« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Site News & Feedback > New forum section
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey
New forum section

How about adding a "dealer bids" section where members can post what work they need doing (eg a service / new clutch Laughing ) and where they are in the country. Local dealers can then bid their best price to win the business. Genius or what?

Post #131880 14th Feb 2012 1:02 am
WarriorBez

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black
Re: New forum section

mojo wrote:
How about adding a "dealer bids" section where members can post what work they need doing (eg a service / new clutch Laughing ) and where they are in the country. Local dealers can then bid their best price to win the business. Genius or what?

Sounds good to me Thumbs Up

Let's turn the tables and get the stealerships to beg for the work! Sorry meant to say "bids" for the work! Wink Black FL2
L200 Warrior

Post #131882 14th Feb 2012 1:09 am
athelstan

Rolling with laughter Dream on Boys - Dealers openly bidding for service & repair work Rolling with laughter

Post #131886 14th Feb 2012 7:49 am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

i think it would require every dealer to then become a sponsor, and visit this forum quite abit, not sure if that many dealers visit the forums or not Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #131895 14th Feb 2012 9:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

isn't there a website that does something like that Question

But agree, they would need a person checking it everyday and bidding their price, but then why should martin allow this without sponsorship

i think the current setup is good enough, i'm sure the good rep the current sponsors receive is worth the sponsorship alone and the sales are a bonus Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #131909 14th Feb 2012 10:38 am
mojo

It's been done for car buying, not servicing etc.. Sounds like a potential money spinner with the right setup. Perhaps I'll look into it myself! One day Rodney we'll be millionaires!

Post #131912 14th Feb 2012 11:05 am
Lookers Park Royal

Sounds like a great idea! Thumbs Up

As mentioned, it probably needs a few more dealers than just Dan and I to make it work.

James Thumbs Up

Post #131929 14th Feb 2012 12:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EYorkshire

I don't see the problem Confused
Why don't our two dealer site sponsors just drop their servicing prices to something more realistic for members, then as the word spreads this site will benefit from more signing up and the sponsors from more business. Admittedly it will be from the surrounding area but good servicing prices will lead to further customer parts and sales interest.
If you want our business then give us a 'carrot'.

Post #131935 14th Feb 2012 1:22 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I think its a great idea too but how many dealers will rise to the occation ???? It will take many to get good deals.
I suppose if they were to join up with this site then when a dealer sells a new car etc they could then advertise the fact to their new customer this site as the place to be if they want to get a great deals on servicing etc etc where ever the customers live. Im betting they would then get more work and sales in the long run.
Wouldnt it be nice if I could look online on this site, find what work I wanted doing ie clutch, towbar or or full service etc, then go to the nearest LR dealer quoting fl2 site and know im getting the very best price. Wishfull thinking????? or soon to be reality Bow down

Post #131992 14th Feb 2012 6:00 pm
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 14th Feb 2013 7:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #132020 14th Feb 2012 7:49 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

They might be able to give a price for basic standard service operations, but when it comes to faults and parts required repairs they tend to want to see the vehicle so they know exactly whats required then tell you how much, even then sometimes they will give you a price and then contact you later to say whilst they were fixing the gearbox they noticed you need a new engine too, so thats one quote out of the window.
Of course the best option is for the manufacturer to offer full parts and labour and servicing for the life you own the car, might come eventually but it wont be Land Rover Im sure. Probably on a Kia Surprise maybe Rolling Eyes

Post #132769 19th Feb 2012 4:03 pm
mojo

Agree it would be difficult for complex work, but dealers could bid for servicing. The frankly ridiculous servicing costs for the freelander should be challenged by owners, unless you like being ripped off. There is no way a service is worth over £500 on any car, ever, it's just taking the mick out of the car owner. Such high servicing costs are so shortsighted on the part of the dealer as I am sure people go elsewhere post warranty. Alternatively, they could charge a reasonable price and guarantee repeat custom.

Post #132808 19th Feb 2012 11:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1