« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Simply Electronics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Simply Electronics

So I ordered a new smartphone online from Simply Electronics on 17 April. Their price looked good and their ads are carried on Amazon, Towsure sites, etc. A Google search for the phone I want revealed them to offer the best deal. Their estimates were: dispatch 2 to 4 working days; receipt 4 to 8 working days. Their site says "dispatched from London". OK I thought, so I ordered on line by credit card. Then, after 4 days I see my purchase is still registered as "New". ie, not addressed or dispatched. I tried calling them (0844 number) - "you are in a queue" etc. Sent email. Called again. Eventually spoke to "Donald" (in Hong Kong!). He advises "supply difficulty" but expect dispatch by 8 working days. (Meanwhile I see their site says they have 6 in stock) With the experience so far I did Google and Facebook searches for SE. Very alarmed by the results - non deliveries, late deliveries, poor communications etc, etc. I then spoke to my Credit Card customer services who advised NOT to cancel the purchase but if not received within 30 days to put in a claim. It is now 27th April & 8 working days since order (and taking my money). Still no new phone. Still their site says my order is "New" and yet they presently say they have 5 in stock! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! I will advise progress. Big Cry 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #141085 27th Apr 2012 12:45 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I had similar issue with Comet. I ordered a new laptop in the xmas sales and as none of my local Comet stores had any stock and didnt want to run the risk of it arriving when I was out I opted for the 'collect from store' option. I placed my order and was informed that the store I selected would call me on (whatever day it was) to confirm it has arrived and was ready for collection. Heard nothing on the day in question, nor the next day so tried to contact the store and couldnt find a number for them so ended up on the phone queuing for 30 minutes to speak to Customer Services. I discovered that there was a supply problem and they couldnt fulfil my order yet they had still taken my money and not refunded it!! The lady on the phone apologised and said she will process a refund but it would take upto 3 days!!!

Needless to say Comet no longer get my custom.

Cant beat going into a shop and dealing with face to face, yes you get bargains on line but when there is a problem it is a minefield.

Post #141088 27th Apr 2012 1:07 pm
dunkley201

At least Comet we know are in UK! SE infer London but are in HK! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

Post #141089 27th Apr 2012 1:10 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

You are nkt alone. Seems to be happening a lot lately.ebay is a big one for this

Post #141091 27th Apr 2012 1:20 pm
dunkley201

Amazingly, SS, I have used the 'bay a lot and (touch wood) I have never had a problem with it. I find Pay Pal works well too. Just be careful of sites that suggest they are in UK but actually are not. (especially Hong Kong) 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

Post #141108 27th Apr 2012 3:09 pm
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I was a after a 400mm Canon Lens & SE were the best price by far so I ordered one it was only when I checked later that I realised they were Hong Kong based, they certainly dont brag about it.

The lens did arrive safe eventualy, it took a little longer to deliver than anticipated, I wouldn't have bought from them if I had known they were in HK, on the other hand I am pleased I did, I got a lens at a good price.

When you receive your new phone you will forget about the problems and be pleased at what a bargain you got. What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #141116 27th Apr 2012 4:45 pm
dunkley201

Thanks Gunfa. I look forward to it! (have just emailed them to dig 'em in the ribs a bit) 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

Post #141120 27th Apr 2012 4:56 pm
dunkley201

An update to my post of 27th April: SE emailed me on 4th May:
"Apologies for the delay in shipping your goods. Having double checked with our relevant team, your order has unfortunately not been dispatched yet. Due to the high volume of orders at this time we have been slightly held back on our deliveries. We have upgraded your order to expedited delivery service at no extra cost to you as a gesture on our part to ensure minimal delays moving forward.
A dispatch confirmation email with the tracking details can be expected as soon as the order is dispatched. We do thank you in advance for your extended patience thus far.
"
On 8th May I noted on their website my order changed from "new" to "packing". Later that day I received 2 duplicate emails advising my order had been dispatched and could be expected "next working day" ie, 9th May. There were no tracking details as had been promised. No delivery 9th May. 10th May, about 11 am, DHL delivered. The package indicated it had come direct from Hong Kong to East Midlands Airport via DHL. The smartphone received was exactly as ordered, thankfully, although the box it came in had CE markings but was marked for the French market. The phone works fine, so no complaints there. Throughout this saga the SE website showed stock of my phone in varying numbers. Clearly the published stock bears no relation to what they tell their customers. Also, although the SE website says "dispatched from London" the order came from HK. It really pixxed me off that my payment was taken immediately the order was placed and delivery took 23 days! I am unlikely to use them again. 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

Post #142720 12th May 2012 7:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1