Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Armstrong Massey - York
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Armstrong Massey - York

Thought I'd give them a mention.
They've been very helpful throughout. Its an ex demo so I wasn't too concerned to see a very small stone chip in the screen on collection. I noticed it but didn't bother saying anything - some small bits are to be expected after all. The following day we got a call to say that they were sending a repairer round to fix the screen. This was totally unprompted and unexpected but very nice to see they cared even though they already had our money. They are a small independant dealer afaik and it shows in their more flexible attitude.

The car had to go back for a software update last week, which they did without issue, and lent me a nice top of the line RR Vogue to play with for the day. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #13809 2nd Feb 2008 5:43 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter I got a speeding ticket in your car Rolling with laughter

I hope they repaired the rear door (passenger side i beleive) as I saw it caved in when i was at the dealers (i don't think they had another Tambora FL2)

I got the FFRR Vogue my first time as a rental car, since then i have had basic FL2, a defender, FL1 and 2 RRS SE's

I can't fault the dealership at all, sales and service are top notch Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #13811 2nd Feb 2008 5:52 pm
jules1967

npinks wrote:
Rolling with laughter I got a speeding ticket in your car Rolling with laughter

I hope they repaired the rear door (passenger side i beleive) as I saw it caved in when i was at the dealers (i don't think they had another Tambora FL2)

Speeding ticket? It does go well doesn't it Rolling with laughter
Not sure about the door. I did ask the specific question about any damage and was assured it was as left the factory - and they did have a similar one parked up, though not as smart so hopefully it wasn't mine Rolling Eyes
In any case, if it was, they've done an excellent job. I'm pretty picky and have been over it with a fine tooth comb and I can't tell, and the price was good.

If it was I guess I could call it retribution. We agreed a value on the jeep over the phone, based on the fact that it 'was ok but not perfect'. Actually the passenger side was stoved in, the rear bumper dinted, the front wheelarch scraped, the tailgate wasn't pretty behind the wheel carrier (regularly bumped it into the garage wall), it needed a thermostat (£150!!) and the clutch wasn't going to survive another summers towing Mad ...but they didn't argue. 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #13998 6th Feb 2008 12:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I can't comment on the trading service, my car was a write off prior to purchasing the FL2,

I put the speeding ticket down to the block in the Van been jelious of the FL2 as i was just over the limit and the fact he couldn't miss a bright orange car Twisted Evil

Did you knotice if your car had the "demostrator" signs all over it as the one that was dented was going without a set of stickers on one side.

Even though, they will have done a grand job, I had my bumper resprayd due to a few dings when i collected it and they did a perfect job, until the laquer decided to peel very slightly near a edge.

I hope the wife take more car over the FL2 than the Jeep, you just painted a picture of something off scrap heap challange when describing it Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

PS What you been towing ? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14001 6th Feb 2008 12:57 pm
jules1967

It did have stickers down it so it may be - but hey if the paintwork plays up in the next couple of years I'll be straight back down there. It all looks showroom at the moment. In fact there's no so much as a supermarket ding or a stone chip on it.

Should be ok though. I used to have a yr2000 Model Merc E class rust mobile Rolling Eyes so I'm an expert on main dealer bodywork. It's generally pretty good.

The Mrs went through a bad patch over a 6 week period. Just kept hitting stuff. Flattened a security post I'd just installed on the drive, took out a fence in Wetherby, backed into a wheelibin etc. That and the garage entry is a bit dog leg, requiring you to swing the front end in behind the wall at the last second before the back hits the wall and I must admit that I have clipped the post a couple of times. She won't park the FL in the garage at all. Insists I do it - which I do VERY carefully!

She's normally very good, just had an off month. So I looked at that lot, added in the fact that the clutch was going and was wondering about whether it was time to think about changing, Then I took it out and noticed that over 40 miles it didn't fully warm up. Tried to get a theromostat, thinking £10 from the local spares shop and discovered that on a jeep it isn't that simple. So, enough was enough, we'd had the Jeep 5 years anyway and she'd fallen in love with the fl2. And when the mrs has her heart set on something ... Razz

She's got this big useless lump of fur she calls a horse which for some reason needs transporting around. Hence the towing. We've not towed with the fl yet as the horse hasn't been well so we have that pleasure to come.

This was one of the reasons for going for this particular car . Sometimes a car perfectly fits the requirements and this one was spot on. The right colour, very good spec and as a clincher, had a towbar already fitted - something I expected to have to find another £4-500 for. On top of that, we wanted one with higher mileage. She does around 6k pa so 17k on a 12 monther is nothing and it makes the car a little bit cheaper. As the FL is a lot more than the equivalent jeep, I needed to find savings wherever I could. Big Cry 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #14003 6th Feb 2008 3:22 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

she'll (both the car and the Mrs) will tow the horse box easy.

6th Gear is a little high on inclines, but i forget i have caravan on the back when am on a flat open road Smile

Its a nice choice of car and from what you say the right choise for your needs Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #14004 6th Feb 2008 3:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1