Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > SMUG LOOK ON MY FACE……….
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

wiggy wrote:
I am a 17 year paramedic in Lincolnshire ... I'll be able to get to station to pick the ambulance up.... But won't be able to get to you if you call 999 in my merc Sprinter !

Haven't EMAS put winter tyres on all vans?

It's good that people off er to help out in poor weather conditions but there is no need for those vehicles/drivers to pretend to be emergency vehicles by lighting them up like a christmas tree and distracting other drivers.

Post #130641 5th Feb 2012 8:26 am
wiggy

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Yep hey have. There's a little red sicker on windscreen saying winter tyres fitted.
I spoke to a couple of lads this morning, some of the back roads are really bad.

Post #130642 5th Feb 2012 9:22 am
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

MikeM46 wrote:
Researching winter tyres for replacement Passat estate being picked up 22 feb Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Mike, you will definitely NEED those winter tyres on the Passat. Mine behaved like an upside down turtle on snow! I'd rather walk! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #130644 5th Feb 2012 9:53 am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Visit peak 4x4 response website for info on how to get involved. I am in Ashbourne at the moment on a call and just been up a very steep side street covered in snow. A Hyundai Tucson was following but he couldn't get up.

Perhaps he needs a snow groove in his tyres Whistle Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #130659 5th Feb 2012 12:50 pm
MikeM46

United Kingdom 

dunkley201 wrote:
MikeM46 wrote:
Researching winter tyres for replacement Passat estate being picked up 22 feb Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Mike, you will definitely NEED those winter tyres on the Passat. Mine behaved like an upside down turtle on snow! I'd rather walk!

oh yes ... had them on the California last winter & was very active raising their profile with Phillip Hammond & industry bodies!

Post #130724 5th Feb 2012 9:00 pm
Junior

England 

MikeM46 wrote:
Researching winter tyres for replacement Passat estate being picked up 22 feb, & hoping for some snow in the meantime soon.

I have Continental Winter Contacts 215 55 R16s on my Passat TDi (170) SEL Estate. got about 6mm left on them and have been getting through 6in snow in the lakes, passed many stranded and abandoned cars including a Hyundia Tucson Thumbs Up

Post #130730 5th Feb 2012 9:19 pm
MikeM46

United Kingdom 

Junior wrote:
MikeM46 wrote:
Researching winter tyres for replacement Passat estate being picked up 22 feb, & hoping for some snow in the meantime soon.

I have Continental Winter Contacts 215 55 R16s on my Passat TDi (170) SEL Estate. got about 6mm left on them and have been getting through 6in snow in the lakes, passed many stranded and abandoned cars including a Hyundia Tucson Thumbs Up

Thanks Junior ... I'm looking for 235 45 R17s W speed rating. Best speed rating so far is V with 97 load index & reinforced for best all-weather tyres (Vredestein Quatracs 3s) available in this size.

Post #130738 5th Feb 2012 9:48 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

M46
Enjoy your Passat. Great car, I have had three & all been brilliant. 2 estates, one 140BHP DSG & a 170 sport. Loads of room, much better than FR2. Loads more reliable & brilliant on Fuel & much better service at dealerships.
I still miss my high line DSG

Post #130743 5th Feb 2012 10:07 pm
MikeM46

United Kingdom 

oldgeezer wrote:
M46
Enjoy your Passat. Great car, I have had three & all been brilliant. 2 estates, one 140BHP DSG & a 170 sport. Loads of room, much better than FR2. Loads more reliable & brilliant on Fuel & much better service at dealerships.
I still miss my high line DSG

My 3rd Passat estate this one, previous was a B5 & the first a B4 ... quite agree superb vehicles, but have to say the FR2 has been great apart from small size (before this I ran a VW California) & mpg at higher speeds. Full bore to Okehampton from Exeter today 25 mpg, sensible return trip 37 mpg. (Btw, the VW California was wonderful, but a reliability disaster apart from the van-side mechanicals, the dealer service however was superb!)

Post #130751 5th Feb 2012 10:34 pm
Junior

England 

I was lucky enough to find a 170 SEL estate fully loaded (1st owner must of ticked every option) in Black with Hal black leather and half black alcantara heated electric seats, Upgraded Dynasound Stereo system, voice command, bluetooth, Nav, Reverse Camera, keyless entry and start system,

I loved my FL2 but this car is so easy and comfortable to drive (The first car I have ever driven where I dont have the seat as far back as poss-being 6'3 and 19st) chipped to 200bhp 0-60 in 7 seconds and still does 50+ mpg at 80 on the motorway. Thumbs Up

A mans car not like a fiesta Whistle

Post #130805 6th Feb 2012 11:59 am
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Post #130807 6th Feb 2012 12:06 pm
MikeM46

United Kingdom 

Junior ... did yours include the winter pack? i.e. in particular the heated windscreen? After experiencing this on the HSE it's what decided me on this particular Highline (apart from all-round very good condition), but which apart from sunroof, auto hold extra on handbrake and all heated leather seats seems fairly basic in comparison!

Now scaring myself silly looking at all the issues the B6 Passats seem afflicted with. Shocked

Post #130820 6th Feb 2012 1:25 pm
Junior

England 

MikeM46 wrote:
Junior ... did yours include the winter pack? i.e. in particular the heated windscreen? After experiencing this on the HSE it's what decided me on this particular Highline (apart from all-round very good condition), but which apart from sunroof, auto hold extra on handbrake and all heated leather seats seems fairly basic in comparison!

Now scaring myself silly looking at all the issues the B6 Passats seem afflicted with. Shocked

Mine Has heated screen and seats, headlamp wash, Xenons, folding mirrors, auto hold, electric handbrake, even a hole for your umbrella in the drivers door,
Came with a full VW history when i got it early last year @60k, now on 120k apart from service items I've had a new lift pump in the fuel tank (250 quid) and VW fitted 4x new injectors at 103k and 43mths old as some sort of know fault.

Pardon the old cliche but she still runs like new Thumbs Up

Post #130824 6th Feb 2012 1:39 pm
MikeM46

United Kingdom 

Junior wrote:
MikeM46 wrote:

Mine Has heated screen and seats, headlamp wash, Xenons, folding mirrors, auto hold, electric handbrake, even a hole for your umbrella in the drivers door,
Came with a full VW history when i got it early last year @60k, now on 120k apart from service items I've had a new lift pump in the fuel tank (250 quid) and VW fitted 4x new injectors at 103k and 43mths old as some sort of know fault.

Pardon the old cliche but she still runs like new Thumbs Up

Oh boy ... did you do well! (Can't find the emoticon for a touch of the green stuff! What year? ... the injectors bit has me a little worried, but hoping Dec 2008 reg might be too young to be affected

Post #130833 6th Feb 2012 2:02 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

MikeM46 wrote:
Oh boy ... did you do well! (Can't find the emoticon for a touch of the green stuff! What year? ... the injectors bit has me a little worried, but hoping Dec 2008 reg might be too young to be affected

Mike. Later 08 & onwards Passats have the CR engine - no injector problems with them. Need to double check early 08 cars. Clue: CR cam cover has flutes like this ////. PD (earlier engine) has vertical flutes. Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #130836 6th Feb 2012 2:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>