« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Drivers window
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
Drivers window

Hi all, has anyone had any problems with their drivers window not working correctly?
Yesturday I pressed the drivers window switch and it went down but stopped 2 thirds the way down. Went to put it up again but the one touch for up wouldnt work so had to hold it on untill window was fully up.
Today all worked ok but then stopped just over half way down. Now the window wouldnt go up or down, there was just the sound of the relay click with each command.
Tried locking the doors and holding the lock button, all other windows worked fine but not the drivers window.
After about half an hour playing with it I pushed the window down about 2 inches and then tried the window switch in the up direection and it went up normaly. So for now ive left the window closed. Any ideas anyone? Anyone had this happen to them and what was the fix? Regards Darren

Post #168195 20th Jan 2013 10:37 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sounds like a bit of grit or something in the window channels, try cleaning out and lube with silicone

One touch is activated by fully winding up window and keeping hold of the switch till you hear a dull click a few secs later Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #168197 20th Jan 2013 10:41 am
Boroboy

United Kingdom 
Re: Drivers window

Unnecessary quote removed

Yep had same prob today. Tried drivers side window 3 times, would not go up or down. All others worked OK. Half an hour later back to normal.
Will keep an eye on it. My used warrnty runs out at the end of Feb, that's if it's covered? Fuel filter wasn't Laughing Landy has now gone.

Post #168286 20th Jan 2013 7:56 pm
superspark

I would like to get the door pannel of and check all the connections but I just havent had the time as been so busy.
Ive had the car on the diagnostics meter today but there are no fault codes stored. I then tried a window rest with the meter but the front one wouldnt work.
On testing to outputs from the switches they all came back as ok for up operation and down operation. relay was ok and the drivers side door modual came back as a pass "no faults detected".
overall acording to the meter all commands sent to the drivers door modual passed except the bloody window would not go up or down.
This makes me think if the connections are a little corroded or loose.

Post #168297 20th Jan 2013 8:49 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

Wonder if it will be covered under my Landy's used car warranty? Only prob it's an intermittent fault with no codes stored. Usual answer, it'll be £100 to have a look Laughing No thanks Laughing
With my window, was a couple of mm movement up or down. Felt like it was sticking. Rather than no power there. Landy has now gone.

Post #168303 20th Jan 2013 9:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

@ boroboy

Please stop using the quote button to reply to the post previously prior to yours, there is a perfectly good REPLY button to use that does not repeat everything previously written Exclamation Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #168305 20th Jan 2013 10:07 pm
Boroboy

United Kingdom 

OK. Will do. Landy has now gone.

Post #168322 20th Jan 2013 11:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thank you. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #168327 21st Jan 2013 12:23 am
superspark

update re drivers window

As I was sort for time I decided to take the car to a local LR dealer and told the the problem with the window. Left the car with them and a few hours later they phoned to say the car was ready.
On collecting the car they told me they couldnt find anything wrong so they just reset the window and said it will be fine.
They also said I could of reset it myself as it tells you how to do it in the hand book.
I tried to tell their machanic that I tried this and that the bloody window would not go up or down, it was like talking to a brick wall.
After having the car back home, the same night I was out and lowered to window to chat with some. Oh dear, big mistake, window wouldnt go back up,down or do anything. Censored 11 iles from home,it started to rain heavy, not Censored amused. Got the window frame sealed up now with plastic.
Sone as I get time I will strip it down my self, find the fault repair it and go tell them what I think. They must be a load of brain dead monkeys. Banging Head

Post #169315 27th Jan 2013 9:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1