Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Parking sensors Issues. (was in new parking sensor kit)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

Parking sensors Issues. (was in new parking sensor kit)

dunroof wrote:
you can get a garage to do this for you - they will enable it.

Just don't ask a Swiss LR Official Dealer's Service Department to do this Evil or Very Mad

They had a go at enabling the front parking sensors. They had the FL2 for four full days.

Initially after they plugged in their computer to reprogramme the CCF and failed they took out the front sensors and fitted them into the rear to see if all of them functioned - they worked okay. Why remove them from the front bumper, they could have checked them in situ.

So they then assumed that it was a fault in the wiring loom from front to ECU - no fault found. So they moved onto the centre console FPDC switch - no fault found.

Next they said that it must be the ECU and ordered a new one which arrived the following day - that did not improve matters and the original ECU was certified as being fully functional.

So they moved back to the CCF and played - yes played - with their diagnostics again throughout the fourth day without success. In the afternoon of that fourth day and after many telephone conversations with LR Switzerland's finest technicians my local LR Dealer pronounced that it was the fault of their diagnostic computer and they needed a new one, and, they will contact me again to do the job.

That was back in April. To date I have had no communication from them whatsoever re having her Ladyship's FL2 back to do the job properly. And no apology for wasting 4 days of my time and for the 4 days Katharina was denied the use of her Land Rover.

To cap it all, when I reclaimed her FL2 at the end of those unbelievable four days the receptionist (wife of the garage owner) said, and I quote: "whose going to pay for all these hours of labour" to which I politely replied "certainly not me".

-oo0oo-

Apologies to Dunroof for sounding off on this subject - but the lesson of this sad episode is: ensure you place the "enabling" task in the hands of competent technicians Exclamation

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Split from original post, post detrimental to a FS&W thread are not allowed

Post #150988 13th Aug 2012 7:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1