« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New reg??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stuartp

United Kingdom 
New reg??

I just wondering how many people on the forum are picking up the keys to a new Freelander next week?

I am not able to get my FL2 until next Sat and it seems a long way off, but I am also hoping it’s a better relationship than I had with my last car (RAV4 nightmare).

But I also got thinking that I am just not seeing any FL2s on the road (seen two since launch) so either people like me have waited for the new reg, or they are not selling very well??
I wonder if the price has put people off and the old cars reliability problems.
Question

Post #1711 23rd Feb 2007 4:01 pm
Transman

Got to admit I picked up my coat and moved from the D3 site to this as I get an FL2 next Wed pm, and I`m really looking forward.

My D3 must have got to know as when SWMBO went to start it two days ago--nothing--battery flat for no reason. LRA came out and started it, but found no reason for the failure. Otherwise 12 months of trouble free.

So, roll on FL2

Standard Silver HSE manual diesel with flaps and towbar, only ordered it two weeks ago.

Also looking forward to better mpg, lower insurance,easier parking for her indoors, and still with the ability to pull the caravan.

Post #1713 23rd Feb 2007 9:02 pm
Forby Fore

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tambora Flame

Ordered my replacement company car this week: GS in Tambora Flame with privacy glass. Waiting for delivery date at the moment. Currently running Nissan X-Trail and previously Toyota LCruiser Colorado and Daihatsu Fourtrak so it will be interesting to see how the FL2 compares.

Tough decision between the FL2 and the new Honda CRV - well us company drivers have to consider cost and tax implications. Finally decided to 'pay the price' so to speak and went for the Land Rover.

Let's hope I made the right choice.

So in anicipation I've joined the forum to find out what others think.

Post #1721 24th Feb 2007 11:17 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Like Transman I am also a defector from DISCO3, picking up my GS in Black next week but it will be a 56 plate as I got a good deal on a pre-reg model.

Also looking forward to better mpg (V8 Disco very thirsty!) and more 'chuckability' if that's a word??

Will be posting plenty of thoughts over the coming months Smile

Post #1739 27th Feb 2007 11:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I think some of the reason you see so few is the lack of a diesel auto. Its a different car to the D3 but still a real 4x4 compared to the CRV or RAV4. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #1745 28th Feb 2007 9:47 am
stuartp

United Kingdom 

pelyma wrote:
I think some of the reason you see so few is the lack of a diesel auto. Its a different car to the D3 but still a real 4x4 compared to the CRV or RAV4.

that may be a reason why there are so few about then,have to see as from tomorrow?

The RAV i had (T180) was a very good SUV ,it just let me down ,so i got a refund, but i would recommend it as it was great fun.

I test drove the CRV 2007 and it was the most boring thing i had ever driven in my life!!!
Yuo could fall asleep whilst driving it ,dull was not the word.

Post #1760 28th Feb 2007 8:48 pm
Transman

As promised Fl2 arrived last night, but had to go to work today so havent had chance to drive it yet !

SWMBO has been out and is very impressed, but was in white panic when wingmirrors moved downwards when reverse was selected.

Sorted that tonight, also set 2 x seat memories, and found room for all the crap ( useful stuff )! which came from the D3. Surprised how much stowage space there is in FL2.

Tomorrow will hitch up the van for weekend away, and please to see that our D3 towball mounted bike carrier fits fine !

Will report back over weekend

Post #1782 1st Mar 2007 8:58 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Picked mine up today, ended up getting an XS in Sumatra Black on an 07 plate as the pre-reg GS wasn't ready! They valeted, PDI'd, registered and taxed it all in a day. Great service!!

First impressions are very good, nice relaxed drive, plenty of good equipment and 3 kids fit comfortably in the back. looking forward to getting used to it.

Now pondering the accessory brochure Very Happy

Post #1784 1st Mar 2007 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1