Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Condensation in the headlights?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stevebrealey

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
Condensation in the headlights?

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed conensation inside the headlights? I'm hoping it's just down to the awful weather... and not a trip to the dealers!

The car hasn't even been offroad, never mind wading. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen.

Post #13394 21st Jan 2008 8:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shar

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Hi there , no condensation in my headlights .....

Post #13395 21st Jan 2008 8:52 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

haven't seen any in mine,

Drive with them switched on and it should evaporate,

I think i once read they have Gore-Tex seals so water should be able to escape Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #13396 21st Jan 2008 9:24 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

None in mine. Guess it's a warranty issue.

Post #13411 22nd Jan 2008 1:19 pm
mjb

Germany 

Condensation in the headlights is not good, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be water sealed. - Mike

Post #13412 22nd Jan 2008 2:23 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I got a little bit, a while back, but it soon went away.

I guess with the goretex membrane, it will allow it to dry, should any get in.

May be worth mentioning to the dealer, just in case though

Rich

Post #13421 22nd Jan 2008 6:17 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
rear

No, not in the headlights, but I did get condensation in the o/s rear light cluster, soon after I took delivery of vehicle. It then took several days to evaporate. I mentioned it to the dealer who thought it may have been caused by some over-enthusiastic power-washing by them, when preparing the vehicle for me! Rolling Eyes

The condensation has not recurred Smile
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #13430 23rd Jan 2008 1:00 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

I had cond. in rear light, booked car in (Nov/07) found no problem, not seen the problem since
David! David

Post #13434 23rd Jan 2008 10:24 am
Saskboy

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I had the same problem with some condensation in both the headlight and tail light assemblies. Emailed Landrover Canada and received this response :
Thank you for contacting Land Rover Canada.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. My name is Pianca and I will be more then happy to assist you.

Some condensation in the head lights and tail lights is normal, especially with the constant change in temperatures. If you feel that the condensation in the assemblies are becoming excessive, please contact your local retailer for an appointment for inspection.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Pianca Vazquez
Land Rover Canada

Post #13742 1st Feb 2008 2:20 am
tonyjones1968

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Narvik Black

Ive got some condensation in my os.r lamp unit too! have contacted my dealer and they have said that they have changed a few so far and I will be booking mine in shortly for it to be replaced and they will refit the lamp grill too!

Post #13780 1st Feb 2008 10:42 pm
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Powerwashed (carefully) my XS on Friday as I do every week; last week condensation appeared in both rear light clusters and front wrap around indicators. Condensation disappeared from both rear clusters over weekend but reappeared in O/S cluster last night. Still traces in front indicators. Looks sh!te. Going in for first service in couple of weeks so I'll be e-mailing photos of leaking lamps beforehand for dealer to see so he can order new lamps to be fitted during service, not making two trips. Why there's a silly Goretex seal I don't know - can't they design a watertight rubber seal???? Not very confidence inpsiring regrading longevity. Loooks like another gimmick that's backfired a la silly start button and useless auto wipers. The LR reply in this thread is a fob off; we know they leak but we're not going to replace them unless you scream loud enough. Condensation in lamps is not normal - if excessive will constitute an MOT failure.

Post #13964 5th Feb 2008 1:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I power wash my car on a regular basis and have never got any condensation. Smile

I think the gore-tex seal is a good idea as the one of the most versatile waterproof fabrics made.

It would allow the seal to breath and i presume if fitted correctly allow condensation to escape due to its characteristics and breathability

But still they should be sealed enough not to allow the water in in the first place.

I don't have a problem with the start button i think it works well, everytime i press it starts my car what more does it have to do Question

Though I know the auto wipers have a mind of their own just like the auto lights, been on in the full midday sunshine just because i drove under a large shaddow or tunnel/bridge Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #13965 5th Feb 2008 2:11 pm
jules1967

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I had a little condensation in one light on delivery but it's gone now. Probably power washing as has been said. Jst run it with the lights on for a wee while and it should be fine.
Yes, I think the start button is a bit of a gimmick and not using the car every day I find it a pain with 2 actions to start it rather than one, but it all adds to the character.
Auto wipers on the whole are excellent as an idea. The ones on the merc are brilliant and I've no reason to think they are any less so on the fl. In fact you have a sensitivity adjuster which I don't. They do take a bit of getting used to though and are far from infallable as are the auto lights (something else I've had on the merc for several years and am glad to see on the fl).
Ok they don't work perfectly but every time you go into a tunnel the lights are one less thing to think about, and every time you pass a truck in light rain, I'm glad to see the wipers jump into action without me doing anything. They take a short while to get used to but, after 8 years with auto wipers and 3 with auto lights, I would reject a car now that didn't have these features. Give it time.

Out of curiosty, on the FL, if you have the wipers and lights on auto and it starts to rain, does it put the headlights on automatically when the wiper fire up? (merc does and I think it's a brilliant safety feature). 07 Freelander 2 TD4SE Tambora Flame, side steps, privacy glass, mud flaps, boot liner and a tow bar. Ok it's the Wifes but she lets me drive it occasionally - if I've been good!

Post #13974 5th Feb 2008 7:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1