Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > DPF then reduced power mode...?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Knoxy

Switzerland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Lago Grey
DPF then reduced power mode...?

When I set off driving the other day I got the DPF message (which I have had before but normally after cleaning the DPF it disappears. only this time it quickly changed to 'DPF really full (or something like that) Contact Dealer'. Before I could even get anywhere near the motorway to give it a good blast to clean the filter the engine went into reduced power mode and i couldn't get past 3k rpm.

Is this only due to the DPF or could it be something else. The other strange thing is that when I hear about this power mode people usually say there is an orange light on the dashboard... I don't have this. I only see it in the LCD information display as an information message.

I'm guessing from my searching the net that there is no other way to reset the power mode message...? I tried the old turn it off and then back on again. I even tried it whilst crossing my fingers but it didn't make much difference.

anyway the old girl is going to the garage on Monday just thought I'd sound out on here and see if there are any nasty surprises on Monday... Shocked

Why did it have to happen now??? It looks like its going to snow this weekend and I'm not going to be able to play out... Big Cry

Post #129467 27th Jan 2012 1:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1