Home > Technical > Folding mirrors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tecnamflyer

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue
Folding mirrors

Gents,
Recently I traded in my 07 XS for an 12 xs and am very pleased with it.Smooth, much quieter and 5-6 mpg better than the old one.
All has been well with it till this week when the folding mirrors on locking have failed to fold. Worked fine then just stopped. Do not think it was me.
Any sugestions.
Paul

Post #177546 27th Mar 2013 10:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
s14tra

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

had this happen on my 57 gs,they had frozen,opened them manually and no further problems(touch wood)hth

Post #177570 27th Mar 2013 12:40 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Thumbs Up

Last edited by Mona Geeza on 27th Mar 2013 3:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #177574 27th Mar 2013 1:16 pm
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

He is not having problems opening them, he is having problems folding them.

Next time when you stop the vehicle, press both wingmirror buttons simultaneously, this will make them fold manually, that will confirm they are still working. If they don't fold, may just be something like a fuse blown. 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #177579 27th Mar 2013 1:31 pm
EYorkshire

I agree, don't concern yourself with the locking of the car and its operation yet, take a step back and try to prove they actually work.

Of interest, the workshop manual use to state that grabbing hold of them and forcing towards the bonnet and back a few times re-lubricated the mechanism, just need to re-engage again and you will feel when that happens.

Post #177589 27th Mar 2013 2:27 pm
flylr

2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Have you tried the spare set of keys or have you revently swapped your keys around?
Te folding of the mirrors is somehow programmed to the key (no idea how) - so basically with one set of keys they can fold and on another set not.

Dealer can sort that out though. (Coming) 2016 RR Evoque td4 180 HSE Dynamc
(Going) 2013 TD4 GS Auto - Santorini Black with black leather. Cold Climate, UK Lighting & Armrest Packs. Privacy Glass. LR Rubber Mats. Full size spare.
60 000 miles averaging 35mpg

(Gone) 2010 TD4 Manual GS - Stornoway Grey. Sold at 3yrs old & 64k miles. Final average consumption 39.2mpg.

Post #177669 27th Mar 2013 11:26 pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 

Hi tecnamflyer

I'm Kelly from Land Rover.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your folding mirrors. If you would like to send me a PM I will log a case onto the system and investigate this for you.

Please include the following details:
Full name
VIN/Chassis
Dealership details
Email address
Contact number

Kind regards,
Kelly Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice. This account will be available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. If it is outside of this time, and you require assistance, please feel free to drop us a Private Message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can

Post #177685 28th Mar 2013 10:31 am
tecnamflyer

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue
Mirror folding

To all that replied.
I sat in the car this morning and started her up. I then held both mirror switched down and they both folded. I do not think the drivers side was in fact in the fully open position. I then unfolded them and both went to fully open. Stoped the engine and got out and when I locked the car, both folded, unlock and they both unfolded.

My impression now is that the drivers side mirror was not in the completly open position and not being on a limit switch, it did not respond to the electronics telling it to close.
I had not noticed the mirror not being fully open as I have not driver it for a few days and er indoors is shorter than me so she dis not notice. she just know they did not fold when she parked at Tescos.

Re the second ke sugestion. It is in my house safe so that was not it. Will have to swap it soon to charge the battery.

Many many thanks to all those that replied.
Paul

Post #177695 28th Mar 2013 11:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1