Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > SUNROOF RECALL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

I ask my dealer yesturday if it was safe to use the sunroof in the meantime as i open mine whenever its sunny

He said he hadn't been told that it wasn't to be opened

Think I'll play it safe and not use it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14751 26th Feb 2008 11:49 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Well I'll keep using mine and let you know what carnage I cause Rolling with laughter

Maybe mine was already reworked before I picked it up last week.

Will pop into the dealer at some point and ask.

Post #14753 26th Feb 2008 11:51 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

rover60 wrote:
Mine is jul 07 had a service recall last week for sunroof I called them and they said not to bring it in as they done one on fri and they broke the sunroof and were waiting to hear from land rover technical so they had someones fl2 in the workshop with a broken sunroof and could not give it back as it was not secure just waiting to hear from them

Rolling Eyes I got the Norwegian sunroof fix recall today Neutral Just hope I don't have all the problems that some of you guys in the UK have had when it goes in for its fix at the dealers Whistle

The only explanation on the recall note, was that quote " ...there has been found a limited number of vehicles that can have a fault with the sunroof opening mechanism on Freelander 2, dependent on the chassis number." unquote. Yawn So if this is the same problem that has already been discussed here earlier, they are not giving away very much info to the owners who don't ask Rolling Eyes I will however want a full explanation and will of course post you the results later if necessary Whistle

Andy 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #15175 4th Mar 2008 7:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i rang LR myself, and yes it needs it, but i have had no letter yet Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15179 4th Mar 2008 7:28 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Ooops, I hadn't really noticed this thread before posting a thread on this under "Technical".

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1640.html

Sorry. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #15181 4th Mar 2008 7:32 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

look like evry fl2 with a sunroof needs doing and LR can't produce the part quick enough Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15182 4th Mar 2008 7:34 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Booked mine in for the sunroof recall next Monday. I haven't had a letter from LR yet but the garage says it needs to be done, as well as a whole load of software updates.

waaxh03

Post #15183 4th Mar 2008 8:24 pm
edh

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

I pick my new HSE up next Wed (12th). Do you think that Landrover will still be sending new cars out with this fault or will they have had the blindingly obvious sense to have sorted this out pre delivery. It seems like a depressing thought that something not even delivered will have to go back in soon after I get hold of it. Sad
The only recall notice I've found online is one for Oz which says it applies to all 07 and 08 models

Post #15202 5th Mar 2008 7:16 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Done a quick search on the internet but can't find any official notice for the recall Confused ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #15203 5th Mar 2008 7:24 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

As this isn't a safety related issue (ie nobody has been killed, no exploding cars etc that sort of thing) then the Dept for Transport won't issue a UK recall - what it appears to be is a manufacturers in "service recall" that if you don't take the car in for a service then the remedial action won't get done - it is one of those things that you have to be in the know about to get it done out-with a normal service. It's also one of those things that those who buy 2-3yr old cars need to whach out for with cars that have not been serviced by a Land Rover dealer.

Similar things have been the gas tailgate struts on both the RRS and D3 and the tow hitches on certain disco3's, some early RRsports not having the fuel burning heater fitted (my last one was subject to that one) How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 8th Mar 2008 10:15 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #15204 5th Mar 2008 7:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Well I have got mine booked in for this Friday Thumbs Up However when booking the appointment I enquired about how severe this problem was, but at the same time not letting on I had heard about it on this forum Twisted Evil I was answered that "this was just an improvement campaign that Land Rover was running at the moment Yawn " OK me says "what about the sunroofs parting company with their owners on the German autobahn" Whistle to which I received a snigger and a laugh and "no, no, its just two clips that need fitting to make sure the sunroof closes correctly. It will only take between 1 and 1.5 hours to fix". Rolling Eyes

So according to my dealer/service station, it is not a serious error and it will only take a short time to fix. I am not too sure if this was just a non-informative reply or a real cover up? Anyway I will know the day after tomorrow I guess, and hope I don't experience the problems that some of you guys have had. Neutral 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #15206 5th Mar 2008 8:11 pm
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hello all

Two weeks ago I had my sunroof water channels repaired - new tubes and routing after it leaked above the driver's A pillar. The local dealer also fitted extra 2 clips to the sunroof as LRA told them it was essential. All seems to work OK. Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #15223 6th Mar 2008 9:47 am
MikeG

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black

The first indication I got of a problem was a wet arm as water dripped from the A pillar.

Dealer had it in the next day for an hour to "fit clips, and refit a drain tube".

It hasn't rained since - so I have no idea if it's fixed.

The dealer experience so far is poor, so I await the next shower . .

Post #15273 6th Mar 2008 8:10 pm
Kangy

Australia 

There has been a sunroof recall in Australia.

I have been driving in heavy rain storms with no problems.

Got the phone call from the dealer to bring in for the extra clips and drain tubes,

Took about 2hrs to install.

Nice to know been looked after by Land Rover.

Post #15347 8th Mar 2008 2:09 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

MikeG wrote:
It hasn't rained since - so I have no idea if it's fixed. . .

Should get a good test this weekend then with hurricanes/ typhoons and flooding forecast for Sunday/ Monday! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #15357 8th Mar 2008 10:19 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>