Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > SUNROOF RECALL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Nazca Sand Eddie

United Kingdom 

www.recalls.gov.au gives details of the Freelander sun roof recall in Australia dated 13 Feb 2008.

Applies there to vin H000201 to H087347, and states that we may experience failure of the left or right guide rail. This may cause the sun roof to become detached from operating mechanism and bind.

No mention of any water leakage, but does refer to P009.

Suggest any one interested should read the whole section on that website, I have just copied part of it.

Post #16102 18th Mar 2008 8:59 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

If this was the norm, I've just noticed then that when the sunroof is opened, not only do I not get the full opening of the front sunroof, but the rear black part of the sunroof glass actually then covers over part of the smaller rear (non-opening) sunroof![/quote]

Still waiting for my FL2 but could someone confirm to me that the rear sunroof does open?? I know the front is an electric tilt and slide but i thought the rear was a manual tilt and slide?

Post #16103 18th Mar 2008 9:22 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Nazca Sand Eddie wrote:
www.recalls.gov.au gives details of the Freelander sun roof recall in Australia dated 13 Feb 2008.

Applies there to vin H000201 to H087347, and states that we may experience failure of the left or right guide rail. This may cause the sun roof to become detached from operating mechanism and bind.

No mention of any water leakage, but does refer to P009.

Suggest any one interested should read the whole section on that website, I have just copied part of it.

Good detective work N. S. Eddie Bow down Now we got the full story Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #16104 18th Mar 2008 9:25 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

shilen wrote:

Still waiting for my FL2 but could someone confirm to me that the rear sunroof does open?? I know the front is an electric tilt and slide but i thought the rear was a manual tilt and slide?

Rear is fixed and does not open Phil

Post #16105 18th Mar 2008 9:37 pm
RW

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

AndyC wrote:

It says on my "invitation" Land Rover Code P009 Thumbs Up hope that helps Question

That was very helpful. The service manager checked it and now my car is having the sunroof clips put in tomorrow!.

My car has gone in today for the spolier to be fitted. Got a Discovery GS manual as a courtesy vehicle. I was not impressed by the handling, interior or the gear box. It felt too 'agricultural' - no offence to CG Wink
I miss my FL2..... was thinking of going for a disco after 3 years - not any longer.

Post #16187 19th Mar 2008 9:32 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Land Rover Safety Related Recall applies to Model Year 2007 and 2008 Freelander 2.

Land Rover Reference is P009.

Received my notification from Land Rover dated 7 Apr but the Dealer did my recall over a month ago.

Post #17475 9th Apr 2008 1:27 pm
jimbob4755

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

rchrdleigh wrote:
Land Rover Safety Related Recall applies to Model Year 2007 and 2008 Freelander 2.

Received my notification from Land Rover dated 7 Apr but the Dealer did my recall over a month ago.

Are these clips in view to check whether already fitted Neutral Freelander 2 - SE
Sumatra Black - TD4 -4X4 Jack Russel in boot.

Post #17479 9th Apr 2008 1:54 pm
AndyC

jimbob4755 wrote:
rchrdleigh wrote:

Are these clips in view to check whether already fitted Neutral

I don’t think they are visible - When I had mine fixed, I checked before I delivered the to the stealers and afterwards it looked the same (ie no clips to be seen) - the only visible indication that they had fingered my beauty was a greasy finger mark on the roof lining Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #17481 9th Apr 2008 2:10 pm
jimbob4755

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

AndyC wrote:
jimbob4755 wrote:
rchrdleigh wrote:

I don’t think they are visible - When I had mine fixed, I checked before I delivered the to the stealers and afterwards it looked the same (ie no clips to be seen) - the only visible indication that they had fingered my beauty was a greasy finger mark on the roof lining Rolling Eyes

Did you get them to remove mark? Big Cry Freelander 2 - SE
Sumatra Black - TD4 -4X4 Jack Russel in boot.

Post #17497 9th Apr 2008 3:16 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

rchrdleigh wrote:

Should I expect a recall notice too? Can I request it? Phil

Post #17499 9th Apr 2008 3:52 pm
AndyC

jimbob4755 wrote:
AndyC wrote:
jimbob4755 wrote:
rchrdleigh wrote:

I don’t think they are visible - When I had mine fixed, I checked before I delivered the to the stealers and afterwards it looked the same (ie no clips to be seen) - the only visible indication that they had fingered my beauty was a greasy finger mark on the roof lining Rolling Eyes

Did you get them to remove mark? Big Cry

Did it myself - couldnt risk getting more greasy marks Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #17501 9th Apr 2008 4:51 pm
chris@scears.com

Just done my clip moonroof recall. took 6 hours, but my LR service is blody crap! Whistle
(Bilforum Stavanger) The service manger could not say why and what was done Shocked the mechanic had gone home, no grease marks, though!
still have to return for a oil leak fix and my first service.

Post #17510 9th Apr 2008 7:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

phil_wkl wrote:
rchrdleigh wrote:

Should I expect a recall notice too? Can I request it?

I rang landrover customer service to enquire if my FL2 needed the fix, they confirmed it did, i am still waiting for my letter 3 months later, i have even rang them again stating i have not received the recall letter, and i am still waiting Neutral

I have had my car in now 4 times to have the fix done, and have had various excuses about parts, not been arriving or not available, the last time they said this, our friendly forum sponsor confirmed 200 could be order for next day delivery. I got my car rebooked in (last week) only to be told they was not going to be doing the fix until LR had sent somebody to show they how to as the diagrams were Censored

Each time by car has been in they have been fixing other things, i am not one to wait till the next service, I want it fixing straight away, with my free courtesy car.

If a car is not working no matter how little a problem they get to look at it Exclamation Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #17511 9th Apr 2008 7:21 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Mine went in and Dealer said it would only take 18 minutes - one hour later they told me they'd encountered a problem and needed more time so they let me have a courtesy car overnight. Next day they admitted they'd damaged the guide rail and had to order a new one - which they then fitted a week later.

They did say mine was the first one they'd attempted and the Land Rover instructions were no help. At least they fixed it second time round and gave me a nicely valeted vehicle back for my troubles.

Post #17533 9th Apr 2008 9:33 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

We got our letter this week so we'll be chasing Armstrong Massey next week at some point. No rush but I'll have the fuel gauge and rusty towbar looked at, at the same time. I'm the same as npinks - I don't like faults, no matter how minor (and these are very minor) - I want them sorted. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #17679 11th Apr 2008 9:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>