Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Service light & starting issue?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Boroboy

United Kingdom 
Service light & starting issue?

Yesterday my service light came on within the dash screen, on my 58 FL2 td4. I will reset this soon, as it has already been serviced.
I went to start it this morning as normal. Entered landy using fob, put foot on clutch & pressed start button. Nothing happened, no display lights on dash screen. Checked car battery, was good (12.8v), as I had replaced it 3 days ago, due to a different starting issue (flat battery).
I then put fob back in & pressed starting button, without pressing the clutch. Dash lights illuminated, I then pressed clutch & she started as normal.
Is this related to the service light appearing? Or another possible starting issue?
Many thanks. Landy has now gone.

Post #184060 15th May 2013 8:58 am
ad210358

England 

Service Light Question Normally you get a Service countdown message in the centre information screen Question p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #184072 15th May 2013 11:44 am
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

Yes just reset the service light/message.
Was just wondering if the service message appearing would affect the normal starting procedure? As the landy would not start this morning, pressed clutch in, pressed button. Nothing. Neither did anything appear on the dash.
Thinking the service light & starting issue may have just been a coincidence?
Thanks. Landy has now gone.

Post #184076 15th May 2013 11:54 am
ad210358

England 

Coincidence, I reckon. Iv'e had it where if you insert the Fob and quickly press Start all weird things happen, No Response from The Start Button, No Volome from the Radio or Sat Nave. Just reinsert the Fob at a more leisurely pace and all is well, it's as though inserting the Fob and quickly pressing Start doesn't give it time to Boot up so to speak. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #184083 15th May 2013 2:08 pm
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

Almost certainly a coincidence as regards the service indication and the non start.

The most usual cause of this kind of non-start is, I'd say, not having fully depressed the clutch pedal, or an intermittent fault with the pedal switch. In my experience it can feel like I've fully pressed the pedal, but in practice I clearly haven't because a bit more pressure, or release and press again, usually sorts it.

Make sure, too, that nothing's fouling the clutch pedal and preventing it being pressed fully - carpet or mats, for example.

Post #184085 15th May 2013 2:22 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

ad210358,
My wife put fob in as normally this morn, pressed clutch, button. Nothing, no dash lights, but radio worked. She tried it another 2 times, still no luck. I then tested car battery voltage, was OK. Put fob back in, pressed button without clutch. Dash lights then came on, clutch down, then fired up. Strange. Came off the back of it not starting at all a few days ago, this though was due to a flat battery. Just as well we have two cars.
Cheers for info. Landy has now gone.

Post #184086 15th May 2013 2:26 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

Pab,
Thanks for info.
My wife pressed clutch down around 3 times, with no luck. I then went back, tried it again & it fired up. Could be a faulty clutch switch, as you have stated. Used my code reader to see if any codes stored, there were none. Not had much luck with the landy over the 9 months of ownership. Landy has now gone.

Post #184088 15th May 2013 2:29 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Probably just because youre not pressing the clutch pedal down hard enough, you think you do it the same each time but dont.
I had this fault and thats all it was, pressed the pedal down hard each time and I never had the fault occur again.

Post #184096 15th May 2013 3:46 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

Mona Geeza,
Will try that in the future.
Thanks. Landy has now gone.

Post #184098 15th May 2013 3:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1