iain

Post #188106 18th Jun 2013 8:46 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

whats a justa Question only heard of chilli, pepper, cooper. ONE and JW ones Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #188107 18th Jun 2013 8:50 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I am guessing a Justa is the bog standard no options Cooper, basic as you can possibly get?
Its Just a Cooper?

Post #188109 18th Jun 2013 8:53 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Smile i see now Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #188110 18th Jun 2013 9:04 am
stooby

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Rimini Red
I hated mine

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but I had a Cooper S (turbo version 56 plate from new) and loathed it.
Mine was obviously built on a Friday as it was in the garage more often than not.
It had awful torque steer and struggled to get any power down if it was at all damp or cold. It never felt that fast either just noisy and uncomfortable. The sports suspension is very hard and was probably what ruined it.
In the end the dealer and BMW agreed to buy it off me and I ended up in a 1 series which was a much, much better drive. Every time I see a mini now I spit. (mind you I did once have a Mini One as a loan car while mine was in the garage for a few days and it made much more sense as a car).

Stuart

Post #188118 18th Jun 2013 10:30 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

we had probably the first mini in the york area. Mrs G ran it for 12 mths 13000 miles and loved it. I never warmed to it , small cramped loose trim rattling and squeaking etc.
however we sold it for £200 less than we paid so that made me happy At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #188128 18th Jun 2013 12:57 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Cheers fellas - keep it up!!

'Justa' meaning not an 'S' seams with the forums it's not good enough to say Mini Cooper as they all wonder if you mean a cooper s. I've also noticed that most followings are for the s and not just the justa which makes researching it difficult!

My heart tells me I want an S but the brain says no.. I have heard that the turbo prince engine in the S is particularly unrealible with problems with vacuum pumps and timing belt tensioner making a mess of the engines (far worse than our faithful fuel pump / broken cam problem) but that said I think the justa is far better.

I'll give those other forums a try when I get a sec mona - so far I have been using North America motoring which is pretty good but very clearly American!! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #188162 18th Jun 2013 4:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1