Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > wierd limp mode please help.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nac34

United Kingdom 
wierd limp mode please help.

hi this is my first post on here and the reason i joined up after finding the forum.

i have a 2007 xs 65000miles. only had it for around 5 months and have started having trouble with it.

last week i was driving casually when sunddenly it lost all power and was crawling up hill. with a message saying reduced engine performance after turning the ignition off then back on i all was fine for a day then it happened again but this time it happened 3 times in one day. booked into LR the next day and on my way there i lost all power again but this time it stalled and couldnt get started. i got towed the rest of the way to LR dealer who checked it out and said it was most likely fuel filter.

i had this changed on wednesday and now today (saturday) i was driving to work when it happened again. this time tho i pulled over turned the engine off and restarted and the fault had gone. an few 100 yards from work and i thought is it just slight inclines it happens on or hard acceleration. i pulled over on a flat road an revved up abit all was fine. after i pulled off was doing around 20mph i put my foot down and next thing the loss of power happened again.

going to phone landrover on monday again to get them to look at it but im wondering if anyone has any idea what it may be. the car is out of warranty so im trying to eliminate differant things so im not changing this and that so its not costing a fortune if thats possible

just looked at the print out LR gave me when i collected the car for the fuel filter and it got on there diag carried and found codes relating to low fuel pressure. so could the problem lie with a faulty fuel pump or could there be something else causing the problem

any help would be appriciated thanks

Post #117759 22nd Oct 2011 2:41 pm
EYorkshire

First and cheapest, I would suspect a faulty fuel pressure regulator or bad connection on related sensors.

Last edited by EYorkshire on 22nd Oct 2011 4:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #117763 22nd Oct 2011 3:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Could be the pump in the fuel tank, if it's happening on inclines Question pure guess though Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #117764 22nd Oct 2011 4:05 pm
nac34

United Kingdom 

thanks for the reply guys.

been in LR for over a week now and still no joy first they told me it was some thing to do with a sensor and rail for the high fuel pressure which they fitted but still no joy then after further test and they rang a few days later and said it was 100% the high pressure fuel pump but again no joy. in fact it is worse than before as they cant even drive the car over a speed ramp as the car stalls with the extra revs needed to get it over.

i cant really fault LR with there help although they have not fixed the car they have waved the cost of all work done to it and are saying they wont stop until they find out what is wrong. but it looks like another week with out the car so does any one have any other suggestions on what could be wrong

symtoms were. loss of power under load seemed to happen more when going up hill. but did happen on flat ground too. not sure on fault codes but LR said they were codes relating to low fuel pressure. high pressure pump changed, and also they said a rail and sensor near the injectors had been changed too.

as before any help or suggestions will be much appreciated

Post #118374 28th Oct 2011 6:05 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

A bad earth can cause multitudes of problems and will not show in memory fault codes. This has been discussedoften on the forum. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #118428 28th Oct 2011 11:12 pm
handygaza

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Lago Grey
did you find out the problem mine doing the same

nac34 wrote:
hi this is my first post on here and the reason i joined up after finding the forum.

i have a 2007 xs 65000miles. only had it for around 5 months and have started having trouble with it.

last week i was driving casually when sunddenly it lost all power and was crawling up hill. with a message saying reduced engine performance after turning the ignition off then back on i all was fine for a day then it happened again but this time it happened 3 times in one day. booked into LR the next day and on my way there i lost all power again but this time it stalled and couldnt get started. i got towed the rest of the way to LR dealer who checked it out and said it was most likely fuel filter.

i had this changed on wednesday and now today (saturday) i was driving to work when it happened again. this time tho i pulled over turned the engine off and restarted and the fault had gone. an few 100 yards from work and i thought is it just slight inclines it happens on or hard acceleration. i pulled over on a flat road an revved up abit all was fine. after i pulled off was doing around 20mph i put my foot down and next thing the loss of power happened again.

going to phone landrover on monday again to get them to look at it but im wondering if anyone has any idea what it may be. the car is out of warranty so im trying to eliminate differant things so im not changing this and that so its not costing a fortune if thats possible

just looked at the print out LR gave me when i collected the car for the fuel filter and it got on there diag carried and found codes relating to low fuel pressure. so could the problem lie with a faulty fuel pump or could there be something else causing the problem

any help would be appriciated thanks

Post #123184 10th Dec 2011 5:18 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I had the same problem (lack of power,low fuel pressure) had the filter changed and codes cleared at Team valley Landrover, every things working fine, suspect dirty fuel there have a few in over the past fee weeks !
The lads at Team valley are great and sorted it out in no time Thumbs Up (filters are not cheap !!)

Post #123201 10th Dec 2011 6:18 pm
handygaza

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Lago Grey

Thanks for that how much are the fuel filters ?

Post #123205 10th Dec 2011 6:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1