Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 150 to 190 HP chip tunning; me again with questions...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
menir1

Portugal 2011 LR2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
150 to 190 HP chip tunning; me again with questions...

Hello everyone!
This time I decide to post my question on the technical forum; the first one was on the general part, a few days ago.
The question is simple: i chip my 2011 FL2 TD4 from 150 to 200 HP and torque goes up to something around 460 Nm; the problem is that I'm not sure if this could damage my transmission and clutch, since everything increases.
I know that the 190 HP version of the FL2 is just automatic, but the Evoque have a 190 version on the 6 speed manual; I'm confused; some people said it was a terrific decision; others said that is no problem.
If some one want to see the results before the tunning and after, please see the image link (copy it to your browser address window) on my other post.
I hope someone could help me.
Thanks a lot.
Best
Miguel

Post #146558 23rd Jun 2012 8:51 pm
EYorkshire

The manual gearbox has a maximum torque design capacity of 380Nm or 280 lb ft.
The automatic gearbox has a maximum torque design capacity of 450Nm or 332 lb ft.

Because the Freely has 400Nm or 420 Nm of torque maximum as standard, 1st gear and reverse is electronically controlled to limit the torque to save the gearbox, whereas the auto can take it. I can only guess that the Evoque has its torque electronically controlled as well.
It's not as if full torque is used constantly but on the occasions where gearbox or clutch can be harmed then the 'brain' should truncate it, but having a re-map may remove this safety measure, I don't know.
On saying this, some have had re-maps and have had no problems, perhaps the design max is rated for continuous but can handle the odd occasional over torque.

Click image to enlarge

Post #146560 23rd Jun 2012 9:22 pm
menir1

Portugal 2011 LR2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

EYorkshire wrote:
The manual gearbox has a maximum torque design capacity of 380Nm or 280 lb ft.
The automatic gearbox has a maximum torque design capacity of 450Nm or 332 lb ft.

Because the Freely has 400Nm or 420 Nm of torque maximum as standard, 1st gear and reverse is electronically controlled to limit the torque to save the gearbox, whereas the auto can take it. I can only guess that the Evoque has its torque electronically controlled as well.
It's not as if full torque is used constantly but on the occasions where gearbox or clutch can be harmed then the 'brain' should truncate it, but having a re-map may remove this safety measure, I don't know.
On saying this, some have had re-maps and have had no problems, perhaps the design max is rated for continuous but can handle the odd occasional over torque.

Click image to enlarge

Dear EYorkshire
Thanks for the support; did you see my dino chart? What you think about the new configurations?
So, you are not 100% positive about the possible problems with transmission and clutch?
I need to decide if I go back to the previous HP and torque or stay with the new ones.
Best regards
Miguel

Post #146580 24th Jun 2012 12:58 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1