« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Charles Hurst Land Rover, Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black
Charles Hurst Land Rover, Park Royal

I dealt primarily with James Tayler by e-mail/telephone over the last two months and really enjoyed it. He put my mind at ease over my concerns, not the least of which was the fact that the dealership is in London and I live in Blackpool! The car and the deal were right for us though, and everything was laid out straight forward and easy to understand - no gimmicks, no pressure.

Unfortunately James couldn't be there yesterday when I picked up 'my baby' so we dealt with a chap called Russell Conway-Lye. He showed us how it all worked, explained everything in a clear and nice manner and I can honestly say that it has been a pleasure doing business. I've had contact today and they have assured me that they will ring me next week to see if everything is OK.

Very impressed by these guys. I hope the car can live up to this standard!

Post #18215 18th Apr 2008 1:00 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Charles Hurst Land Rover, Park Royal

Pete S. wrote:
I can honestly say that it has been a pleasure doing business. I've had contact today and they have assured me that they will ring me next week to see if everything is OK.

Wow, sounds like you've got off to a great start, I hope you continue to be impressed. Good luck.

Complete opposite to me. Got off to a bad start when salesman left the dealer part way through processing my order, car then arrived at dealership they didn't even know they'd got it, then delayed delivery for further two weeks because they cocked up on terms of delivery with lease company. So I was fuming before I even got the car.

Since then I’ve noticed that salesman who did eventually deal with my order (and who got a lot of stick for the admin cock up) appears to avoid me if I’m in the dealership (for service repair etc). I see other customers greeted by their salesman whenever they are in the dealership. I feel like I’m treated as a second class customer because I bought the second least expensive car in the range.

All in all, love the car, but there have been too many niggles with it (though to be fair it hasn’t ever broken down – hope I don’t live to regret saying that!). But the ownership experience has been a complete let down in terms of the dealership experience, only deal with them for service because of their convenient location. Oh and to be fair the girls on service reception are OK, they just work in a crap system.

Just received another customer satisfaction letter from them this morning. I will tell them the truth, yet again, and will no doubt continue to be disappointed by their responses …

Chances of me buying from them again 0%

Who said we don’t dish the dirt on this forum.

Post #18221 18th Apr 2008 1:59 pm
Gecko

Vatican 

Avtur
Much in line with my dealership experience over here in Belgium - i.e. totally crap. It was bloody hard work trying to buy the car and even harder getting them to deliver it . All in all a very disappointing experience only softend by the fact that my car , so far, has been great. I hope I never have to go back to that dealer . I will try and find a different one to do the servicing. really amazing how a 'service company ' can score such an own goal.
How many people have you told your story to that will now also not be visiting that dealer. they really are so stupid aren't they Mad

Post #18222 18th Apr 2008 2:04 pm
Pete S.

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Avtur - sorry to hear about that.

For us, this was a massive thing to do so I had to feel right about it. James and Russell were excellent and made the whole experience a really good one. We stayed at my daughter's in Sale on the Wed night (son took us over), got the metro(£2.70 ea.) to Piccadilly station; Virgin train (£7 ea. through Trainline.com) to Euston; then tube to Park Royal (£4.00ea.). So, the whole journey cost us £27.40 and ran like clockwork which always helps. The car had a full tank of diesel thrown in so we had no expenses going home either. As I said, it was just one terrific day. You can only recommend on your own experience but from my dealings with Charles Hurst I'd say consider them despite the distance.

I even worked a Land Rover umbrella into the deal!!! Laughing

Post #18224 18th Apr 2008 2:37 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Pete,

Glad to hear that all went well in my absence and that you are pleased with the car! You'll have to send some pictures from 'The Lakes' when you get back!!

Avtur,

I apologise as it sounds as though we 'dropped the ball' with regard to your particular purchase. Reading your comments, it was certainly something that fell below my radar at the time. It is fair to say that we have made some positive personnel changes since we bought the dealership just over a year ago, therfore hopefully your experience will not be repeated. If you would like to PM or email me at jamestayler@charleshurstgroup.co.uk then I would be happy to discuss in more detail exactly what happened.

Regards,

James Thumbs Up

Post #18461 22nd Apr 2008 12:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Pete,

Glad to hear that all went well in my absence and that you are pleased with the car! You'll have to send some pictures from 'The Lakes' when you get back!!

Avtur,

I apologise as it sounds as though we 'dropped the ball' with regard to your particular purchase. Reading your comments, it was certainly something that fell below my radar at the time. It is fair to say that we have made some positive personnel changes since we bought the dealership just over a year ago, therfore hopefully your experience will not be repeated. If you would like to PM or email me at jamestayler@charleshurstgroup.co.uk then I would be happy to discuss in more detail exactly what happened.

Regards,

James Thumbs Up

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, I think there might be a misunderstanding here which I'd better put right. If I understand your reply correctly you've taken it that my comments were directed at your business. Just for the record and to be completely clear my comments do NOT relate to your business. I bought my car from a dealer in South Manchester (whose name relates to bonfire night and a fish Whistle Whistle Whistle )

Sounds like Pete's comments regarding your servcice are an excellent testamonial, well done to you.

Avtur.

Post #18503 23rd Apr 2008 12:47 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

"whose name relates to bonfire night and a fish" .... rocket halibut? never heard of them Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #18512 23rd Apr 2008 8:05 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
"whose name relates to bonfire night and a fish" .... rocket halibut? never heard of them Shocked

Banger Trout you mean Question Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #18514 23rd Apr 2008 8:16 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i thought he meant "Sparkler & Haddock LR" Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18515 23rd Apr 2008 8:18 am
Lookers Park Royal

Avtur,

It did look as though it related to us, but I'm pleased to hear it wasn't us!

If you're ever this way then we'd be glad to look after you.

James Thumbs Up

Post #18518 23rd Apr 2008 8:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1