« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Land Rover Assist - Thank You
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
bjb134

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
Land Rover Assist - Thank You

Had to call on LR Assist for the first time today.

Car dropped into Reduced Engine Performance on the A1 as it has done three times before. This time however stopping the car and restarting did not clear it.

Last times the LR dealer said that they could only do a definite diagnosis if the car was actually running with the fault ongoing. So pulled into Bawtry Services ,left the engine running and called LR Assist.

35 minutes later the grey discovery turned up and 'Chris' got to work. Full diagnosis and a fault sheet to give to the dealer and all faults cleared. On my way in 20 minutes.

Can only hope I get anything like as good a service from dealer tomorrow (not holding my breath though)

Can't praise LR Assist too much. Thanks

Bryan

Post #170344 3rd Feb 2013 7:41 pm
Kal-El

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Agreed Thumbs Up

They were very helpful when my motor chose a bad moment to breakdown just before the recent cold snap. Here is the topic:

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic14269.html 60 plate SD4 XS, Stornoway Grey, Arm rest pack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly--gT1RJdk

Post #170350 3rd Feb 2013 8:09 pm
gstd4-e

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

Ditto Thumbs Up A Land Rover owner since 1988

From a 1974 series III to a 12MY XS FL2 with help of a 1995 D1, 1996 D1, 2005 D3, 2007 D3 and a 2009 FL2.

Post #170351 3rd Feb 2013 8:14 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I never ever saw a LAN rover assistance guy with my previous new motors, always some cow boy form a local garage!

Post #170353 3rd Feb 2013 8:27 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Had Chris come out to mine a few months ago - he was absolutely brilliant. He also mentioned that some of the Dealers don't like him and his colleagues for some reason!

Post #170358 3rd Feb 2013 8:58 pm
Hunter1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Hi
Just wondered where you had last filled up, mine did this a few weeks ago and when I rang TVLR the 1st question I was asked was did you fill up was it at Morrisons or Asda? Well usually not but as it had been over Christmas I hadn't been at work so unable to fill up at Esso so closest place was one of the said supermarkets, but only put £30 in luckily.

Anyway apparently Land Rover have issued a bulletin about this as some really cheap fuel on the market which is causing problems, less additives I suppose as it was cold that day suppose maybe waxing of some sort.

They have been told if car is under warranty (mine is well out) to take details of last fill up and feed back to Land Rover. They advised to put some premium fuel in, which I did and it has been fine since! Current 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Black 2016 Onwards
Previous 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Sumatra black 2007 - 2016 Gone but never forgotten!

Post #170379 3rd Feb 2013 10:17 pm
bjb134

I always use premium diesel to fill up. Usually Shell or BP. I had filled up with BP premium at the start of my journey today and the problem occurred after 65 miles. After LR Assist cleared the faults the car behaved perfectly on the way home. Never did make it to my sons in warwickshire.

Bryan

Post #170389 3rd Feb 2013 11:05 pm
bjb134

rchrdleigh wrote:
Had Chris come out to mine a few months ago - he was absolutely brilliant. He also mentioned that some of the Dealers don't like him and his colleagues for some reason!

This was the impression that the dealer gave me yesterday when the car went in.

The fault breakdown report confirmed that an update was required LTB 00237. When the dealer read this he said that this has been done the last time it was in for the same fault and i quote ' these mobile men sometimes just say things to get you on your way'.

Anyhow I have a Hyundai loan from Landrover Assist (diesel but not auto) so will now wait for dealer to have another go at the same problem.

Bryan

Post #170602 5th Feb 2013 10:42 am
bjb134

Just checked with the dealer and they admitted that the mechanic had just found out that the update had not been applied last time the car was in for this problem.

They are going to install it this afternoon, keep the car overnight, test tomorrow and so should get it back tomorrow.

The problem then will be a familiar one to a lot of you. Driving the car and waiting for the problem to possibly raise itself again.

Bryan

Post #170625 5th Feb 2013 3:43 pm
bjb134

Software was downloaded, car taken on test run and Reduced Engine Performance state came up and stayed on.

Dealer now looking at Turbo, Turbo actuator and Turbo solenoid. This is what Alex the Freelander wizard suggested a long time ago.

Bryan

Post #170730 6th Feb 2013 2:32 pm
bjb134

Turbo actuator faulty, now on order. Might be here tomorrow hopefully(?)

Bryan

Post #170751 6th Feb 2013 6:38 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

Bryan,
I had same guy out as you (Chris) Laughing , around 2 weeks ago, due to reduced engine light. He read codes, was a clogged fuel filter. Only charged me £42. A1 now.
Even though I have Landrover used warranty, fuel filter not covered by going the dealer route. They wanted £120 to have a look, to tell me it was not a warranty repair. Then would have been extra labour on top of that, plus the cost of the filter. Pleased I thought about using Landrover assist first Thumbs Up Very pleased with the service Thumbs Up
Hope you get sorted. Landy has now gone.

Post #170781 7th Feb 2013 12:21 am
bjb134

Will post results when solved.

Using Chris was like car repairs of old when you talked to the mechanic directly and understood what was being done. At the main dealer you seem to hand your car over to an 'impersonal machine' which does this and that to the car and at the end you get someone else reading from a bit of paper. Am I showing my age?

Slight change of topic. I assume you are a 'Boro fan. Hows your team doing?

Bryan

Post #170798 7th Feb 2013 10:03 am
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

Bryan.
The dealers are quick enough to take your cash though Laughing
Yes I am a bit of a Boro fan, not a season ticket holder, but do get to a few games every season. We're doing OK, 6th place at mo. Could be better. If we stay in play off position by end of the season, I would be happy. Happy with the current manager.

Having an intermittent issue with the drivers side window now. Wont go up or down, just clicks when you press the button. My guess, it won't be covered under Landrovers used car warranty Laughing That's 4 probs in 3 weeks, doing well Thumbs Up
Just rang dealers, said it has to be a continious fault for them to make a warranty claim. They'd be happy to have a look if I paid, also tried to talk me into a fuel treatment whilst I was on the phone. No thanks my answer Laughing Landy has now gone.

Post #170818 7th Feb 2013 4:07 pm
bjb134

Car back home and seems to ok (so far).

Turbo Actuator was faulty but Land Rover no longer do a replacement just for this part, so a new complete turbo unit has been fitted.

The final question is how long will it take me to stop waiting for the Reduced Engine Performance message to come up.

Bryan

Post #170835 7th Feb 2013 6:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>