Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Goodnight & Godbless Dad
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Thanks for all your kind comments - much appreciated. It was tragic from the outset, having been told he fell off his bike and sufferred a head injury, which triggered off a bleed on his brain. The confusing part started from the facts he has no injuries on his arms, hands or legs; his clothing was not torn or ripped in any way and his cycle crash helmet did not have a mark on it. Post mortem revealed he has 7 broken ribs on his left side and numerous fractures to his skull. His brain received such an impact, it got compressed.

Police investigation ongoing. I've been a cyclist for years and have fallen off more times than I remember, many of which have been at speed. I know his injuries were not sustained from a fall off his bike. He was hit by a car and I'm not even convinced he was on his bike at the time. He may have been at the side of the road putting his chain on or doing something else to his bike. That's the other complicaiton, his bike had hardly any damage at all.

The pathologist has stated the injuries were sustained as a result of a massive impact, not consistent with falling off a bike. The nightmare continues and I will always fight to find out what happened to my poor old Dad. He worked his whole life, being a thoroughly decent man and met a horrific ending.

Life's not fair Sad Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #123757 15th Dec 2011 10:26 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I hope you do get to the bottom of it. Life is simply horrible sometimes.

Whatever you go through in finding this out and indeed throughout the rest of your life, I believe your father will always be with you standing shoulder to shoulder and supporting you in everything you do. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #123762 15th Dec 2011 10:39 pm
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Sorry for your loss.
As a cyclist I have been knocked off three times in last 5 years , the latest last month- agree if you come off clothing, bike etc normally 'reflects' what has happened .
I hope you get to the truth. 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #123765 15th Dec 2011 10:46 pm
philsh

The Doctor wrote:
I hope you do get to the bottom of it. Life is simply horrible sometimes.

Whatever you go through in finding this out and indeed throughout the rest of your life, I believe your father will always be with you standing shoulder to shoulder and supporting you in everything you do.

That's what I believe too, mate. He certainly gave me a strength I never knew I had yesterday. My Mum certainly needed me to be strong. Who know's maybe he will come to me or we'll meet again, who will ever know. Apparently I'm turning into him more and more as time passes. His spirit will always live on in me and I'm proud of that. Thanks again Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #123768 15th Dec 2011 10:50 pm
MANUFAN

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Hi Phil,
Sorry for your sad loss. I am still recovering from a bike accident in mid September where I broke my collar bone, broke three ribs and had five stiches above my eye. It makes me realise how much worst it could have been. There are so many idiots out there who believe that cyclist have no right to be on the road despite many like myself who pay road tax on cars we own.
I hope you get some closure on the accident and my thoughts and sympathy go out to you and your family.

Post #123773 15th Dec 2011 11:14 pm
Annie

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green

Tragic news and made even worse by the uncertainty and lies surrounding it.

So sad. 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #123804 16th Dec 2011 11:50 am
RJS

United Kingdom 

Deepest sympathy, thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
RJS

Post #123806 16th Dec 2011 12:06 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

philsh

So sorry to hear your dreadful news,

My Dad was hit 25 years back from a driver, (In a rush home from a late night out with another woman) His wife thought he was working nights. he was more interested in getting home in time to take toast & tea to his wife for breakfast. Censored Censored

My Dad was of work for over 3 months, It could and should a lot worse ( My dad was so lucky)
I can still see that day when he walked in the house ripped to bits.

I have been riding for almost 25 years and Im with what MANUFAN has already seid,

Quote:
There are so many idiots out there who believe that cyclist have no right to be on the road despite many like myself who pay road tax on cars we own.

I sure we are all with you and your Family, At this Dreadful time. (Be Strong & Stay Strong )
All the best JP.

Post #123812 16th Dec 2011 12:40 pm
philsh

Thanks again, Guys. Hopefully over the next week, we'll get some answers from the police, and justice will be served. I'm not holding my breath though! Got to keep working at this one to honour my father and as stated by 'JP' - stay strong Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #124324 20th Dec 2011 12:52 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

really sad news Phil, sounds like you were close to your Dad.

hope you and your family can find some peace, and as someone else said remember the good times with your Dad.

sounds as if he was a great guy.

Iain

Post #124379 20th Dec 2011 5:58 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad 7years ago due to industrial disease from being a coal miner all his life. At least I knew his time had come and it was blessed relief for him. It must be horrendous when you don't expect it. Hopefully the truth will prevail and someone will do the right thing but in the meantime console yourself with the fact that every time you look in the mirror you will see him. He will live in you. May God give you strength! Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #124390 20th Dec 2011 6:51 pm
philsh

My Dad was my guide through life. He always knew the answers to any questions life posed. Without him, I feel lost and empty. Words can't express my loss. I know he lives on in me and I will do whatever I must to honour him. I've sufferred my fair share of grief during my life, but this has been the worst I've ever experienced, and I wouldn't wish such sufferring on anyone.

Thanks again. For what it's worth, for those of you who have the opportunity to do so, tell those in your immediate family how much you love them. God bless one and all. Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #124438 20th Dec 2011 11:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12