« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > early my 2011 cars flatspot/hesitation on accelatation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey
early my 2011 cars flatspot/hesitation on accelatation

has any owners of early 2011 model cars got any problems with hesetation/ lack of power on acceleration had any egr issues i am on about sept 2010 registerd up to jan 2011 registerd Question rainy-city
xs

Post #148704 16th Jul 2012 12:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

mine has this issue, not sure if it is the EGR,or something to do with the position of the accelerator..

When I have time I am booking it in..
Sad

very anoying 

Post #148706 16th Jul 2012 12:13 pm
ValleyDweller

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Fuji White

BigAlf,

I assume my post (drives like a pig) potentially puts me in that category although I didn't get the car until Nov 11 and I believe it was built to order at that time so the problem isn't necessarily limited to pre-Jan 2011?

Very dissapointing after selling my children's kidneys to pay for the car.

Post #148708 16th Jul 2012 12:18 pm
bigalf1961

there is a handfull of early 2011 spk owners on here having issues mine from approx 3mts old not very happy may be a watchdog issue if there is enough of us Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #148711 16th Jul 2012 12:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
exbrat202

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

Mine was the first MY11 delivered to the dealers and had this problem after a couple of months, it went back in twice, they couldn't reproduce it either time even when I demonstrated it the second time. They saidthey'd downloaded some data to send to the R&D section but have heard nothing. Funnily enough it hasn't done for a long while but has started again in the last few weeks very occasionally to do it, normally after say changing down for a corner and accelerating away in 2nd, feels like an old fashioned petrol car flat spot. Is it just a 150ps TD4 issue? MY14 TD4 manual XS Orkney grey.

MY11 TD4 Manual XS Lago Grey, privacy glass, rear spoiler, full ebony leather,rear seat entertainment. Gone
2001/51 plate Disco TD5 GS. Gone
95 N Disco TDi300. Gone

Post #148716 16th Jul 2012 12:57 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

exbrat202 wrote:
Mine was the first MY11 delivered to the dealers and had this problem after a couple of months, it went back in twice, they couldn't reproduce it either time even when I demonstrated it the second time. They saidthey'd downloaded some data to send to the R&D section but have heard nothing. Funnily enough it hasn't done for a long while but has started again in the last few weeks very occasionally to do it, normally after say changing down for a corner and accelerating away in 2nd, feels like an old fashioned petrol car flat spot. Is it just a 150ps TD4 issue?

exactly the same for me

I have a TD2e 150ps as well 

Post #148718 16th Jul 2012 1:03 pm
bigalf1961

intresting all the cars on here having problems are manuals does this issue affect autos as well Question Question rainy-city
xs

Post #148747 16th Jul 2012 7:35 pm
GSMY11

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

I had the same issue earlier and the dealer eventually changed the egr valve on the advice of LR. It settled for a while but has started again recently. I think it happens more when the engine is hot and I have been doing more around town driving. Its most noticeable when I pull away from a roundabout and accelerate when in 2nd gear. It literally "coughs". I was going about the town on saturday and it was particularly prevalent after a while. Previously it was hesitating on the open road when accelerating but it hasnt started that yet. Can we all start writing to LR Customer Service and see whether this brings any response? I find them much more helpful than my local dealer.

Post #148749 16th Jul 2012 7:41 pm
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Badger your dealer to submit an EPQR to the technical people.
Actually DEMAND they submit an EPQR and ask to see the reply...
What are the vins affected I wonder?

Post #148750 16th Jul 2012 8:05 pm
bigalf1961

i have been in contact with l/r customer services since last year they have been very help full so far but i still have this reacuring fault witch should not be there i think that after 12mts of running back to the dealer and now 3 x egr fitted that this fault is more serious than they are letting on and its not down to fuel grade i have used both supermarket and performance fuels and the fault returns i think we need to be on a lot harder course with the dealer after all we have all paid good money for a so called prestige brand to me its a safety issue if our insurance companies found out you are driving a car which could cause you to have an accident when pulling out in traffic due to a known fault would you be insured Question rainy-city
xs

Post #148773 17th Jul 2012 5:49 am
heliosuk

I think the issue lies with the different engine and mapping of the fuel system from previous model years. I get it on mine but not all of the time. Depends on the circumstances usually.

What I have learnt is that if you can get the dealer to submit EPQR's then for some reason they get some sort of response though not always guaranteed depending on the nature of the fault.

Post #148858 18th Jul 2012 12:42 am
bigalf1961

I WOULD HAVE HOPED THAT THE DEALER WOULD HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED EPQR S AS ITS BEEN BACK SO MANY TIMES FOR THIS ISSUE IS YOURS A MANUAL OR AUTO VERSION OUT OF INTREST AS IT SEEMS TO AFFECT MOSTLEY MANUALS, rainy-city
xs

Post #148861 18th Jul 2012 5:27 am
freefrom

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Buckingham Blue

Just a thought, if you select sand mode does it still have the flat spot, if not then it may be a programming issue. 2012 MY TD4 SX Manual in very rare Buckingham Blue!

Post #148905 18th Jul 2012 3:11 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

freefrom wrote:
Just a thought, if you select sand mode does it still have the flat spot, if not then it may be a programming issue.

Tried that, symptoms persist. Sad 

Post #148917 18th Jul 2012 5:46 pm
menir1

Portugal 2011 LR2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

pcheaven wrote:
freefrom wrote:
Just a thought, if you select sand mode does it still have the flat spot, if not then it may be a programming issue.

Tried that, symptoms persist. Sad

Hello
I post, a few months ago, a similar problem with my MY2011 Free TD4 (April delivery).
I told that to my LR service when I went to the first year visit and: surprise! The car is much quicker! They told me that they updated the software of the engine management (?); true or not, the car is different.
Last month I did a chip tunning to 210HP, but I don't like the result; so I get back to the stock values; probably you (and most of the people) don't know that our machine have a standard power of 160 HP! True, but the RPM value is around 2800; at the announced 4000 RPM the power is, in fact, 150 HP Smile
Best

Post #148964 19th Jul 2012 3:42 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>