« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Led Sidelight Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JustChillin

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver
Led Sidelight Problem

Hi there, am new to the forum as have just ventured into the Landrover brand for the first time (2007 HSE Zermatt Silver Freelander 2) Wow quite a piece of kit Thumbs Up Anyway decided to upgrade the sidelights to led`s like so many have on here already, drivers side changed over fine and all working.

Done the same to passenger side but led bulb flickered briefly then went out, tryed changed round (Polarity) still nothing, so put back the orignal 501/w5w bulb back in and this did`nt light up either but was working before, so now have no nearside sidelight working at all.

Is there an easy fix, or have i Censored up something, the led`s i am trying to use are the Canbus Error free ones as recommended from a link on the forum ebay/fissmo any ideas would be much appriciated, or is it a trip to the dealers??? Big Cry

Post #165261 23rd Dec 2012 11:14 pm
taztastic

England 

Have you checked fuses, connections etc?
That would be first port of call well before the dealers are involved Thumbs Up

Post #165263 23rd Dec 2012 11:33 pm
ad210358

England 

Try a Hard Reset that should get the light back, I know of others that have had this happen, but it has also been known to appear again after a while when you put the LED lamp back in, thought to be a certain type of LED light, seems to happen with a later type, but not an earlier type but not sure what the difference is. I have known others that have had this with the sidelight LEDs that have 8 LEDs in the lamp if it helps.

Post #165264 23rd Dec 2012 11:35 pm
JustChillin

Hi Taz & Ad21, thanks for such a quick response, as for the fuses are there any for the sidelights as can`t seem to find any located in the handbook?? and have read something about a F.E.T system for them not sure what all that is about??

Also not to sure how to go about a "Hard Reset" any advice here would be great cheers............ Thumbs Up

Post #165265 23rd Dec 2012 11:57 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Hi
The hard reset that has been mentioned is to disconnect the battery, (both connections), touch them together briefly, go inside have a cup of tea/coffee, (or just wait 10 or 15 minutes), then reconnect the battery. You'll have to reset the electric windows but the radio should be fine.
Just to say that I've had 2 types of LED in my 2007 FL2 with no problems (other than an MOT tester who thought they were a little too cold/blue against the Nightbreakers I'm using for the headlamps).

Post #165266 24th Dec 2012 12:11 am
ad210358

England 

I have the Blueish ones that you had Bossbob, no problems but I know of others that have purchased some of the later type with more LEDS and they have caused the circuit to fail after a while, Hard Reset and the circuit returns, after a few weeks fails again, Hard Reset put the Blueish ones back in and no more problems. Thumbs Up

Post #165267 24th Dec 2012 12:28 am
JST

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black

When you plug the lead back into the headlight socket after changing the bulb it is quite easy to bend a terminal that does not then connect. Try unplugging the socket, check the pins in the plug, straighten out any bent ones and see if it helps. John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One
Triumph Rocket 111 (sadly gone!)

Post #165278 24th Dec 2012 11:09 am
JustChillin

Smile Thanks JST, good tip will have a go at this over the festive period and post some results, but now its nearly time for some Christmas lunch [b]YUM YUM so just to wish you a very Merry Christmas & thanks for the tip Thumbs Up

Post #165379 25th Dec 2012 1:38 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

FET = Field Effect Transistor Thumbs Up Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #165393 25th Dec 2012 8:28 pm
JustChillin

Success

Very Happy Hi there having now been out to have a fiddle with the faulty nearside side light it is now working again in all its LED glory yippee Very Happy What i did was first check the voltage and there was only 10.4 volts at the headlamp (quite low) so traced wiring through disconnected and cleaned up all connections re-connected and now all is bright Very Happy

Thankyou all very much for all your helpful tips and suggestions was really much appriciated

"Freel2.com said let there be light and there now is ha ha" Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #165592 29th Dec 2012 2:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1