Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Any Suggestions to Improve Basic Audio?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
muddywheels

England 
Any Suggestions to Improve Basic Audio?

I have had my FL2 just over 3 weeks now and apart from one failure to start/display reset the only other problem I have is the poor sound quality from the GS audio Exclamation

I was wondering if anyone has made imrovements to theirs i.e, added a sub woofer or changed speakers Question

I would appreciate feedback or suggestions on how to get a richer sound with more bass Very Happy

Post #8888 23rd Oct 2007 8:59 am
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Any Suggestions to Improve Basic Audio?

muddywheels wrote:
I have had my FL2 just over 3 weeks now and apart from one failure to start/display reset the only other problem I have is the poor sound quality from the GS audio Exclamation

I was wondering if anyone has made imrovements to theirs i.e, added a sub woofer or changed speakers Question

I would appreciate feedback or suggestions on how to get a richer sound with more bass Very Happy

Not done anything myself, since the FL2 I have comes with pretty desent speakers that give desent sound quality with the subwoofer.

Carlfraz has added TV and DVD to his, so his kids can watch Post Man Pat. But I don't think he did anything to the speaker system.

Post #8889 23rd Oct 2007 9:18 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Don't know what your exact problem is. My stereo in my GS sounds beautiful, Very Happy , and being an ex DJ sound quality is important to me. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #8892 23rd Oct 2007 9:40 am
muddywheels

England 

UKdave104 wrote:
Don't know what your exact problem is. My stereo in my GS sounds beautiful, Very Happy , and being an ex DJ sound quality is important to me.

I just find it lacks bass and can be a bit screechy - especialy when listening to Cd or Ipod - may be because I have had premium systems before with sub woofers Exclamation

I forgot to mention FM breaks up a lot and I have noticed only one radio element connected in boot side window - is this normal Question

Post #8896 23rd Oct 2007 11:27 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

It is normal for the boot to have just one aireal connected, I think I read once the other is a TV aireal.

I had a GS the other month, and thought the radio is not as as the SE.

I think the HSE don't sound any different to the SE aswell. even with the extra speakers and surround sound.

Can you obtain a Subwoofer and mount it in the boot, it may have all the connection wires waiting to be plugged in.

Post #8898 23rd Oct 2007 11:35 am
mountain

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

delete

Last edited by mountain on 29th Oct 2007 10:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #8900 23rd Oct 2007 1:37 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I've got the HSE and on full volume 35 MAX on the dial it is crystal clear with BRILLIANT resonse across all frequency ranges. The tone settings I have are treble 3, Bass 5 and subwoofer MAX..no distortion just lots of vibration on the body panels, and also on your right knee from the the door mounted speaker as it blows the sound waves across your leg!!!!

On the way back form Euro Disney we pulled into a deserted picnic area and I cranked up the volume to see what it sounded like from outside with windows up/ down and doors open. Again crystal clear, very load and noticed the wife leaning on the car like she does when the washing machine is on full spin.....don't know why Question but strange that she got that flushed look Embarassed on her face again after a few minutes of 'Body Rockers - I like the way move' Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Embarassed

Post #8919 23rd Oct 2007 7:14 pm
Dave

Quote:
don't know why but strange that she got that flushed look on her face again after a few minutes of 'Body Rockers - I like the way move'

Bet you forgot to take photos again didn't you Exclamation Very Happy Rolling with laughter Mr. Green ______________________
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #8922 23rd Oct 2007 7:46 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

carlfraz wrote:
'Body Rockers - I like the way move' Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Embarassed

I bet that was one of the kids cd's Question Question Question Question

How did your Elvis sound Question Question Question Question

Post #8927 23rd Oct 2007 8:28 pm
Dave

Quote:
How did your Elvis sound

For Carlfraz, I would have thought Glen Miller was more appropriate Laughing ______________________
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #8930 23rd Oct 2007 8:48 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Steady Dave, I did not spend that long with Avtur that his music choice rubbed off on me!!

As for photos of the wife, becuase she was jigging around so much, they came out blurred .....sorry!!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #8982 25th Oct 2007 1:35 pm
dovere

United States 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame
Adding a Subwoofer to LR2

Hey,

I'm looking to add the Blaupunkt Velocity2Go subwoofer to my LR2. How do I patch it into the sound system?

Is there a control box somewhere in the car?

Thanks,

RND RND

Post #14902 28th Feb 2008 7:01 pm
djhampson

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

Unfortunately there aren't any pre-out plugs on the head deck in the SE so you need to use a high-low level converter to install an amp.

I installed a 2x250w amp in my SE and noticed a huge improvement in the mid range and less distortion from the treble. I still have some scratchiness from the front right side tweeter which one day I will replace.

The other mod I have done is install a 12" Alpine sub woofer and 600w mono-block amp. This thing makes some nice noise and gets rid of any road noise.

Installing the gear is pretty easy once you get a wiring diagram so you know which wires go to which speakers. Running a 12v cable from the battery can also be challenging but removing the battery and running the lead from inside the car into the engine compartment worked for me eventually.

All in all the sound quality is good when the car is stock and pretty bloody good when you install and amp and sub. 2007 TD4 SE

Post #15008 1st Mar 2008 4:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1