« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > reliability??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stuartp

United Kingdom 
reliability??

I was just wondering how the owners of their new FL2 are findings its reliability after the legend of the original being so bad in this department??

I know when ever you speak to the dealers they go on about it being built alongside the Jags in a state of the art factory but this does not guarantee its reliability.
So as I said at first a wonder how the FL2 that have been on (and off) the road since December are fairing?
I am coming from a Toyota RAV T180 (had two one from Sept, that was replaced in Dec that has gone back now as well) and that was not a good car to have in a shower as it leaked like a sieve, so even the so called most reliably manufacturers have their bad days!
Question

Post #1619 11th Feb 2007 5:27 pm
qzx372

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

My SE has done just under 1000 miles. It has been back twice. First time because of a poor PDI (I guess). The park distance control module wasn't working. The LHS rear entertainment switch unit was faulty and a couple of rattles/creaks.

It went back a second time for creaks, squeaks and rattles that weren't fixed first time. Mainly, rear offside. Seems that something under the wheel arch protector was routed incorrectly. It was fixed OK though. However, the creaking sound may be coming back - I am keeping an ear on it!

Apart from that no mechanical problems to report. Feels very solidly built. Good drive. Fuel consumption not so good though. Struggling to get above 30 mpg in mixed driving - no long faat dual carriageway/ motorway work. Mainly rural A, B and C roads.

Post #1622 11th Feb 2007 7:56 pm
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

Mine has just completed 1250 miles in the four weeks since I took delivery. Everything has worked perfectly from the start with no reason to visit my dealer. I enjoy driving the car which seems solidly built and rides smoothly on rutted country roads. Fuel consumption could be better, it has varied from about 36 to 33mpg, mainly on 5th gear rural roads, with occasional dual carriageway where I can get into 6th. The parking sensors are a godsend! Smile

Post #1624 11th Feb 2007 8:57 pm
stu

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Yea i have a big issue with fuel consumption as well mine has only done 300miles but on my short trip to work (3miles) im only getting 23mpg! even on longer runs the most ive had is about 30mpg I just hope that it gets better with more miles because ive had a m3 and cayman s before and they were producing about the same mpg!!!!

Post #1625 11th Feb 2007 11:52 pm
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

My 2004 RAV 4 never did less than 42mpg and I believe the latest 2.2 litre RAV is even better!
I still prefer the FL2 but would like it to be more economical on fuel.

Post #1626 12th Feb 2007 12:00 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I've owned my FL2 for 3 weeks, had use of it for 2 weeks (1 week off the road waiting for parts) in that time I've covered 1800 miles. The main reason the car was off the road was waiting for parts to fix hydraulic fluid leak from the clutch mechanism; though there were also a couple of electrical issues (radio and traction control warnings).

As for fuel consumption, its probably about what I was expecting. I've completed some motorway runs where I've seen it around 37-38mpg, while around town seeing about 31-32mpg. The computer seems quite accurate though its early days yet. I keep full to full records of fuel consumption which will give a more accurate fiugre as the weeks pass by.

Post #1627 12th Feb 2007 8:39 am
Scottie

Scotland 

had mines since launch. No real problems yet as such the radio has a funny way of working or not sometimes but not enough to bug me yet. re MPG not to bad in the 30's.

Have done a wee bit more towing with the car at the weekend in our Caravan and I have to say forget 6th gear unless going down hill and 5th for on the flat. Fiona

Post #1628 12th Feb 2007 10:17 am
stuartp

United Kingdom 

John-Boy wrote:
My 2004 RAV 4 never did less than 42mpg and I believe the latest 2.2 litre RAV is even better!
I still prefer the FL2 but would like it to be more economical on fuel.

The 06 RAV T180 is not to good on MPG ,the two that i had never did more than 31 MPG and they were meant to be doing 40?,and taliking to other T180 owners they get the same,so maybe these figures have to be taken with a pinch of salt ?

Post #1629 12th Feb 2007 10:53 am
ej

England 

I have had mine three weeks now and no problems to report I am getting between 32 to 37 mpg Great motor!!

Post #1631 12th Feb 2007 7:43 pm
ledzep

Belgium 

Creaks, squeaks and rattles

I have done around 1200 miles now. Last Thursday we had some fairly heavy snowfall in Belgium so I had the occasion to test terrain response. Since then I also hear creaks at the rear left side Question (it's not easy to locate the exact spot when you’re driving). The creaks are only heard when accelerating, when hitting the breaks or when turning corners. Thanks for the tip qzx372, I will have this checked asap.

Post #1632 12th Feb 2007 8:48 pm
qzx372

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Ledzep,

Exactly what mine was doing. Almost as though some sort of strain was being released each time it creaked. It did it on acceleration and braking but also for no apparent reason i.e. when cresting a small hump in the road. Luckily the offending components seem to have been identified early by the dealer.

Let us know how you go on.

Post #1643 14th Feb 2007 5:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1